Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loving U7

lonelydrone

WITH THIS I DON'T MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE OR RUDE WITH ANYONE, IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY, THANK YOU.​ I'M SORRY IF THE POST IS A BIT MESSY AND UNORGANIZED.

To the haters:

c'mon, you're not giving even 2 days before you start saying "awww this game now sucks", "where are the skill trees?", "Lvling is meaningless" and stuff like that.

I'm LOVING it!!!!! Thank you DE.

Most people whining about the mod system, why? cuz they only want to do alerts or they didn't want to "lose" all their progress, lvls now mean nothing? LIES, give the new system a few days either to get the MODS all WANT, or the SKILL some NEED. (don't wanna be rude with any of you)..... and you will see.

I've got just a few good mods, LVLED THEM A BIT, and now on my lvl 12 banshee i can take out the golem,

do I die sometimes? yea, that's why game give us 4 revs daily.

do I feel like lvls are crap now? NO, if you are high lvl you can equip HIGH lvl mods. you don't want to lose alll those precious mod fusion cores just now, well, that is not my problem. (I had 15 pages of old mods, which meant like 6 of the new mods, now i have less than 2, but have lvled mods).

don't know how to lvl mods? Steve made a thread about it.

with the new system, to get better, you have to play more, just like it should be. I can see myself (not a grinder btw), even more powerful than I was before because of the new system, give it a couple days and hopefully you'll love it as I do now.

You might need to go lower maps before you can get to pluto and eris again? probably, but, what is wrong with it?

and please don't teel me the "oh! i've invested so much time (and money) in this game, and now that progress is gone" crap ........ it's beta, they could have reset all of our accounts if they wanted to and just say "ups, we had to" .............. if you had enough time to make ALL that progress you didnt want to lose, then you'll eventually get there and farther.............. "time is money, u know?", dont waste yours, go do something else (I'm more than happy "wasting" mine playing).

Do I want a change, even before we can see it's true potential? No.

AGAIN, WITH THIS I DON'T MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE OR RUDE WITH ANYONE, IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY, THANK YOU. I'M SORRY IF THE POST IS A BIT MESSY AND UNORGANIZED.

To DE:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE NEW SYSTEM AND EVERYTHING!!!!! LOVING ALL OF IT!!!!!

:D

Please allow me to respond.

-Progression is now completely randomised based on card drops.

-Leveling gives nothing but additional mod points; as if grinding mods and fussion cores and the credits to use them wasn't enough.

-You won't be more powerful than before, the cards have max level and you can't equip duplicates.

-Additionally, warframe abilities take up mod points, further limiting your choices when it comes to mods.

-People have to farm all the beginning systems again, this is what they mean by loosing progress.

-Some of us don't have 15 pages of fusion cores to drop on upgrades, it takes rather a long time to upgrade things to previous levels.

While this system has huge potential, it's current itteration is flawed. I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I'll be enjoying it when they improve it.

money, its all about the money, too expensive to fusion, too low income from ANY sources, even farming cronus BP, takes like 5-10min rushing in, gaining 2.5k? give me a break, a getting a nice % on a common mod takes 50k...... i spent 750k i had on some uncommon modes to have meanwhile on a decent mod level, and i feel like i did nothing, i get raped at ceres... been lv 30 with all weapons lv 30? i agree the new system its great, but the levels on the weapons should actually add base stats, at least a small ammount to make the levels be actually something....

yea i hated the new mod system, but after tinkering with it for hours i finally got it. before i could never find a sprint mod for my warframe, but i got one my first game today and easily upgraded it from 5% to 20% for a few fusion cores and about 6600 credits.

it sucks that my excalibur and other lower lvl warframes is weak again but their getting back to their glory days of being the warframes they used to be.

that being said it is flawed, costs to fusion are still to high and its going to take awhile before warframes can be brought back to the high level systems again. not to mention lvling only gives mods slots and no stat boosts. a lvl 30 and lvl 1 warframe or weapon should not have the same stats.

Edited by Ptolemaios

I really dont understand why people are freting so much over this update.

For the record i love the majority of update 7, but it should be way more than obvious right now that DE listen to our feedback and make changes/additions based on that feedback.

Seriously, this is the 2nd time since i've been a part of this beta DE has remade the mod/leveling system based on feedback. I hope they do add base stat increases for leveling gear and warframes because i dont feel that sense of accomplishment from leveling up from just the mod cards alone.

Its also pretty clear from this new system how reliant the games difficulty and progression is on Shield, Health, and Armour mods, which again im sure will be addressed.

