Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Had An Idea For A New Frame! Unfortunately, I'm Not On The Design Council.

Blast_Hardcheese

I'm going to get so much flak or total disinterest for this...

Dhampyr

Abilities:

1. Minion (aka Renfield)

"I need lives! I need lives for the master!"

Dhampyr dominates the mind of a single enemy, binding them into his eternal service (until the end of the mission). They will doggedly follow Dhampyr as a bodyguard. The minion's hitpoints are doubled, and every kill they participate in will heal back a small portion of their hitpoints. Higher levels increase the amount of regained hitpoints the minion receives per kill.

"They're perfectly nutritious. You see, each life that I ingest gives back life to me."

However, if Dhampyr should try to dominate the mind of a second enemy, he loses his grip on the previous minion. This release from mental bondage by the Dhampyr will cause his former minion to go berserk and attack him until he or the minion is killed.

This ability has no effect on machinery like Rollers and robotics like Moas, nor can the Dhampyr dominate the powerful wills of boss opponents.

2. Immunity

Dhampyr can call upon his dark powers to grant (for a brief period of time) himself and all of his allies complete immunity to status effects for 20 seconds, including Grineer heavy gunner and Shockwave Moa knockdowns, Infested Ancient Disruptor energy drains, and all boss status affect abilities like Lech Kril's freeze and Phorid's roar. Unlike Iron Skin, this affects the entire team, is duration-based, and does not affect incoming damage. Higher levels increase immunity duration.

3. Rise again

The Dhampyr can instantly instantly revive a single teammate who is bleeding out (not yet dead) from 10 meters away, and raising them grants them a 3 second invulnerability to damage. Higher levels increases the distance and invulnerability duration.

4. Drain

The ultimate power of the Dhampyr is to replenish his life essence by draining foes around him. The drain cycle will reduce the health bars of a group of targets around the Dhampyr by 20%, while replenishing the Dhampyr's health equal to the total hitpoints drained from his foes. Excess hitpoints gained over the Dhampyr's maximum are wasted. Like the Oberon's Renewal, this drain is duration-based. Targets can still move and perform attacks as normal over the duration of the drain. Drain duration time decreases with higher levels, while hitpoint percentage drained from targets increases (to a maximum of 50%, and further boosted by Focus and Blind Rage, capped at 90%). Ability range (and thus targets covered) is increased by Stretch. Drain will only work once per target and multiple Dhampyrs cannot drain the same target.

Killing a target before the end of the drain cycle will cut off the potential hitpoints gained from the drain. Also, Drain will not affect machinery or robotics, and will only reduce a Boss's hitpoints by 25% at the ability's max level. Any bosses that can become temporarily invulnerable (like Vor) or start out as invulnerable (like Lech Kril) will not be affected by Drain until they become vulnerable to normal damage. Drain will only heal the Dhampyr, and not his teammates.

Edited by Blast_Hardcheese

I hope this link will enlighten you.

Also, we do nothing but vote on upcoming features. There are no sub-forums within the Design Council we can post in. They throw ideas and possibilities at us, and we vote on our opinion and stuff, and it goes from there. To be honest, we don't hear about a lot of stuff until it shows up in a livestream or if it goes right into the game.

EDIT: A life steal skill would be a very cool thing to have.

Edited by Zachles

The only thing I see wrong with this is the final ability being able to at max level drain 50% health, there should be a cap at around 85-95% to prevent it from being an infinite OHKO to anything that cant turn invincible, other than that though it seems like a pretty reasonable frame, though some might think the minion ability is too similar to mind control

The only thing I see wrong with this is the final ability being able to at max level drain 50% health, there should be a cap at around 85-95% to prevent it from being an infinite OHKO to anything that cant turn invincible, other than that though it seems like a pretty reasonable frame, though some might think the minion ability is too similar to mind control

I was wondering about that too. I imagine that it couldn't drain more than 90% of a target's health. That's why I also made it so that it only works once per target and doesn't work with multiple Dhampyr's casting it. Cause then four guys could kill a boss by each casting Drain once. I edited the first post to reflect that change.

Also there are quite a few frame abilities that overlap:

Slash Dash vs Rhino Charge

Invisibility vs Smoke Screen

Teleport vs Switch Teleport

Crush vs Reckoning

Unlike Mind Control, Minion would let you keep the follower permanently for the mission until you choose another minion. Then the previous minion tries to kill you and would keep its doubled hitpoints and life drain attacks which it would use on you. Also, Mind Control affects robotics, Minion would not.

Edited by Blast_Hardcheese

I really like the idea of the first ability.

I think there are a lot of concepts they need to add with a new frame rather than relying on past frames as a template.

( case in point Excalibur's Slash Dash vs Rhino Charge )

There should be a fresh set of abilities and frames that are mechanically diverse and not just aesthetics alone.  Don't get me wrong.. I've been with this since closed beta "faithfully" and DE has made some awesome strides to get us playing an awesome game.  The latest warframe ( Oberon ) is a step in the right direction I just hope we see more diversity.

Since DE has come out saying there are civilians within this Tenno universe its safe to say they're NOT JUST space ninjas popping out of the handy dandy AC units to fight evil throughout the solar system....  but also Tenno and supportive grunts who are geared for front-line assaults that do all the dirty work and that perhaps requires abilities like those listed above to aid Tenno finding themselves in the trenches.  (Obi Wan Kenobi serving as a general during the clone wars comes to mind)

- I digress

I want to see hard chargers in Warframe and this sounds like one!

Good Post!!!

Edited by N3CT4R

No. Minion is a stronger version of Mind Control. Immunity is a stronger version of Blessing. Drain can kill bosses like a boss. Rise again, really? Just get a Shade and walk 10 meters.

You may be right about Mind Control. I suppose the idea could use a rework.

Immunity is nothing like Blessing. Immunity provides immunity to knockdowns, energy drains and other status effects from enemies for a short time. It does not reduce incoming damage, nor does it heal or regen shields.

Drain works only once on a boss and hits for a max of 25% of their hitpoints when maxed out. It could only be used once and more than one frame using it against the same boss would have no effect.

Not everyone uses a Shade. By your logic, nobody should use an Acrid because they can get the Djinn with its stinger.

I'm starting to think you didn't even read before you said "No".