The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slots Need To Go

spartan-322

As much as I do not like the limited slots spending 25$ with a 50% off discount will let you get slots for all the warframes and a decent amount of weapon slots and if you can afford the internet connection needed to play the game you can afford 25$

plus you can sell mods for platinum if you are not willing to spend any cash so I don't think there is to much of a problem

that said I do think they should up the starting warframe slots to 5 and add 10 weapon slots or alternate between 2 weapon slots or a warframe slot every time you gain a mastery rank

because I want to KEEP all the items that I take time to gather both the credits and the components to build them.

That there is your reason buddy. 

The game wants to make you keep your items, and pay for slots to do so.

If you really are that invested in the game that it's riling you up this much, either farm your way to some mods that you can trade for plat, or work your way in real life to earn a fiver to buy some slots.

No "free to play" game is ever completely free. But at least Warframe is purely "pay for convenience". You could happily try every warframe, every weapon, every mod and every mission without having ever put a dime into the game.

Many of you are using the excuse that "not everything is free". Now, I did not ask for everything to be free, not by a long stretch. I asked for only the slots to be free. Hell, they don't even need to be free. Being able to use credits to pay would be much better than actual cash. I did not ask for potatoes to be free, I did not ask for frames to be free, I did not ask for weapons to be free, I did not ask for cosmetics to be free, I did not ask for anything except slots to be free. So stop acting as if I wanted all the game to be free.

I (and many other people) do not have a money tree. We can't pay continuously for the privilege of having space for weapons and frames.

Let me rephrase your idea, OP:

Because I don't have money, and I need slots, the slots should be free.

So...what about you go to a car dealer, point at one of the cars and claim:

Because I don't have money, and I need a car, this car should be free.

Let me rephrase your idea, OP:

Metaphors like that don't always work.

My idea:

Inventory space is a very needed thing in a game with loot. Making it the only thing that has to be payed with real money is a bad thing for the consumer.

You guys have to realize that free to play doesn't mean that you can use it as an excuse to make vital game necessities be purchased with money. The same way it doesn't mean everything is for free. It is a different type of game. It is a game in which the content is free to whoever want to play (paying or not paying) while the people who pay get some extra privileges or skips because they payed money. A free to play game has to be balanced, it has different obligations and rewards than making a normal game.

Now, for the last time. Not EVERYONE can pay real money for gaming currency. And once again, not EVERYONE can pay real money for gaming currency. And one last time, because people don't seem to get it, not EVERYONE can pay real money for gaming currency.

Free to play doesn't mean play a bit of the game then pay. It means that you can play almost all of the game without having to pay. Paying in a free to play gave should be a choice that you make because you might want to speed things up. There are a lot of things that are very difficult to obtain without paying, but you still can. Thinds suck as potatoes, or frames, or just high level weapons can still be obtainable by playing a while. Or you can use some money to get them quickly.

But slots? You are required to pay. And unlike potatoes and forma and such that you can go without, slots are essential if you want to get a feel for what the game has to offer. And very much like Shehriazad said, more content is being made, which means that you will have to keep spending money CONTINUOUSLY to be able to use the new weapons and frames.

Like I said before, what DE can do is reimburse people that bought slots.

You should understand you can play and access everything besides some of the skins/sentinal add ons without paying a dime. All the slots do is make you choose between what is good to keep and what is crap that isnt worth it at the end game. You have access to everything else without paying 1 penny. And with trading farming platinum can get you what you cant get with ease. Of course it takes a bit longer but in the end its still free. While buying platinum speeds the process your never forced to do it.

That is what a free 2 play game is. You have access to nearly everything for free. And other things can be gained with either time and farming, or in some cases just time. You dont need 30-40 slots because chances are at least 85-95% of those will be useless/ineffective in most decent level missions. While the idea of having a collection is nice its better to choose whats practical and what works before starting on said collection. Id love to have all the weapons/warframes to choose from but how useful those weapons/warframes are makes it hard.

After all whats the point of even having an MK-1 braton vs a gorgon or soma? It just takes space and cant hold its own on stronger opponents because it lacks damage. If you come to the point where you have all good weapons and they are useful twords the mid-end game and dont want to discard them. Then you can always sell rarer mods for the plat it takes to open them. You would be surprised at what people are willing to pay for mods or even something as simple as t1-t3 keys.

A f2p game needs some form of revenue to advance further and make things better. Weather that is from having ads on the site to having a top up option to get stuff faster/get more exclusive stuff. Its just how things work to give you better stuff in the future.

Not gonna touch this. This topic is trivial, and not worth the effort.

