Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Rush From The Game.

Kaidinah

The guys who rush already use Rush. This is a buff to the people getting left behind since they can now go faster.

Why not ask the removal of vitality, redirection, streamline, flow, focus, etc actual mods that are good for just about every build not rush which is not even close to always useful?

^this^

The guys who rush already use Rush. This is a buff to the people getting left behind since they can now go faster.

...upping the speed of every frame by 30% still makes rhino and frost the slowest, they just have no way to compensate. They get left behind with rush out of the game no matter what. Now at least they can add it and keep up with everyone else who isn't using it.

Those suggestions already have threads. This is a separate but very related idea though I do support those threads suggesting the removal of those mods as well.

Except for Focus and Streamline. Those two and their corrupted counterparts do actually offer the level of customization that should be in the mod system. Go with the safe Focus or the risky Blind Rage? Its excellent. Flow, Vitality, and Redirection have no foils. Maybe if Rush has a Sprinter counterpart that rose sprint speed and hit stamina then I would have less of a problem.

If you removed rush you would be slowing down gameplay for a lot of people and I don't think that would be a posative thing to do to this game.

He wants to remove rush mod and give all frames a +30% sprint speed flatly. 0.9 to 1.17, 1.0 to 1.3, 1.2 to 1.56 etc.

If you removed rush you would be slowing down gameplay for a lot of people and I don't think that would be a posative thing to do to this game.

You responded to the title of my thread and not the content of my opening post. I made my title slightly misleading so that if people like you showed up we could easily tell that you did not read anything on this thread and therefore have no business posting.

You responded to the title of my thread and not the content of my opening post. I made my title slightly misleading so that if people like you showed up we could easily tell that you did not read anything on this thread and therefore have no business posting.

So you purposefully mislead people to lord over them and tell them they 'don't know what they are talking about'? Do you realize how trivial that reveal makes you seem?

So you purposefully mislead people to lord over them and tell them they 'don't know what they are talking about'? Do you realize how trivial that reveal makes you seem?

No I purposely make sure that the title is related but not revealing to make sure that if people like that guy post, it is obvious that they did not read. People shouldn't give feedback if they do not know what they are giving feedback on. Responding to threads that you have not read is bad practice and makes a terrible beta tester.

In other words, I am saying that reading is important. People should do it, and they look bad when they don't.

It is also for a terrible for a beta tester to suggest changes based on what they use often and assume that the majority of the test base uses the same methods, and without checking with other testers makes suggestions based on a assumed majority that never existed in the first place. It is also bad practice not to be upfront and clear with intent with titles.

It is also for a terrible for a beta tester to suggest changes based on what they use often and assume that the majority of the test base uses the same methods, and without checking with other testers makes suggestions based on a assumed majority that never existed in the first place. It is also bad practice not to be upfront and clear with intent with titles.

The entire community I run with uses rush, and it is part of the key to our success. Last time I checked a sample group of over 300 was good enough when you are just a beta tester. Making assumptions is bad form son, and you should stop doing it.

Secondly, it is great practice to not be upfront with topic titles. It is the only way to catch people such as that guy from earlier who do not read threads. You have no business responding to a thread if the initial post is not read. Period.

Edit: Man we are getting off topic. Have anything else to say about Rush that I haven't addressed yet? For instance a response to my suggestion for a corrupted sprint mod that decreases stamina?

Edited by Kaidinah

Seeing as you made a assumption from a tiny group of 300, you assumed that would transfer over to the larger pool of tens of thousands of other beta testers? It is clear when you look over this topic alone that your test group and your assumption was wrong. You are also not my father so never refer to me as 'son', Tenno.

If you find it fun to not give people a short briefing of your thoughts within a title, that is your amusement I guess, I fail to understand the logic.

As for on topic.. The mod is not Mandatory, even though you repeatedly try to say it is. As for a corrupted mod that lowers stamina totals for the sake of increased sprint speed, sure have at it. I would find it either useless from how much the penalty is compared to the pay off, or just a sprint replacer. There is little point IMO, in Rush being on a build and even less for two sprint increasing mods. The only frame I put sprint on is one of my builds for ash when I am doing nightmare capture to maximize how much distance is covered while cloaked, not even my frost wastes a slot on Rush.

Seeing as you made a assumption from a tiny group of 300, you assumed that would transfer over to the larger pool of tens of thousands of other beta testers? It is clear when you look over this topic alone that your test group and your assumption was wrong. You are also not my father so never refer to me as 'son', Tenno.

If you find it fun to not give people a short briefing of your thoughts within a title, that is your amusement I guess, I fail to understand the logic.

As for on topic.. The mod is not Mandatory, even though you repeatedly try to say it is. As for a corrupted mod that lowers stamina totals for the sake of increased sprint speed, sure have at it. I would find it either useless from how much the penalty is compared to the pay off, or just a sprint replacer. There is little point IMO, in Rush being on a build and even less for two sprint increasing mods. The only frame I put sprint on is one of my builds for ash when I am doing nightmare capture to maximize how much distance is covered while cloaked, not even my frost wastes a slot on Rush.

Have fun being wrong. Son.

People besides Lokis and Vanguard Rhinos use Rush?  This is news to me.

I think Redirection, Vitality, and the mods that strengthen your powers (Focus, Continuity, Stretch, Streamline, Flow) are far more ubiquitous than Rush.  Every single one of my builds uses at least one and usually more than one of those.  Only my Loki and Ash have Rush installed because it feels pointless to me on other frames when I could use that slot for something better like Focus or Redirection.  And I have like 10 different frames.

If we increased sprint speed across the board as you suggested then people would just cry about Loki being OP because he would get the biggest benefit out of it.  Your attitude in general also makes me just not want to agree with you.  Don't be so condescending and maybe people would be more receptive.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

People besides Lokis and Vanguard Rhinos use Rush?  This is news to me.

Go fast or go home.

Also this:

Those suggestions already have threads. This is a separate but very related idea though I do support those threads suggesting the removal of those mods as well.

Except for Focus and Streamline. Those two and their corrupted counterparts do actually offer the level of customization that should be in the mod system. Go with the safe Focus or the risky Blind Rage? Its excellent. Flow, Vitality, and Redirection have no foils. Maybe if Rush has a Sprinter counterpart that rose sprint speed and hit stamina then I would have less of a problem.

Edited by Kaidinah

Edit: Man we are getting off topic. Have anything else to say about Rush that I haven't addressed yet? For instance a response to my suggestion for a corrupted sprint mod that decreases stamina?

Since people think corrupted mods are a good idea I wouldn't be surprised if we see it but it wouldn't be that ground breaking. You can already choose between stamina, stamina recharge and sprint speed. Its just adding more mods like the mod you opened this thread trying to take away. Only the sprint would have to decrease shields or health. That way DE could add 3 more mods to dilute the drop tables more, and you could set up the same merry-go-round the current corrupted mods have. I personally don't care for corrupted mods though.They end up taking away from each other more than they add on most frames.Given the varying improvement factors needed for each ability it just turns frames into one trick ponies because the other abilities got gimped in the modding process. Or makes that trend worse in any case. At least they are optional like rush.