Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Install The Game Using Warframe.msi

Kethus

To test a bug I was told to completely remove my steam version of Warframe and install it from the website. At first I installed it, then I remembered I didn't delete the files in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe. Turned out the regular version can't run without that folder so I had to install it again. When this folder doesn't exist warframe.msi closes after few seconds and the game doesn't install. If I install Warframe from Steam again and delete the content in the Steam folder only I can install it using warframe.msi again. How can I cleanly install Warframe from the website?

Edited by Kethus

• 2 months later...

Got it.

If you have it installed on Steam; delete your steam local content via steam itself.

Go to your user/appdata, delete it (should be in Local)

run the registry editor, you will find your broken registry keys that are preventing you from installing it at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Software

Digital Extremes

Just delete the entire Digital Extremes folder (DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE, OR THE "Software" FOLDER)

now run the .msi (I did it via admin command prompt; "CD [directory]" to change directories, once your to where you saved your installer, "start Warframe.msi").

If this helped you, go bump my thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176874-prime-weapons-with-regular-skins/

Edited by zelklen