Then why bother to reply? by doing so you touched the topic with a comment that is near useless. (other than saying its trivial)

Edited by dragonkingdx

you didn't play enough didn't you? 1 frame slots costs 20plat that's how much? 1$

20plat = 2-3 easy to get mods, or simply few fusion cores. if you're playing more and more you swim in these stuff, you can even sell t3cap keys for up to 15plat each.

did you ever play other mmos?

for example Tera Gameforge really wanted 20€ not $ yes € on 1 character slot!.

that's pure insanity

if you ever experienced other F2P games, you'll see Warframe has super expensive stuff, but things you really need is extremly cheap, not only that, you can get platinum by PLAYING, unlike any other game.

and better let's not talk about mobile games, I can easily spend 5000$ on a game and still didn't unlock half of the content, simply because it has that high paywall.

you don't lose any experience by beeing a Free Player, you can get the whole game experience for free, it just takes slightly more time than a Premium Player but that's pretty much all.

Metaphors like that don't always work.

My idea:

Inventory space is a very needed thing in a game with loot. Making it the only thing that has to be payed with real money is a bad thing for the consumer.

You guys have to realize that free to play doesn't mean that you can use it as an excuse to make vital game necessities be purchased with money. The same way it doesn't mean everything is for free. It is a different type of game. It is a game in which the content is free to whoever want to play (paying or not paying) while the people who pay get some extra privileges or skips because they payed money. A free to play game has to be balanced, it has different obligations and rewards than making a normal game.

Now, for the last time. Not EVERYONE can pay real money for gaming currency. And once again, not EVERYONE can pay real money for gaming currency. And one last time, because people don't seem to get it, not EVERYONE can pay real money for gaming currency.

DE put work into this game and you can enjoy all of it for free.

Now you are complaining about you cannot keep every frame/weapons?

So you don't complain about ps4 cost some hundreds dollars and ps4 games cost 40-50 each. 

And you are complaining about a F2P game charge you about 50 cents to keep a frame??

your point being that the inability to obtain them otherwise forces people to pay money for a game that is stated to allow you to obtain everything through simply effort?

If you can get everything in this game by just using effort, then there would be absolutely no income for DE.

Stop being greedy. This game is as free as it should be, and is the least "pay2win" game I've ever played. If $5 (or even $2.50 if you wait for a 50% off coupon) is too much for you, then you should stop playing games and find a job.

If you can get everything in this game by just using effort, then there would be absolutely no income for DE.

Stop being greedy. This game is as free as it should be, and is the least "pay2win" game I've ever played. If $5 (or even $2.50 if you wait for a 50% off coupon) is too much for you, then you should stop playing games and find a job.

Gonna be hard to find a job being 17. In Venezuela.

Can I ask the people that are arguing against try to not be rude? Many users here that went against my idea had the decency to not be rude or to talk me down. Which is greatly appreciated when you want me to see your point of view. Trying to insult me by calling me cheap or greedy will only result in me not bothering to pay attention to what you are trying to say. This is a discussion, not an attack. If you are sharing your point of view, the least you can do is be nice about it. I don't like having to defend myself every time I post.

Can I ask the people that are arguing against try to not be rude? Many users here that went against my idea had the decency to not be rude or to talk me down. Which is greatly appreciated when you want me to see your point of view. Trying to insult me by calling me cheap or greedy will only result in me not bothering to pay attention to what you are trying to say. This is a discussion, not an attack. If you are sharing your point of view, the least you can do is be nice about it. I don't like having to defend myself every time I post.

Nobody is rude to you. You are asking something outrages.

@spartan-322:

Get used to not getting everything you want, thats life, learn it eairly.

Keep an eye on the promotion forums, there are many ways to get platinum without paying for it, even without trading.   Some other players even run competitions for platinum they have paid for themselves.

At the end of the day DE has to make an incentive to spend money on their game.  Honestly if you spend more than about 20 hours playing it they deserve some, because games are not cheap to make and the cost for entertainment hours is insanely good.  All in all you dont have to have that much platinum to never need to worry about slots again.

Slots are really the only blanket incentive to get people to pay for DE's effort.  Not all people pay for cosmetics or convinence, or even orokin catalysts/reactors.

At the end of the day there is no such thing as a free game, someone is paying for it somewhere along the line.

Nobody is rude to you. You are asking something outrages.

To me its not outrageous. To me it seems reasonable. This is my point of view, if yours is different, you are welcome to explain so and show me the way you see it. Calling me greedy or cheap, or telling be to go get a job, instead of saying why you think the way you do, is not the best way to make me see this issue from your point of view.

EDIT:

@Loswaith I see what you are trying to say. Maybe free is not the best way, but what about a way which allows you to get slots (in a somewhat difficult, but not impossible way) that allows players to choose between spending time/credits/resources instead of actual money, while still allowing players that want and can spend money to get them faster without going through all the troubles?

Edited by spartan-322

To me its not outrageous. To me it seems reasonable. This is my point of view, if yours is different, you are welcome to explain so and show me the way you see it. Calling me greedy or cheap, or telling be to go get a job, instead of saying why you think the way you do, is not the best way to make me see this issue from your point of view.

This one again. When you understand this, you will understand why your request is outrageous.

This one again. When you understand this, you will understand why your request is outrageous.

Because the school needs money, and the parent can pay money, students should be charged to be able to sit in class. If they can't pay that extra fee, then their children won't be able to sit during class.

Metaphors work both ways.

It's like this. 

If not everyone can afford to pay a few bucks to buy more slots, Then not everyone can keep all of the weapons and warframes they grind for. It's a trade off, and a reasonable one, and generally the way the world works (give something to get something)

Those that can pay will and by paying they will support the game and for that they will get slots and cosmetics and whatever they decide to spend their platinum on. 

Iut wait, if you can't afford a few bucks on platinum you can in fact use the growing player economy to trade mods for platinum to then buy slots with.  So you already have a path to get slots without paying.  yeah you have to work at it but hey, DE worked hard to create and support the game, and I believe they deserve to be funded more than anyone deserves free slots.

So there it is, use plat to buy slots... get plat buy buying it or grinding for tradable mods and selling them.

again it's not unreasonable.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Because the school needs money, and the parent can pay money, students should be charged to be able to sit in class. If they can't pay that extra fee, then their children won't be able to sit during class.

Metaphors work both ways.

If school charges for sitting, it is excatly what will happen.

Literally everything in this game can be obtained for FREE by just playing it other than weapon and frame slots. Buying slots supports the game and allows the dev team to keep expanding the game that you're playing. You can drop $10 on this game and have an extremely enjoyable experience with a large number of frame and weapon slots and never have to pay another dollar. If you want to hoard all the things, you're going to have to shell out more money for slots. If you dont want to, then make due. That's the way the game works. 

With the advent of trading, it's even easier to make some plat to buy frame and weapon slots. Stop being lazy and go do something about it other than whining. 

So, No, they don't "need" to go.

Both Warframe slots and weapon slots need to be taken out of the game. Their whole thing is just a money grab gimmick. They only hinder the game experience for players who can't afford to use money on virtual currency and want to grab a free to play game to play for free. Why make such an essential thing such as space for warframes and weapons be only obtainable through money purchases? Seriously, the excuse that you can "sell items so that you can make space" is just stupid, because I want to KEEP all the items that I take time to gather both the credits and the components to build them. For me, this slot system is worse than RGN or wait times.

What, you really think a free to play game is really a free to play game?  Come on, you have to pay the folks that keep developing the game.  The idea is to hook you and hopefully you will invest some dollars in the game.   Spend $20 for the platinum and buy the slots.

Sorry, but I want DE to keep developing the game, and they need money for that.

Anyway, as pretty much everybody said, you can get plats by trading mods. Strangely enough you never replied to that.

So I'm gonna assume that you're a lazy, greedy lad who cant even be bothered to support a game he plays. Shame on you.

Do you get an allowance from your parents? Have they taught you how to use a bank account yet? If not, then sucks for you. Do you think every other F2P game with cash only items/cosmetics/slots will say "Aw, there's a Venezuelian kid that wants something everyone else has to pay for, but can't because he doesn't have any money. Y'know what!? This is a travesty! Let's make what he wants free! Who cares about being paid for our hard work!"

Being able to earn at least a few extra slots without having to cash out would be grand though. 2 Warframe slots is outrageous...and I dont actually remember how many weapon slots you start with...but if its anything less than 6...it should be 6.

Like let people earn 1 Warframe slot and 2 Weapon slots via mastery or a questline etc? Not like it would hurt anyone... Making them free might seem radical I guess....but with the always rising amount of frames and weapons....the later players join the game....the bigger this "illusionairy" paywall gets.

Of course you're free to try all weapons and frames...but having to discard things you like for things you only MIGHT like just to find out you trashed some favorite for something you hate....is very painful.

Some might say that there is a few others f2p games that only give you 2 character slots....but those are generally f2p mmos with like what... 5-8 classes tops with reaaally defined roles.

Most other f2p games nowadays dont limit you on your weapon or character collection much anymore (Path of Exile lets you have like 12 or so characters for free as an example....LoL lets you have 120 for free ;P All the really successful f2p games just wont limit you on the basics...or rather wont limit you at all...they only make you pay for vanity.)