The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Did A Recent Hotfix Ruin Your Performance?

Phantasmo

Is it just me or do you guys suffer from this too? Warframe used to run fine but I've been experiencing performance issues since a recent hotfix, I don't know  which one screwed it.

My rig: 3770k, GTX680, 16GB RAM, SSD drive. It should run this game just fine even at 2560x1440 (which is the case).

Are there any performance tweaks you can suggest? It used to run OK with max settings, but it won't anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Phantasmo

I'm playing with my I3 Core laptop with 4GB Ram and an integrated Intel HD Graphics card. That said I'm playing this game on near-medium settings and it's smooth going.

Lag rates are entirely based on your host. For testing I suggest running a mission on solo and see if the problem still occurs.

Edited by un1337ninj4

No, not really.

Do you get better performance with lowered settings?

Did you check background processes?

When was the last time you took a toothbrush and cleaned your fans?

Have you tried different drivers?

Etc..

Lowered settings didn't help that much.

No new processes. In fact, nothing new installed since I installed Warframe.

I'm running a fully water cooled rig, temps are  not a problem and I check radiators, fans and tubing every day.

Just installed new drivers and it didn't help.

I'm playing with my I3 Core laptop with 4GB Ram and an integrated Intel HD Graphics card. That said I'm playing this game on near-medium settings and it's smooth going.

Lag rates are entirely based on your host. For testing I suggest running a mission on solo and see if the problem still occurs.

Playing solo didn't help either.

I'm not talking about lag, I'm talking about frame rate.

It used to run just fine, then something happened and ever since performance has gone to s*@[

not trying to pass this off as hardware, just for the record. so bare with my ADD while i start from 1 :P

intel chips, comparatively, have a poorer fsb, to say the least. many intel "k" cores will have like a 97 mhz fsb with a super high multiplier, say 31 ish... to total ur 3ghz ish "clock" whereas my amd is clocked at 240 fsb with a multiplier set at 20 (960T black edition amd phenom2 4-core) for a total clock at 4.8ghz.. custom built semi-water cooled system for efficiency. temps never go over 35C for cpu at max load.

(Front Side Bus, for those that don't know, is basically cycle speed - so just because ur XYZ cpu / brand might be clocked at 5ghz, higher than my 4.8, it will perform worse because it's base cycle speed is so much lower.)

that being said, i'd just check to see ur FSB and HT speed to see if they're decent. otherwise i would adjust clock settings to bring up the FSB / HT and lower the multiplier. this gives about the same clock, but increases performance due to having a better cyclical rate.

other than that, i'd recommend not alt+tabbing out of the game, as that does create framerate jitter.

also, just a suggestion, turn down the little things, like shadows and reflections, or off entirely. yes, they're nice features and pretty to look at, but add nothing to gameplay, or noticability DURING gameplay, and reduce the gpu's loadshare.

also, u have plenty of ram, so data share between the gpu and other hardware shouldn't be an issue, as we all know that more gpu ram sucks up more system ram to share / move data ("datashare")

the GTX is an nvidia card, so i'd ask at this point if nvidia physx is enabled or disabled within the game?

also check to see if dx11 is enabled or disabled.

there is also the multi-thread rendering, again is it on or off?

after all that, i'd check to see if the game was, by any odd chance, changed from fullscreen to maybe maximized windowed mode, or similar. this can also affect framerate as the gpu is then processing the game, then it has to re-render it to fit an unusual resolution, while still processing the desktop / other prog's..

this might be more affecting on frame rate than cpu clock/fsb, but bottle necks are bottle necks, and can happen anywhere.

side thought, what is the CAS latency of ur ram, and can it be adjusted from ur bios?

9-9-9-24 is slower than 7-7-7-20, so even if u can bring it down to 8-8-8-21, it will perform a little better... CAS latency is the amount of time, or clocks or cycles, that the ram actually waits before making it's data available to the system. so slow ram / high latency rating can slow down even the fastest "cpu's" because the system is now hanging, and waiting, for data retrieval from the ram.

also, when ur fps drops, is it when a large number of mobs die, or there's extra particle physics going on - like nova over priming multiple times across an entire map before the first mob is killed?

this can still cause fps drops, since even though the mob didn't die on screen, it is still being processed by the gpu. in case u spin around really fast, it's not just gone, but all the little pretty effects are still there from his explosion and decomposition, etc.

