The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tutorials

MJ12

Most of us are beta testers who have sunk dozens of hours into the game, which means it might be easy to miss things that are necessary for new players' enjoyment of the game. I was reminded of this because I linked the beta key giveaway to some friends and some of them have had frustrating issues with a few mechanics. The game needs to explain a bunch more stuff in the tutorial, IMO.

This list is in rough order of importance.

1. Laser Fences and Cameras. The relation between laser fences, turrets, and cameras, and how to turn the former off, is never explained ingame. I always thought it was a timing thing and you had to roll through them, for some reason until I asked the forums.

2. Hacking. I figured out hacking after one failed hack but the ground rule of teaching people is "Always assume the student is an idiot".

3. Elemental Damage. What does Armor Piercing, Incendiary, Electrical, and Freeze do? What are they most effective on? This could be a section where Lotus gives you a VR version of an elemental mod of each type.

4. The various types of melee attack. The jumping melee attack is extremely useful against heavy units and bosses and is never actually explained. Only melee and charge-melee are talked about.

5. Weapons types. Okay, most people know what each weapon type does, but Lotus should go over sniper rifles, assault rifles, semi-autos, and shotguns for the sake of players who are literally playing their first 3rd person shooter. Because you'll probably get some.

6. Enemies and enemy armor. "Why are my guns doing 1/3rd of their damage" should be a question answered by the tutorial.

if it wasnt for my playing other games, i wouldnt kave known about the cameras and lazer fences. as well as hacking.

also have it talk about hull breaches and how to fix them as well as the possible help for them. (ex using a hull breach to kill a room filled with greneers)