Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Effective Bow Loadouts?

WakeTheShark

Question

I really like using the bows in Warframe and now that I'm starting to get a better understanding of the game I'm wanting to know really what mods and polarity slots I should have set up for each bow to maximize it's effectiveness in it's field of use.

As of this post this is what I have set up

Paris Prime (Used for Grineer missions): 1 V forma

Mods: Serration, Piercing Hit, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Speed Trigger, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, and Malignant Force

Cernos (Used for Corpus missions): 1 V forma

Mods: Serration, Rupture, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Speed Trigger, Cryo Rounds, Stormbringer and Bow mutation

Dread (Used for Infested missions):

Mods: Serration, Sawtooth Clip, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Speed Trigger, Infected Clip, Hellfire, and Malignant Force

I plan on replacing the last mods on each list with split chamber when I get my hands on it.

19 answers to this question

Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, and Split Chamber are musts on a bow, but you already know that.

I actually like having Malignant Force on my bows, and will likely continue to use it, if only for the status chance increase. With bows already sitting at a very solid 20%, you can easily push that above 30% with Malignant Force alone, giving you more procs. It's also pretty cheap too, considering what it does.

Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, and Split Chamber are musts on a bow, but you already know that.

I actually like having Malignant Force on my bows, and will likely continue to use it, if only for the status chance increase. With bows already sitting at a very solid 20%, you can easily push that above 30% with Malignant Force alone, giving you more procs. It's also pretty cheap too, considering what it does.

I was using it more so to increase the corrosive damage/gas damage I have on the bows respectively since I'm more focused on trying to get that one shot one kill deal goin xP I used to use Thunderbolt but I realized that the damage is static and you can't modify it at all really.

I was using it more so to increase the corrosive damage/gas damage I have on the bows respectively since I'm more focused on trying to get that one shot one kill deal goin xP I used to use Thunderbolt but I realized that the damage is static and you can't modify it at all really.

I've personally been combining mine so I'd have Malignant Force + Infected Clip + Stormbringer/Hellfire. If you use both Malignant Force and Infected Clip, they basically combine to deal more toxin damage.

I really like using the bows in Warframe and now that I'm starting to get a better understanding of the game I'm wanting to know really what mods and polarity slots I should have set up for each bow to maximize it's effectiveness in it's field of use.

Bows are generally to most unrewarding weapons in the game.

Paris Prime (Used for Grineer missions): 1 V forma

Mods: Serration, Piercing Hit, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Speed Trigger, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, and Malignant Force

Switch to: Serration, Hellfire, Vital Sense, Stormbringer, Infected Clip, Point Strike, Speed Trigger and 1 random which you will replace with Split Chamber

Cernos (Used for Corpus missions): 1 V forma

Mods: Serration, Rupture, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Speed Trigger, Cryo Rounds, Stormbringer and Bow mutation

Switch to: Serration, Cryo Rounds, Vital Sense, Stormbringer, Hellfire, Point Strike, Speed Trigger and 1 random which you will replace with Split Chamber

Dread (Used for Infested missions):

Mods: Serration, Sawtooth Clip, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Speed Trigger, Infected Clip, Hellfire, and Malignant Force

Switch to: Serration, Vital Sense, Stormbringer, Infected Clip, Hellfire, Point Strike, Speed Trigger and 1 random which you will replace with Split Chamber

Also 1 forma is way not enough for a bow to host all these mods. The order in which I placed elemental mods is not random. Using Rupture, Piercing Hit and Sawtooth Clip is a waste of mod space since they increase only the specific type of damage unlike Serration that increases damage of all types at once. So if you use them you basically go for 30% of bonus damage instead of 90% you would have from an elemental mod

Edited by seiryuo

So don't thunderbolt?

Thunderbolt damage is fixed and afaik can't be increased in any way. It's a nice mod when you're leveling on apo a new frame or a recently forma'd bow, but otherwise it's a waste of mod space.

Aside from that, forgot to mention that Cernos is more joke than a bow and it's better to use PP/Dread vs corpus than cernos... Unless they will release a prime version of it - which I doubt.

Thunderbolt damage is fixed and afaik can't be increased in any way. It's a nice mod when you're leveling on apo a new frame or a recently forma'd bow, but otherwise it's a waste of mod space.

Aside from that, forgot to mention that Cernos is more joke than a bow and it's better to use PP/Dread vs corpus than cernos... Unless they will release a prime version of it - which I doubt.

Yeah I was looking around and heard the real debate was between the Dead and Paris Prime, I use it anyway cause I like having weapons for each group of enemies xP

What about balistica?

I have heard that ballistica can beat Paris Prime and Dread in terms of DPS (cause fast charge time + no need to put an arrow in every shot)

So yeah its pretty good. I prefer the main bows cause they feel satisfying to shoot.

here guys, we need to get this spread around

dpsframe.com

currently has all the update-to-date damage values and mods for all Ranged weapons (Yes all bows are on there)

the current king is the Dread, which packs a whopping 3269 DPS if you are using Charged Shots each

its build is already listed on the above site, but it uses the MAXED following mods:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Cryo Rounds

Storm Bringer

Infected Clip

And a Faction Bane Mod

the page will let you play around with any mod configuration you'd like.... minus any with Thunderbolt

Speed Trigger/Shred mod worth it for faster charge up to shoot? I leveled my Cernos to 30 and it was a dreadful experience, currently leveling Dread to 30 before keeping it around on the side for whenever I feel like stealthing around. For killing lots of enemies, I tried attack speed for faster charge, crit chance for massive damage spikes on headshots, and serration. I feel after a certain point, it's just overkill on damage and you want to focus on killing consecutively. Or maybe I'm just not meant for bows...

Speed Trigger/Shred mod worth it for faster charge up to shoot?

Yes, for lower levels.

For high level enemies and missions (like Tower 3s) its best to go with a Pure Damage build.

Early on, the speed of your Arrow/Sniperrifle offsets the damage loss by a bit, and lower level enemies don't really have huge pools of health and shields for you to worry about.

Once they do, you need to mod to make sure that First Arrow or Bullet does the most damage humanly possible so they don't pull a magic trick and make your health go poof (or chip your paint if you are Rhino)

here guys, we need to get this spread around

dpsframe.com

currently has all the update-to-date damage values and mods for all Ranged weapons (Yes all bows are on there)

the current king is the Dread, which packs a whopping 3269 DPS if you are using Charged Shots each

its build is already listed on the above site, but it uses the MAXED following mods:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Cryo Rounds

Storm Bringer

Infected Clip

And a Faction Bane Mod

the page will let you play around with any mod configuration you'd like.... minus any with Thunderbolt

Imho, if you're not using speed trigger you will get eaten alive by swarms of weaker mobs. Having a fast charged shot is rather usefull and I think it will definitelly out DPS a pure damage build.

Imho, if you're not using speed trigger you will get eaten alive by swarms of weaker mobs. Having a fast charged shot is rather usefull and I think it will definitelly out DPS a pure damage build.

I will admit, using that build on my dread makes me play a bit more 'smart'. Im sticking to cover and dodging a lot more than I would be normally.

Bastille is a godsend, and it makes my life so much easier in mission.