Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Name Ideas For My Dark Knight Frame Idea?

AfroGamerNinja

Disclaimer: This is NOT a Batman frame.

So, some days ago, I posted this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/159551-dark-knight-warframe/#entry1869342

I would've asked if any of you had any ideas for a name on the concept's thread, but since I was the last one that posted in it...

The only ones I thought of that would fit the concept are Tepes and Caligula. What about you? Do you have any suggestions?

Vlad and Dracul would make sense if we're talking about vampire frames. Khan can fit, though.

Then why Tepes? Vlad "the Impaler" Tepes was the inspiration for the vampire, even if he is a Romanian folk hero most westerners connect him with Dracula.

Anyway, a quick wiki suggests Laund, Talbot, Nazgul, Wraith and Monty as names.

Then why Tepes? Vlad "the Impaler" Tepes was the inspiration for the vampire, even if he is a Romanian folk hero most westerners connect him with Dracula.

Anyway, a quick wiki suggests Laund, Talbot, Nazgul, Wraith and Monty as names.

Because I had the Romanian folk hero in mind when suggesting the name.

Because I had the Romanian folk hero in mind when suggesting the name.

But 99% of the fanbase will think Vampire, not a vicious but fair warlord that protected his country from the Turks.

It's like how DE called Oberon the "paladin" frame and everyone lost their S#&$ when he didn't look like a D&D knight, ignoring the fact that he fits the definition of Holy Champion just fine. Hell, taking Lotus' comment on Tenno Void powers being sacred, they're all paladins.

Most people don't care about history and only know the pop culture version.

But 99% of the fanbase will think Vampire, not a vicious but fair warlord that protected his country from the Turks.

It's like how DE called Oberon the "paladin" frame and everyone lost their S#&$ when he didn't look like a D&D knight, ignoring the fact that he fits the definition of Holy Champion just fine. Hell, taking Lotus' comment on Tenno Void powers being sacred, they're all paladins.

Most people don't care about history and only know the pop culture version.

Like how people would think of Batman when I'm mentioning "Dark Knight" instead of this: https://www.google.ca/search?newwindow=1&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&q=dark%20knight%20fantasy&revid=1741913733&ei=7WbVUsuQL6asyAGT1oC4Dw&ved=0CCEQsyU

And if anyone asks: the dark knight is also known as the black knight, who, in feudal Europe, are similar to ronin. They paint their armor black in order to prevent rust and damage.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja