The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elusive Mods

iBrigandi

I don't mind. (I already had Hammershot and Blaze, though.)

These two mods, which are some of the rarest mods in the game, are very important for gameplay. Hammer Shot being the only real way to meaningfully increase proc chance other than the Cicero Event mod, and Blaze having that +damage component, which makes it almost compulsory for shotguns.

Mods that are as useful to gameplay as these should NOT be locked behind RNG walls.

This is awesome except I got them already.  Would like to see contagious spread and fever strike (I also got them already) added as well.  They are uncommon right?  Certainly they were rated correctly so adding uncommon loot shouldn't be game breaking.  Not to mention they are essential for element combos.

Eh... I think we already have a considerable batch of "hard to get" mods.

Adding even more "hard to get" stuff is not fun, under my definition of fun. It would just be more and more grind except for the plat-rich people getting it easy at trading.

If it comes down to variety i would vote for more tiles/tilesets and more skin variations.

I don't believe in half-assing a system like this just to arbitrarily have +1 bullet point on the back of a game box like LOL WE GOTZ MODS. If we're going to bother to have mods and have to run around picking them up, they should create gameplay. 

A) Easy

No reason to drop mods if we're going to make them all super easy to get. Just start people with a full collection or give it away for completing parts of the star map, specific missions, specific missions on nightmare mode, killing certain bosses or passing rank tests and just have cores drop in missions instead of mods. I would be totally fine with that, as right now it seems like new players get to Venus or Earth and then start getting taxi'd around to choice nodes and alerts, judging by recruiting chat spam. Maybe only give the mod rewards if they actually have the node connected all the way back to Mercury, so they can't just cherry pick the ones they want.

B) RNG

Add more rare mods to the existing rare enemies, but with a mechanic to increase drop rate. Codex scan = +X% drops. Melee kill with some special combo from melee 2.0 = +X% drops. Stealth kill = +X% drops. Etc. etc.

We have Nekros for farming lots of bodies, but we could use a frame with a single target drop increase. I love the mechanic of Parrrley from LoL. A medium-low damage attack (#1 skill for a warframe) with just a little utility, that rewards the user if it's used to finish off a mob. Low levels this is pretty easy since you one shot them, but as you go up towards end-game you will need to watch HP and maybe gear yourself towards primary HP rather than secondary HP types (+Shields weapon, but bad vs robot), creating more build diversity as well as gameplay.

C) Difficulty Appropriate

Add difficult and solo-only (or maybe group but conclave rating limited?) missions/keys similar to Rank tests, which are 100% to reward some specific non-tradable mod. Total difficulty scales to reward quality. Maybe one requires you to fight low enemies, but also has a very low conclave rating limit, putting new and old players on similar, if not equal, footing.

Edited by VKhaun

My problem with mods is going to do nightmare missions the whole day (bear in mind I mean some 6 to 8 hours of trying at a rate of 3 to 5 minutes per mission tops) and still not get the one mod I got after 3 days of doing this... Similarly the corrupted mods are the same although it taes more time per mission and I haven't obviously done as much but hey, still not the one I want. So yeah DE, fix your RNG cause it sucks!

I also have a gripe with such things as sepecial mods that only a few people can have. Mainly I'm talking of primed chamber of course. I find it rather unfair that only a few players have the possibillity of having such really good mods and I'm fairly sure that most other people would back me up on this. Putting more power into the hands of specific players makes no sense, everyone should have the same right to have all the mods that exist in the game.