Lower settings didnt help?

Then i'm inclined to say your problem isn't warframe related.

Also try:

Virus/maleware scan

Replace your mouse (this sounds weird, i know. I had the same problem as you, but in a different game. I replaced my mouse, and the problem was gone).

Perhaps your harddrive is full

Check to see if your memory/hd has errors

so bare with my ADD

ADD high five!

Edited by Tenn00b

not trying to pass this off as hardware, just for the record. so bare with my ADD while i start from 1 :P

intel chips, comparatively, have a poorer fsb, to say the least. many intel "k" cores will have like a 97 mhz fsb with a super high multiplier, say 31 ish... to total ur 3ghz ish "clock" whereas my amd is clocked at 240 fsb with a multiplier set at 20 (960T black edition amd phenom2 4-core) for a total clock at 4.8ghz.. custom built semi-water cooled system for efficiency. temps never go over 35C for cpu at max load.

(Front Side Bus, for those that don't know, is basically cycle speed - so just because ur XYZ cpu / brand might be clocked at 5ghz, higher than my 4.8, it will perform worse because it's base cycle speed is so much lower.)

that being said, i'd just check to see ur FSB and HT speed to see if they're decent. otherwise i would adjust clock settings to bring up the FSB / HT and lower the multiplier. this gives about the same clock, but increases performance due to having a better cyclical rate.

other than that, i'd recommend not alt+tabbing out of the game, as that does create framerate jitter.

also, just a suggestion, turn down the little things, like shadows and reflections, or off entirely. yes, they're nice features and pretty to look at, but add nothing to gameplay, or noticability DURING gameplay, and reduce the gpu's loadshare.

also, u have plenty of ram, so data share between the gpu and other hardware shouldn't be an issue, as we all know that more gpu ram sucks up more system ram to share / move data ("datashare")

the GTX is an nvidia card, so i'd ask at this point if nvidia physx is enabled or disabled within the game?

also check to see if dx11 is enabled or disabled.

there is also the multi-thread rendering, again is it on or off?

after all that, i'd check to see if the game was, by any odd chance, changed from fullscreen to maybe maximized windowed mode, or similar. this can also affect framerate as the gpu is then processing the game, then it has to re-render it to fit an unusual resolution, while still processing the desktop / other prog's..

this might be more affecting on frame rate than cpu clock/fsb, but bottle necks are bottle necks, and can happen anywhere.

side thought, what is the CAS latency of ur ram, and can it be adjusted from ur bios?

9-9-9-24 is slower than 7-7-7-20, so even if u can bring it down to 8-8-8-21, it will perform a little better... CAS latency is the amount of time, or clocks or cycles, that the ram actually waits before making it's data available to the system. so slow ram / high latency rating can slow down even the fastest "cpu's" because the system is now hanging, and waiting, for data retrieval from the ram.

also, when ur fps drops, is it when a large number of mobs die, or there's extra particle physics going on - like nova over priming multiple times across an entire map before the first mob is killed?

this can still cause fps drops, since even though the mob didn't die on screen, it is still being processed by the gpu. in case u spin around really fast, it's not just gone, but all the little pretty effects are still there from his explosion and decomposition, etc.

Thanks for taking your time writing this but I'm afraid you didn't get the topic.

This is not a "how can I improve performance" thread.

I've been playing Warfrime for two months and three weeks give or take. This computer ran Warframe just fine with a very high fps rate since day one and did so for almost two months, but all of a sudden, two or three weeks ago performance simply dropped by 20 fps or so. Nothing was changed on my side, no other software installed, and in fact no other program has been run since this is my gaming machine and I haven't played any other game since I took Warframe.

I think it was right after a patch, but I can't say which one. So I was asking if this happened to more people or if it was just me.

By the way, my CPU does not use an FSB, that techology was ditched a few years ago in favor of DMI (my case) and QPI :-)

And since we are at it. It is not the clock speed what defines performance. Performance per cicle is. A 2.7GHz i7 will blow a say E8500 @ 3GHz since performance per clock is way higher.

Computer performance is not about how many steps can you run per second but how much weight can you carry per step.

