Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The random teleportation

Scyfle

Seriously, what is with the random teleportation the chracter does?

I am a Loki, but I don't have the teleportation skill yet.

This was also mentioned in Kreiss's Warframe review.

I am shooting a bunch Grineers when suddenly my character gets a yellow/orange glow and pops up to the other side of the room!

Can you explain why that happens?

• 2 months later...

They need to remove this, Its no less than frustrating to have your strategies spoiled, And your shield gone in a flash simply because of a very overpowered and unreasonable ability that someone thought cool to implement into the game. Furthermore, These commanders appears to only spawn in lower leveled missions, Making it a very terrible annoyance for a fresh newbie to be beamed into the heat of the battle, Probaly entirely confused why his Warframe just decided to go suicidal on him. :/

You learn to adapt. Once you get ported for a first time in a level you know - Commanders are here and you need to plan accordingly.

They are not "grunt" units, they are relatively rare though not counted as "heavy" units as far as warnings go.

If you think Commanders are annoying, just wait for your first Seekers and Rollers.

They need to remove this, Its no less than frustrating to have your strategies spoiled, And your shield gone in a flash simply because of a very overpowered and unreasonable ability that someone thought cool to implement into the game. Furthermore, These commanders appears to only spawn in lower leveled missions, Making it a very terrible annoyance for a fresh newbie to be beamed into the heat of the battle, Probaly entirely confused why his Warframe just decided to go suicidal on him. :/

How dares a game challenge you with an ability that you can use as well! Also, how dares your enemy use an ability that diminishes or removes your advantages, as he should in combat.

Again, it is a surprise the first few times and is hardly the most annoying/hard unit the Grineer will throw at you. Or the Infected for that matter. Or the Corpus.

If an enemy has the capability to ruin your strategy, your strategy needs to compensate for that ability. There is plenty of ways of at the least running for cover in wherever the Commander ports you to.

Edited by JamnikPucek

My understanding of the Commanders' ability was that they could swap places with you, rather than just reaching out and bringing you to them. My advice would be as soon as you get 'ported, look around for cover, and take a second or two to plan.

Once you get a little more used to it happening, you'll learn to take a quick look around when you 'land', and then just blast away at whomever is nearest to you.