The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Scope Idea

Snougar

Just a thought I had and decided to share~

I would love to see the Lanka have a high tech scope. Something that would make enemies stand out a little when aiming down scope. Be it akin to thermal or night vision, or just a simple outline like Banshees Sonar would look pretty awesome.

The only reason I thought of this, was playing a round on Narcissus and seeing one crewman hiding somewhat out of view. The idea of the Lanka being a powerful, penetrative coil sniper rifle that is able to shoot through 5m of cover, The idea of having a scope aid in these shots would be awesome. 

ScopeIdea.jpg

Now Ignoring my lack-luster photoshop skills, I kinda went with thermal vision'esque look. But moreso want to point how one crewman who is semi obscured, but you can make him out fully (Also the default Lanka scope is pretty cluttered and distracting in my opinion - so highlights would help)

Obviously you shouldn't be able to see through everything, but something like that would be nice.

But yes, this was my little brain fart I thought I'd share!

Opinions and ideas - throw them up. How can we make the Lanka scope a little better?

Well, scopes as general have problematic visuals, usually being way too bright so some kind of highlighting of enemies might be good. Remember the Scanner - it "pings" enemies/objects of interest even through walls in every few seconds. The same effect could be applied to Enemy sense so instead of using the radar it would show enemies within range every 5 seconds.

That with a less-agressive scope would be a nice set especially with Lanka's abilities (innate punch-through).

It was Christmas not long ago, so let's ask for this as a gift from DE :D And maybe some new looks for Lanka that look less like Snipetron and more like a standalone sniper... preferably a Coil-/railgun.

And a new set of pink shorts, yes, that would really make the game better.

Jokes aside, some form of "intelligent" scope would be truly nice - and logical in a sci-fi environment.

Well, scopes as general have problematic visuals, usually being way too bright so some kind of highlighting of enemies might be good. Remember the Scanner - it "pings" enemies/objects of interest even through walls in every few seconds. The same effect could be applied to Enemy sense so instead of using the radar it would show enemies within range every 5 seconds.

Oh I completely forgot about the scanners highlighting! Yes, this would be perfect for the Lanka. Same idea, point and it would highlight, but obviously a lot quicker, dare say instantly.

Be nice if the scope could have a readout of the enemy type and its vitals too. But I think that'd be asking too much haha.

I'm in for a targeting assistance too, at the moment I see no reason to leave behind my beloved Vectis for a weapon with just slightly higher elemental damage, that has to load it's shots (trigger finger spasms!!!), doesn't work in CQC (exaggerated barrel clips through enemy...), shooting from the hip on short distance is not very accurate as the shot starts at the barrels end in the moment you release the trigger, punch through is highly unpredictable (can shoot through some things, others not, wtf) and the sodding projectile is slower than your off-the-shelf bullet (railgun-thunderbold-whatever-nonsense!).

I'm not sure how many people have seen the movie Eraser, with Arnold Schwarzenegger. But the EM-1 coilgun that they use is how I'd love the Lanka to kind of be nice. It's big, fires these awesome looking projectiles and has a futuristic scope.

Also browsing about found:

Warframe_edgedetect_zps7fbd848d.jpg
Credit to scaleblues thread over at https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158921-item-a-new-sight-type-maybe-a-new-crewtype/

To me that as a scope would look awesome.

Looks pretty awesome.

This also would add some useability for currently underpowered weapon (Lanka really loses to Vectis and Snipetron Vandal atm).

My thoughts exactly. Its powerful and slow, so you always aim your shots at the biggest threat. Heck, maybe only highlighting, or having heavies/ancients show as a different color down scope to make emphasis that this is what the Lanka was made for.

I would also love it if the innate 5m penetration was a constant thing. I cant tell if its the latency (Or when you dont host) but penetration seems to not work most of the time.

Also to make it less intrusive, because I imagine people wont like the idea of having visuals on all the time. Why not make it a toggle by pressing the block button when aiming downscope?

Edited by Snougar