Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Idea: Corpus Super Heavy Proxy

6079Smith

So, me and my clanmates were talking about and ways to improve the Raptor, and one of them mention that it should be able to transform into a ground form.

After some Metal Gear-related banter, we managed to cook up an entirely new boss idea. Here's how it goes;

The Basic Idea:

This Corpus Proxy is capable of switching between a Flight Mode and a Ground Mode, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Simply put, Flight Mode improves mobility at the cost of offense and durability (because it has to route energy to whatever gets it airborne, thus it has to make compromises to weapons and shields) and vice versa. So becomes a question of whether to attack an agile target that can't take a hit, or risk it landing and bulking up.

Design:

This Proxy (which I'll be naming Zeke) essentially resembles a giant, heavily-armored Fusion MOA fused (no pun intended) to its Fusion Drone. The wings are permanently outstretched as there are weapons attached to it (See Weapon Specifics) and to keep his thrusters on standby. Additionally his feet should also have thrusters on them and his legs should fold into him when he decides to go airborne.

Zeke's design is predatory in nature; his head is more dinosaur-like (complete with sharp teeth!) and he emits a deep roar instead of the high-pitched "chirping" of the MOA. His standing posture is hunched to give him a more primal feel (and as a result of heavy weaponry). Even his thrusters have a more menacing sound to them (hey, because they're BIG thrusters).

In hindsight, Zeke's essentially a Metal Gear RAY designed by the Corpus and with the tail swapped out for flight systems.

Weapon Specifics:

Zeke has a massive arsenal; A supra turret mounted on each wing, missile pods that launch a salvo of "dumb" missiles to bombard an area and an upgraded flux laser for precision destruction.

And that's just Zeke's Flight Mode.

When Zeke decides to land (either due to him spotting his targets or overheating his thrusters), not only does he generate a massive shockwave upon landing, he's now able to route more power to his weapons and shields. Among other things, he can now use his leg-mounted supra turrets (one on each leg) for more firepower and the missile pods' tracking systems go online, allowing him to blow up pesky Tenno with more accuracy. Even getting too close is a problem, as Zeke might just stomp on you (for heavy damage). 

The real threat is his flux laser, which is now a flux cannon (larger AoE and damage). Though it takes some time to charge the damage is massive, heavily damaging Tenno caught in its line of fire. The only saving grace is that he has to brace himself to use it effectively, making him a sitting duck (albeit one with a laser-spewing mouth).

When Tenno manage to evade his line of sight (or when his thrusters have cooled), that's when Zeke enters Flight Mode. Most of his heavy weaponry goes offline and his shields weaken as he prepares his thrusters. While you can attack him, getting too close may result in the exhaust knocking you down, leaving you vulnerable to his attacks.

Other Ideas:

The following suggestions are optional and could use more tweaking.

Zeke does not fight alone. He is aided by crewmen acting as spotters so he spends less time in the air. Players can opt to flush out these spotters and make it harder for Zeke to find you.

His smaller weaponry could be destroyed separately, but it comes with risks. For example, Zeke might be able to give more power to his shields.

Special Thanks:

Thanks go to Aexodus and Ditsydoo for helping me build up on this idea, and MANY thanks go to Kojima Productions for creating the Metal Gear Series (which is what started this idea in the first place).

And thank you for sparing some time to look at my idea. Any opinions and critique is encouraged.

I like how everyone thinks the Corpus should have animal-based robots when they could have something cool like the Transformers.

Neverthless, I think your idea sounds nice. Tough I'd like a DEATH LASEEERRZZZ on this one. His "Flux Rifle" isn't big enough!

I like how everyone thinks the Corpus should have animal-based robots when they could have something cool like the Transformers.

Neverthless, I think your idea sounds nice. Tough I'd like a DEATH LASEEERRZZZ on this one. His "Flux Rifle" isn't big enough!

It's a BIG Flux Rifle, does that count?

Well most of the corpus bots are named after animals already, and latin-ish names for things like the supra (above) or corpus (a body of something). I would love to see corpus getting some love after all the grineer updates giving them cool bosses. Raptor himself is just meh in his current form like hes lacking something from making him epic.