Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

stealty play

historyboi

It's hard and get's almost impossible realy fast if you solo, as there is often just no way to kill a group of enemies fast enough nor a way to bypass them as there are (at the moment) no alternative paths like airvents (though its possible to sneak through the bigger rooms undetected). It get's easier once you got a group that can coordinate, with one player taking overwatch by the consoles to take down anyone taking a run for the alarm system while the others take down the enemies with one fast and brutal attack.

I'd like to see some expansion on the sneak part though, as the basics are certainly there and work well, like the limited Line of Sight of unalarmed enemies.

What the game needs is a "shadow" system where you can hide in the dark without attracting nearby enemies.

i mean the loki warframe's stealth skill is still needed for areas that are well lit. its just for the loki to turn on stealth and run through all the enemies

meanwhile other warframes have to use the darkness and the shadows

but thats just my idea and i think it would add alot extra fun to the elements of spy missions/stealth missions

I find the shadow system appealing.

But yeah, at the moment stealth is basically impossible.

Right now there is only way to do a stealth mission.

KILL EVERYTHING, LEAVE NOTHING ALIVE.

Not one creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Stealth gameplay using shadow system like splinter cell is good but just because you're in the shadow doesn't mean enemy can't see you. I'm like line of sight system from metal gear series. This game already has a 'feel' of metal gear solid 1-2 (one commando infiltrating hightech facility)

To make stealth gameplay really work, multiple change should be made to HUD and map in general.

1. Line of sight indicator and change in AI behavior.

2. Silent kill. Using big longsword cutting enemy in half isn't really stealthy.

3. Alternate pathway through the map, air duct, sewage, etc.

Yeah, it could work. And reward for completing mission in stealth should be better than normal since it's going to take a lot longer than 'kill everything' gameplay. No alert, no kill should be the aim of stealth gameplay - thus a big bonus to frame/weapon affinity since you're not going to use your weapon/skill much.

Edited by neKroMancer

Stealth gameplay using shadow system like splinter cell is good but just because you're in the shadow doesn't mean enemy can't see you.

haha i didnt really mean that you are going to be invisible in the shadow just that the enemies have to stand a few 1-2 metres in front of you to actually see you

3. Alternate pathway through the map, air duct, sewage, etc.

and that ideas is VERY sweeet!

Edited by flacmurry

what about a regenerating energy? just have it be slow. also have the skills be silent so a loki switch teleporting while cloacked will temporarily confuse a hostile long enough for an ally to kill silently. and the loki being cloaked is now in the face of a small group that he can slay with his sword.

i cant say much about the other frames because i have only played with the loki frame (and plan on the ash frame)

Edited by historyboi

you're almost invisible while crouching, but yeah eventually a dude spots you. the problem is that they hit the alarm the second they walk up to it, they should add a 2-3 second animation where they're typing on the console to at least give you a chance.

I think the initial "You haven't been detected yet" thing is just for effect. The game doesn't truly support entire stealth runs.

No doubt with blood, sweat and shear agony you could somehow manage an almost complete stealth run, but it'd be too long and tedious. Most importantly, it wouldn't that fun.

If energy passively regenerated, and sight range / stealth kill systems were implemented, it could very well be viable.

What the game needs is a "shadow" system where you can hide in the dark without attracting nearby enemies.

i mean the loki warframe's stealth skill is still needed for areas that are well lit. its just for the loki to turn on stealth and run through all the enemies

meanwhile other warframes have to use the darkness and the shadows

but thats just my idea and i think it would add alot extra fun to the elements of spy missions/stealth missions

I was just thinking yesterday about it, a "skyrim-like" system would be really fun to be added to the game.

It would be nice to choose to stealth and not only kill kill kill everything always everywhere. It would add some depth.

Today I found "Energy Siphon" Deck of random alert, it generates energy, with modes at reducing the use of energy can pass all levels in permanent invisibility^__^

Lol, that doesn't seem broken at all. ;)

Either way this thread is reminding me of Thief and System Shock, which is very good, and if the game gets a few more stealth elements added to it, I'd feel much better about solo/duo queue.

was thinking, a nice addition would be a warrame that makes noise (as well as other stealthy stuff) but the nois it makes would be in the location that the frame was looking. have the frames primary focus be more of silent damage/support.

possibly give it a noisemaker, paralisis dart(only working on unshielded or when shields are down),cloak/dagger(cloaks target and adds to mele damage but wears off imediatly when damaged or shooting a gun) acid puddle (when used with paralisis dart, target suffers a dot that they cant run from or call for help with)

was thinking, a nice addition would be a warrame that makes noise (as well as other stealthy stuff) but the nois it makes would be in the location that the frame was looking. have the frames primary focus be more of silent damage/support.

possibly give it a noisemaker, paralisis dart(only working on unshielded or when shields are down),cloak/dagger(cloaks target and adds to mele damage but wears off imediatly when damaged or shooting a gun) acid puddle (when used with paralisis dart, target suffers a dot that they cant run from or call for help with)

throw a rock at the corner of the room, have guards investigate... ;)