Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 8 Mastery Test

(PSN)Steve1234123

Because they aren't practicing in the right spot. Find a straight wall, pick a spot in the distance, wall run and shoot at it. Now repeat. I've showed several friends this technique in the void and they've passed. People fail over and over because they try the test, fail, log on to the forums to rage about it, and try again the next day. Or, they use Loki, fail, log on to the forums, rage, and try again the next day. Either way, they go about the normal farming, but don't even seek out a spot to get used to it. As per one of my previous posts in this thread, I'll help anybody who needs it, but I never get messages asking for help.

I guess my ultimate answer is that people fail because they don't try to use this skill. They're failing because they're not actually practicing.

Edited by (PS4)gutbrucer

the real trick is use any warframe except zephyr and get stamina mods Quick Rest, Acrobat, and Marathon.

While in mission press options, go to controller layout...and change your jump button to L1. I have passed this test twice in a row already( won't register that i have completed it though) with Oberon and its a piece of cake this way.

NOTE: I've failed 4 times before realizing this and i recommend only doing this button layout to avoid confusion in the future so change it back immediately unless you think its useful to you.

why not just switch hold jump to wall run off?

Because they aren't practicing in the right spot. Find a straight wall, pick a spot in the distance, wall run and shoot at it. Now repeat. I've showed several friends this technique in the void and they've passed. People fail over and over because they try the test, fail, log on to the forums to rage about it, and try again the next day. Or, they use Loki, fail, log on to the forums, rage, and try again the next day. Either way, they go about the normal farming, but don't even seek out a spot to get used to it. As per one of my previous posts in this thread, I'll help anybody who needs it, but I never get messages asking for help.

I guess my ultimate answer is that people fail because they don't try to use this skill. They're failing because they're not actually practicing.

BTW I have no issue with test. I already passed it. I was simply giving feedback. If someone wants to do the test differently from how you did it, there is nothing wrong with it.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Update 12.4 included:

Modified the Mastery Rank Challenge 7 to 8 to be easier to complete while using a controller.

I'm interested to hear if players feel this change has made an impact. Let me know here! 

I'm going to go with a flat out No on this one.  I noticed absolutely no difference in this rank challenge after the update.  I'm in double digit attempts and i've failed each one.  Admittedly, I haven't tried the loki or the ignis approaches because I wanted to be able to wall run, shoot the orbs and get through the challenge. The controller setup is just too clunky for me and i'm pretty much at a point where I have to use what I consider to be on of the cheat techniques (Loki) to move forward with ranking which is unfortunate.  I think it's a ridiculous idea that people would quit over a rank test as noted earlier on in this forum but it is extremely frustrating.  I get the idea that it's a training mission for a reason but honestly, it has little practical value anywhere else in the game and i'd prefer the option of deleting the rank mission (or remove the shooting aspect entirely) over forcing everyone to get a loki and use the cheat technique.

why not just switch hold jump to wall run off?

because when i did that my warframe would not stay on the wall or sometimes wouldn't even run on the wall.

holding L1 is much more friendly to my hands, and to who said we need "learn a new skill" without remapping buttons, well you have to hold x while aiming with your right stick and your left stick is being held in the direction you are running and shooting as well, that is impossible to do on this mission as 3 of the buttons you have to press are on the right side of the controller with X being the odd ball because you cannot have your thumb on the right stick while holding x down at the same time so remapping jump to L1 would be the best option. Like i've said before i passed that test 3 times with Oberon( 3 times because i got the non rank up bug which is solved by re installing the game.)

Update 12.4 included:

Modified the Mastery Rank Challenge 7 to 8 to be easier to complete while using a controller.

I'm interested to hear if players feel this change has made an impact. Let me know here!

It's not a good test.

When you consider that it's the only test people really fail consistently, over and over again, you then have to take a step back and realise that it's broken.

It sticks out like a sore thumb in the MR trials, no test before or after it is as buggy as this, even if you hit the balls, target the walls properly and time your jumps properly, the wall run mechanic isn't sufficiently robust on the PS4 to guarantee that it will work correctly.

Or you could use the other cheat technique and run vertically up the wall then walk across it. ;)

Funny enough I had to use this to get by.  The other techniques (ignis and loki) didn't work for me.  Loki wouldn't respawn a clone in the training session at all and ignis didn't help the wall run/shoot at all.  Vertical wall run with nova was all that it took though the last platform I just had to hit the bottom of the platform and it counted as a completion.  Still had nothing to do with shooting and wall running at all but at least I can move on.  I would still rather they remove this training session entirely or just remove the shooting aspect and have players just run it.

I did eventually pass it,but with Loki. I had to learn to stay far away from the top of the wall I wanted to set my decoy on ( I was apparently standing too close?), and on the top of the walls were little blocks (like the top of a fencepost) that I would aim for. Then I would walk slowly until I could jump, so it would trigger a climb, to get up the the target platform. 

@gutbrucer  that is why I didnt message you, but I appreciate the offer for help

Update 12.4 included:

The problem is with connecting to the walls in general so the test is still beyond annoying and very uforgiving. If you turn off "hold x to wallrun" you can not extend your vertically wall run with crouch as easily as with that option on. With it on I can climb straight up to the roof of the dojo without any problem. WIth it off you just climb a little way up and then slide slowly down.

Using the Ignis, Acrobat and Marathon makes hitting the orbs no problem but when jumping of walls and trying to connect to another you often just fall straight down without connecting to the next wall. If you are lucky to connect to the vertical wall you end up not climbing high enough and the resulting backwards jump does therefore not connect to the platform.

Connecting from a wallrun into a opposite side wallrun is even more troublesome. You mostly end up free falling to your death. I have found several good practice spots in missions and have manage to do the wallrun and connecting to a vertical wall every time without a hitch. Still trying to do the same in the Mastery Rank test just seems to not be happening.

I suspect I will be rank 9 or 10 before I get to pass this cursed test.

Pass this test the easy way: Zephyr.

Rank Zephyr up, max Tail Wind, get a decent amount of Power Duration, like maxed Continuity/Constitution as you don't really need Narrow Minded, of course the more the better.

Stand on platform, shoot balls until you get to the first wall run platform, Tail Wind, float down to platform above you. Do this three times and you've passed, no parkour required at all.

Plus, this doesn't feel like 'cheating' to me, this Mastery Test is designed to test your agility and Tail Wind is pretty darn agile in my honest opinion!

Oh, for those of you who don't have or can't make Zephyr, which is a lot of people, as six-hundred Oxium is an obscene amount, Excalibur's Super Jump with maxed Super Jump and Power Strength will work just as fine too, plus he is a lot easier to make. I failed this test once, Zephyr/Excalibur makes it a non-event.

• 1 month later...