Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Elemental Frames Not Be Affected By Their Own Element?

Beheader87

Frames that have abilities that revolve around the elements shouldn't be affected by their own element or effects on ships(ice on a mission), right? So why isn't it like that?

Examples: Ember has an ability where she literally lights herself on fire, but can still be damaged by fire?

Frost creates an isolated globe with nothing but cold and snow, but still has half shields on missions with ice?

Saryn emits enough toxin from her body to clear an entire room, but can still be damaged by toxin damage?

This has been brought up before...

Like 20 times..

But okay. I think it would work, like Vauban/Booben and Volt being electrically resistant. While Booben is only 50% resistant. 

People say it would break balance but not to me. It would make frames more unique. Perhaps Excal could have like 25% resistance to everything etc.

This has been brought up before...

Like 20 times..

But okay. I think it would work, like Vauban/Booben and Volt being electrically resistant. While Booben is only 50% resistant. 

People say it would break balance but not to me. It would make frames more unique. Perhaps Excal could have like 25% resistance to everything etc.

Or slash dmg, For Excal. I could see the more tanky, Buff Frames like Rhino getting Impact resistance.

Or slash dmg, For Excal. I could see the more tanky, Buff Frames like Rhino getting Impact resistance.

The problem that i see now is that DE would add a weakness for a buff - "balance" -

for example if we get ember fire resistance, they will add ice weakness, just for the LOLs.

better to leave the thing untouched =(

The problem that i see now is that DE would add a weakness for a buff - "balance" -

for example if we get ember fire resistance, they will add ice weakness, just for the LOLs.

better to leave the thing untouched =(

Yeah, but I don't know if thats such a bad thing either. I mean shouldn't ember be more affected by ice? 

It's logical.