If you use Fusion Cores then the cost is higher than if you use Mods. I only use Fusion cores to top off what needed to up the Mod to the next level. Most of my Mod level is using other Mods to fuse and not fusion cores.

I took a 5% sprint mod to 30% for about 3000 credits because I used mostly Mods and not Fusion Cores.

I found a 25% shield capacity Mod that I fused to 120% for about 4400. Really cool stuff. And I love that never need to find another Shield capacity or sprint speed. I can just keep modifying and fusing the ones I have.

ATM, there's NO progression outside of random generation. While your things level up, only luck determinds whether that level up has any value.

Honestly, this would not have been bad if they didn't remove the skill tree. They could've just had mod slots locked by level or kept that same damn system. Why would you remove such a useful part of the game?

Anyhow, there's serious balancing needed for the new mod system. The cost variations is not clearly stated so a lot of people having been wasting serious amounts of creds on it. Why the hell does 1 rare core + 10-20 cores commons/uncommons cost less than 3 rares? These things need to be addressed.

ATM, there's NO progression outside of random generation. While your things level up, only luck determinds whether that level up has any value.

Honestly, this would not have been bad if they didn't remove the skill tree. They could've just had mod slots locked by level or kept that same damn system. Why would you remove such a useful part of the game?

Anyhow, there's serious balancing needed for the new mod system. The cost variations is not clearly stated so a lot of people having been wasting serious amounts of creds on it. Why the hell does 1 rare core + 10-20 cores commons/uncommons cost less than 3 rares? These things need to be addressed.

This system has more freedom bar none! You can specialize in what you want. You couldn't before. You can also gamble with skills from other frames. I used Volts 4 abilities to enhance Ash's. Love that. I can find Volt's abilities again so I'm not worried. Also have not touched Bladestorm as I don't like the kill-everything button.

\

This system has more freedom bar none! You can specialize in what you want. You couldn't before. You can also gamble with skills from other frames. I used Volts 4 abilities to enhance Ash's. Love that. I can find Volt's abilities again so I'm not worried. Also have not touched Bladestorm as I don't like the kill-everything button.

You could specialize in what you want before. Why couldn't you before? Hell, now you can't stack mods (which is fine with me). Anyhow, That's not even my problem. The problem is there's no progression without relying on random generated loot. Customization is now random. That removes the underlying reason to play, the "well I still got this out of it" feeling. The required amount of credits to do cool things is relatively high making credit rewards meh compared to the previous "OH SNAP, I GOT A SKILL POINT"

Yeah you can now fuse other skills into one to boost its level. It's also neat that you can remove a skill you don't use. I mean before, You could have picked up a skill going through a path, but that didn't particularly mean you had to use it. That's up to you.

rawgritz, maybe you could stop just repeating these buzzwords and try and prove your point.

and loneydrone, if it's too early to criticize (aka whining) it's also too early to be in high heavens about it. simple, really.

try to grasp that this is not about the loss of power even though some actually do whine about that. remember how de_steve said that they had to do something to restrict players from doing things like stacking certain mods (which broke stuff in the old system). well, the beauty of the new system is that these restrictions are built in, so it is kinda a tad overboard to just sing praise to its "freedom". what's more is that in the old system you actually had the freedom to run around without health and shield mods. you had the freedom to do high level content without overpowered mods.

Edited by SlyBoots

rawgritz, maybe you could stop just repeating these buzzwords and try and prove your point.

and loneydrone, if it's too early to criticize (aka whining) it's also too early to be in high heavens about it. simple, really.

try to grasp that this is not about the loss of power even though some actually do whine about that. remember how de_steve said that they had to do something to restrict players from doing things like stacking certain mods (which broke stuff in the old system). well, the beauty of the new system is that these restrictions are built in, so it is kinda a tad overboard to just sing praise to its "freedom". what's more is that in the old system you actually had the freedom to run around without health and shield mods. you had the freedom to do high level content without overpowered mods.

I have no idea what you mean by buzzwords--not by the definition I understand. I did give example to prove my point.

There is more freedom. I can go in directions I want and am not restricted to the skill tree. For instance. I had to choose Bladestorm to get to some of Ash's other abilitites and definitely to get them to level 2 or 3. None of that now. Plus who cares that you can't stack mods if you can keep adding to a single mod. Before, if you found a speed mod you undoubtedly wanted find another and another. Now I can just keep enhancing and improving the one I have.

I like that. You may not. But many do.

that's a much better explanation right there. maybe over time they will even add more skills to choose from and customize your ash further who knows. but you said specifically that you couldn't specialize (like at all) before which is simply wrong. and "wasting" 1 of 30 skillpoints for an unwanted skill wasn't that dramatic either.

Edited by SlyBoots