Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Endgame For Warframe.

Retrikaethan

yes, hi. hello. i may just be late to the table with this particular epiphany, but i'm gonna go ahead and say stuff anyway. i've been trying to figure out why i don't play warframe more and i realized that the content we have currently available, for the most part, lacks a single crucial element: a likely chance at failure. the chance of failure is what determines the difference between a grind and a challenge, and while you can tone down your gear to match a mission type with a team limiting themselves the same way, that's not true difficulty. difficulty should be defined as making gameplay require the player to do certain thing(s) without the need for gear. not that things cant have a baseline need of gear before you do them, just that you don't need the absolute best to be able to win. (the boss updates have been doing really good for this). so anyway, id like to ask that anyone interested in dropping ideas for de to or not to use, please do so here:D

my idea for one? sure why not. War. simply enough, a battlefield (where the corpus and the grineer duke it out with land forces, dropships, and orbital bombardments and stuff.), that ought to be generated similarly to how missions are now but instead of rooms, its one single massive room with chunks of it generated by the random selection. one chunk could be a simple flat area littered with cargo or debris while another would be 4 chunks in size housing a building or base of some large size. stuff like that. anyway, the idea would be that the tenno being injected (could be a specific chunktype so youre not always joining in the same place. could also be used as the exit) would have an objective to complete within said warzone to either tip the scales or just to steal information.

an addition to this could be that the mission type limits entry depending on where it is, similar to conclaves, so that the intended audience is who all can actually use it. mercury has new people, pluto has the best we have to offer. (you could also add infested spawn chunks so they can join the party and all around screw everything up. zombie apocalypse in mid combat.) there could also be a threat meter for the tenno. defining how aggressive the grineer/corpus are when they do find you. from 0: ignoring you to shoot that grineer heavy gunner to 10: F@#$ THE WAR, KILL THE TENNO.  things like ults would generate a lot of threat, while things like ash or loki's invisibility things wouldn't do much of anything.

annnd thats about where my creativity ends. this could be something to do alongside the invasions. i'd have to figure there's ground forces somewhere to match the ones in space.

TL;DR: endgame should be skill based (and exist). i cant think of anything past War so post your ideas and lets see if we can come up with something challenging and fun for everyone that de may or may not use :D

TL;DR: endgame should be skill based (and exist). i cant think of anything past War so post your ideas and lets see if we can come up with something challenging and fun for everyone that de may or may not use :D

I agree 1,000% but unfortunately the state of the game is such that no one cares about anything but RPG stats. It will be difficult for DE to create an endgame that's hard without everyone calling it too hard, or calling weapons too weak and constantly demanding a new gear tier.

I think our best hope is the 'endless' mechanic used by survival and some defense missions. It starts out with just lots of easy enemies that people can blow away, and slowly ramps up. Then it lets people decide when to leave, that way there's never the expectation that you'll 'WIN' and everyone knows ahead of time that it'll get hard. This seems to have worked very well for DE so far.