Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Heavy Grineer Machine Gun

mynameisd

This picture's been passed around more times than N64 controller at a frat house. We already have functioning machine guns. I don't see the need for such large machine guns in a game that puts more emphasis on fast pace action.

Edited by Grandarex

This is whats called a HMG (heavy machine gun). Heavy machine guns are ALWAYS mounted, because the are usually .50 caliber. Here is an example

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2KZA4o9hQk

If you are saying it should become a weapon, you can bet your buttcrack it wont happen.

If you are saying that grineer should have this in MG nests in levels... Possibly

This is whats called a HMG (heavy machine gun). Heavy machine guns are ALWAYS mounted, because the are usually .50 caliber. Here is an example

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2KZA4o9hQk

If you are saying it should become a weapon, you can bet your buttcrack it wont happen.

If you are saying that grineer should have this in MG nests in levels... Possibly

I want to see people walking around like terminators with their own HMG's, enemy nests would be cool too though.

I'm sure it's do-able

I wouldn't mind being able to equip a new class of heavy primary weapon that required you to go into a ready position that lowered mobility while packing a high degree of firepower.

+1 to this. A turret/mounted weapon that requires a sort of brief "set-up" before being able to fire would make an interesting defense weapon and the set-up time would balance out the high firepower that would otherwise make it overlap with Gorgon/Soma/Supra. Could probably get away with having two versions of this weapon ; a bullet version for Grineer and a laser version for Corpus.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Basically, something like the Heavy's minigun from TF2.

Although if you built an entire class of weapons around that concept, you could get some pretty interesting results. We've already seen artwork for a flakk cannon, how about something like a high powered laser cannon? Or a multi-lock on missile launcher?