Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnum Force Is Quite Not Worth It

Genoscythe

It's not simply too weak, and easily replaced by other damage mods, that don't have drawbacks on top of adding more damage... It also costs a whooping 14 pts to equip when maxed.

That 14pt cost alone is enough to turn me away from 66% damage. Even if there was no accuracy reduction.

The mod is severely flawed in more then one way. Whoever is responsible for this did an incredibly lazy job at it IMO.

It's at the same level as those 15% status chance mods. "Wow! a mod that will make my 10% base proc chance go to 11.5% for 9 whole points? AMAZING!" That mod's a joke even on the Tysis. 7.5% increase over a base 50%...

Edited by Eruend

Just having Magnum Force half way level up makes my Acrid into a shotgun. It isn't good because then I'll just hit the enemy once with it rather than 3 times. This goes for all other single shot weapons that I use multishot in.

It is just not worth it.

Actually, this can be used in advantageous ways, just in limited circumstances. Put it onto Vipers and all of a sudden, you've got a gun that will mow down corridors instantly thanks to the added spread. Turning minuses to a plus and all. The downside's only a down-side to it because the base payoff is so low, with an equip cost that's just too high.