Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Developers, When You Will Fix Bug With Flying Tenno With Dual-Zorenz(And Another Weapons)

Aquartos

Seriously, i don't understand why some people want to nerf/replace or even delete the coptering.

Ok, it can ruin your "immersion", so what ? Do rockets or grenades passing through walls break your immersion ? And when you sneak behind a grineer to slit his throat, just to see him alert his comrades because he mysteriously survived, does that not break your immersion too ?

Coptering is a bug, yes, but it's what we can call an "Advanced Technique", a bug that proven itself useful to players, to the point where it can be used to quickly cover grounds to revive a partner, run away or activate a life capsule before time runs out.

You don't even need it to be fast, a frame with 100% base speed can run pretty fast too with rush maxed.

Edited by Pazgabear

Seriously, i don't understand why some people want to nerf/replace or even delete the coptering.

Ok, it can ruin your "immersion", so what ? Do rockets or grenades passing through walls break your immersion ? And when you sneak behind a grineer to slit his throat, just to see him alert his comrades because he mysteriously survived, does that not break your immersion too ?

Coptering is a bug, yes, but it's what we can call an "Advanced Technique", a bug that proven itself useful to players, to the point where it can be used to quickly cover grounds to revive a partner, run away or activate a life capsule before time runs out.

You don't even need it to be fast, a frame with 100% base speed can run pretty fast too with rush maxed.

Agreed.

It adds something not intended but quite good (and fun) to the gameplay.

This somewhat reminds me of another game I used to really enjoy in the past called "Gunz". It used to be your regular "Run and Gun" game, which used all kinds of guns and melee weapons similar to WF. Having a gun was mostly superior to bringing a knife to battle (hence the name), until someone discovered a small glitch: the ability to cancel movement animation using melee, which allowed players to perform acrobatic and near-parkour maneuvers which were not seen before, darting all over the place and climbing fluidly.

Suddenly, the game was given a new breath of life and variety. New moves and styles of combat evolved around that "glitch" and it became so essential that the devs considered it part of the game.

Edited by Hadronox

This somewhat reminds me of another game I used to really enjoy in the past called "Gunz". It used to be your regular "Run and Gun" game, which used all kinds of guns and melee weapons similar to WF. Having a gun was mostly superior to bringing a knife to battle (hence the name), until someone discovered a small glitch: the ability to cancel movement animation using melee, which allowed players to perform acrobatic and near-parkour maneuvers which were not seen before, darting all over the place and climbing fluidly.

Suddenly, the game was given a new breath of life and variety. New moves and styles of combat evolved around that "glitch" and it became so essential that the devs considered it part of the game.

ah GunZ. Butterflies and slashshooting everywhere.

Remove Stamina and other movement limitations, and Coptering will be allowed by the community to slip quietly into the night, As it is right now, Getting around anywhere at reasonable speeds is such a pain, that Coptering is a neccessity.

Anyone remember the Swingset glitch in GTA IV? That is what Coptering in Warframe is, A bug that turned itself into something incredibly fun and useful.

Edited by Killerdude8

Remove Stamina and other movement limitations, and Coptering will be allowed by the community to slip quietly into the night, As it is right now, Getting around anywhere at reasonable speeds is such a pain, that Coptering is a neccessity.

Anyone remember the Swingset glitch in GTA IV? That is what Coptering in Warframe is, A bug that turned itself into something incredibly fun and useful.

Swingset glitch is left on the side. You do not see it in your regular gta experience, completing missions and playing gta as it sort of should be played while progressing trough campaign. It's always there and it's super fun but it does not interfere with anything else and ruin this whole "gta" feel.

While coptering is getting in your face since it's so ugly and you are forced to deal with it.

But that does not mean that stamina or sprint speeds shouldn't be improved.

Please offer solutions that require the same amount of APS or more, those are the only ones I would accept as viable alternatives, as simply pressing "w" the whole time would bore me into quitting faster than 10x new detrons being introduced.

you're having a tunnel vision here.

Sprinting would be used where there are obviously no shorter or quicker ways to objective which is for example 30 meters away, in a plain corridor or something.

Everywhere else, there will be shortcuts which you can access trough advanced movement (which will hopefully be improved), but coptering is certainly the most broken and stupid looking one. And it's way too effective, leaving any other maneuver useless.

you're having a tunnel vision here.

Sprinting would be used where there are obviously no shorter or quicker ways to objective which is for example 30 meters away, in a plain corridor or something.

Everywhere else, there will be shortcuts which you can access trough advanced movement (which will hopefully be improved), but coptering is certainly the most broken and stupid looking one. And it's way too effective, leaving any other maneuver useless.

When I run straight forwards right now, I am not bored stiff because I get to press a bunch of buttons in combos to flip and slide and move faster. I'm simply saying the only change I would be OK with is one in which I get to press the same amount of buttons at the same frequency or higher, as anything less would bore me into quitting.