Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Use Duplicative Mods?

3XT3RM1NATUS

The other part of the reason is that DE wanted people to try more combinations instead of Multishot, multishot, multishot, armour pen., damage, elemental on every single gun like most people were doing.

Also most of the new mods when fully upgraded are giving about the same stats as stacking of old mods, unless all you did was stack one or two types.

The other part of the reason is that DE wanted people to try more combinations instead of Multishot, multishot, multishot, armour pen., damage, elemental on every single gun like most people were doing.

Also most of the new mods when fully upgraded are giving about the same stats as stacking of old mods, unless all you did was stack one or two types.

Then what they should do is follow up on that and give each individual gun it's own set of slot attributes favoring one or two types of mods over others. Currently, most of my weapons only have 1 such slot, when if they wanted to force differentiation of weapons they would have 3-4 marked slots.

prior to update 7 you can have a 300% mutlishot with a Hek and I already seen the damage with just 100% so yeah there is overkill

Probabaly why they didn't add duplicate mods option

there is no overkill there's only "open fire" and "i need to reload"

What if I want to go for full fire rate or damage like I did pre-update 7?

I think DE should allow us to use the same mods on one weapon. And to -balance- this may be there should be some point penalty..

It allows easier balancing of mods and easier testing. If they let multishot max out at say 300% then they can test that. but if you let people use multiples then you would have to test everything up to and including full set of multishot 300%s. ... then add in the other variables.. crit rate, fire rate, damage... it changes alot. But now that you cant crazy stack a single thing you can put on a bunch of predictable maxed out mods. eg your weapon has maxed out crit damage, crit rate, fire rate, multi-shot. And thats much easier for them to balance weapons for that. It also gives you reason to actually USE other mods other than multi-shot. Cause lets face it... multishot basically took fire rate, damage and added them together multiplicatively which spiked weapon damage to insane levels causing bosses to require insane amounts of hp. Now with 1 of each mod max, bosses will be easier for the dev team to balance for. Players basically broke the old system. Thats why everything needed to be reset... because there was no real challenge left in the game.