Good to see a fellow overclocker here though. Cheers.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Phantasmo

i completely understood the point of the thread. the initial point i was making on the cpu point was to check FSB and HT, cycling, etc etc, should your cpu have that. i am aware that intel drumped the FSB cycling, etc.. as far as OC'ing your specific, idk intels too well, so idk it's capacity, and oc rate, nor it's "weight per step", so i suggested checking the fsb / ht rates to see how they stack up in relation to overall cpu clock (or that 3ghz, or the 4.8 i mentioned mine is at)..  i did say i have ADD :P so when i tried to make one point on cycle clocks, that lead to another, further off topic, then another, further still, etc..

regardless, i've been playing since beta, and which btw, this "the game is still beta" bs needs to stop imo. there are people still playing that have been longer than i. I've been in roughly a year now, and to my experience, there have been no patches that have killed my performance in the way u described.

there is also the case of fps jitter caused by alt+tabbing in and out of the game, although that could be on my end, what with running a GTX card, and an oooold school 7300 GS (secondary monitor so i can play vids - doing so on my primary card with a game running kills buffer and frame rate of the vids) as nvidia doesn't necessarily support this properly, or at least, it's not easy to do and i missed it somewhere (plausible)

also, side note, my mobo supports amd ati catalyst / crossfire... not nvidia's sli tech.. so there could also be a justifiable cause to my display jitter from alt tabbing AND the subsequent framerate and buffer drop in videos on the secondary monitor while gaming..

anyway, i did suggest checking dx11, multi-thread rendering, and nvida physx (all within the patcher) to see if they are checked or not. it could be possible, although i'm trying not to jump to any conclusions, that you may have turned on multi-thread rendering when the option came out and either saw little to no performance boost, or actually DID see said boost, but forgot about that, and the following patch, or 1 or 2 afterwards, an adjustment was made to it, causing subsequent changes in performance on your end, as per your hardware. again, this is likely not the case, but worth a 10 minute test session.... turn on/off (opposite of it's current setting, and restart game) - same with dx11 and physx.

also, i suggested checking to ensure the game is indeed in fullscreen mode, vs maximized window, or something silly like that.

every little thing is worth a check, i can't discount or argue hardware, as a decent rig is a decent rig, doesn't matter of make, model, brand, clock, yada yada yada, a 3ghz+ cpu shouldn't create bottle necks, however, anyone (with proper know how) could OC an old intel single core pentium 4 from 1.5 to 3ghz on liquid nitrogen, but that doesn't mean it's "weight per step" will equal squat.

my first theory would suggest a bottleneck SOMEWHERE, although it could very well be a simple graphical setting, like vsync, when your graphics card, whether it's an nvidia board, or gigabyte, etc, might not like having vsync on...

double check every little thing, as i said, there's some kind of bottle neck somewhere, it's just a matter of finding where and why.

I actually deleted all my temp files and it has solved the problem. not sure if it will for everyone else but it did for me. type %temp% in your search and delete them. hope this helped.

Worked for about an hour and then it started to skip again. fix this please.

Edited by Dippopotamus

I have been having issues with this game Since 11.6. Re-installed my OS, and redid everything bios wise and nothing helped its something with rendering engine since 11.6 for me so its really annoying 

PC Specs- 

CPU - AMD FX 9590 6.2GHZ 8-core 

CPU COOLER - NZXT Kraken X60 RL-KRX60-01 280mm Ultra 

Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX 

Graphics Card(SLI) - ASUS GTX690-4GD5 GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 

Memory - CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 

SSD - Intel SSD DC S3500 Series SSDSC2BB600G401 2.5" 600GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 

HDD - 3x Western Digital WD Black WD4001FAEX 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB 

Sound Card - ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz 

Surround System -Logitech Z506 75 watts RMS 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers 

Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 1200W Modular Power Supply 

Case - AZZA Hurrican 2000R SAZ-2000R Black 

I have the same problem with fps. I went from being at 50-60 fps to 15-35. I tried lowering my setting and now stay with20-35 range. A couple of my clan member are also experiencing the same problems. I know its not due to low graphics because i run amd10 and my friend is running off of alien ware. I agree with the other person said earlier around update 11.5 we started experiencing problems