The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Tier 3 Scaling Counterintuitive

Soundwave_Zer0

I've been recently trying to farm for the tier 3 reward table for the infested to get a banshee helmet (as have a good number of people). The problem is that getting to wave 15 seems to be too steep of a barrier to even begin rolling for the drops. While there should be a barrier between work vs reward, it's a relatively thin boundary without the player feeling cheated on either end.

That said, getting to wave 15 is ultimately too much work for the sake of even getting a chance to get the reward you want. In my experience with farming Xini, most players in pugs left by wave 10. A similar issue occurred today in Valefor, when I saw it had an infested invasion. Most players left by waves 5 and 10, so I had to continue alone. Thus, this causes the issue of the only real way to progress far enough is to either have friends/a really good clan, or have an arsenal of fully leveled nuke everything style weapons and cheap tactics. In my case, this was using a rank 30 Penta in order to blast infested, who had too small of a reach to attack the reactor core.

In general, isolating the vast majority of tier 3 rewards is likely to deter most players from obtaining them at the point the scaling is at, seeing as how the only way to plausibly get them is to carry incredibly high ranked weapons or be in a clan who is willing to help all the time, both of which are reasonably hard and time consuming. I think there should be less work required so as not to deter players from continuing into the defense or from a large amount of useful mods/rewards found at that point. I think the level requirement for tier 3 rewards should be more around the 22-23 levels as opposed to 25, as just those few levels reduces the work required exponentially, from wave 15, to probably around 10.

*sigh* Half a day gone to waste, and nothing to show for it but maybe a fusion core, tier 2 void keys, and a bunch of heated charges (by god, how they taunt me)...

In short, the argument I was trying to present was that most people throw in the towel by wave 10 or so, meaning I have to fend my myself most of the time, and that tier 3 is a bit too much of a time sink, seeing as how most maps start at tier two, so you have to spend a good amount of time even before you start rolling for T3 stuff.

In the infestations people leave at 5 cause they want to do 3 missions quickly and get a main reward. 15 waves vs infested is not hard solo, but its a huge time sink and for what, 2% chance of Banshee helmet? And infestations end quickly.

Since infesteds gone from the main map getting Banshee parts is rediculously hard. You better farm vaults and sell mods to buy her.