Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Shield Capacity Mods?

ectoplex

I have been playing this game pretty much all day today and, overall, I am enjoying Update 7 and the new mod system (even though the credit cost to upgrade a mod is so extortionate, and the stats that should be level based have now been made dependable on sheer luck and droprate, but I digress) There is one big thing that is really frustrating me - the lack of Shield Capacity Mods.

I have found pretty much every other freaking mod in the game, yet I still haven't found even a SINGLE Shield Capacity Mod. I have played numerous Defense Missions, getting 8-10 mods per match and still no luck. It's hilarious because the Shield Capacity mod itself is classed as a common mod yet I have found around 10 multishot mods which are listed as rare, but not one shield capacity mod. I have tried many missions on each of the planets I can realistically try with a basic 100 capacity shield numerous times to no avail.

It's frustrating how such a small thing can hinder progression so dramatically - all because the drop rate is clearly way too low. I think this is a big concern, especially for the new players who have just started playing this game, i feel if it were not for my maxed out, supercharged lvl 30 HEK I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have and my patience would be non-existant by now.

Furthermore, the lack of shield mods is annoying because I feel very confident with my weapons and powers in this new upgrade system, but my shield is still default capacity and no amount of Multi-shot mods can change that.

So I beg you DE, please fix this - Our shield is such an integral piece of equipment, progressing through the higher levels of this game is literally dependant on having a high shield capacity.

Also, has anybody found any Health increase mods?

Edited by xhris

I'm still not sure if mods have different drop rates on different missions/planets, but currently my experience implies it. For example, I've gotten several multishot mods on Mercury but none on Venus - Kiliken even though I've spent a lot more time on Kiliken.

If mods are more likely in some places than others, you might want to try farming Mercury - Tolstoj. I know Redirection (shield capacity) mods can drop there; I just got one an hour or so ago. And as an added bonus, you get a Cronus blueprint every run that you can sell for 2500 credits. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping track when I got my first one so I don't know where it dropped.

H

Wow the shield mod is only 30%. That is extremelty low considering the health mod is 100%. And prior shield mods were larger then health mods. Guess it's reverse now. Huge nerf to low armour warframes.

There are good armor mods as well.

Wow the shield mod is only 30%. That is extremelty low considering the health mod is 100%. And prior shield mods were larger then health mods. Guess it's reverse now. Huge nerf to low armour warframes.

Health is 50%, not 100%, and shield is 40%, not 30%. And each can be ranked up 10 times, for totals of 550% and 440% (although it will take tremendous amounts of mods fused to get them that high). At least, that's what my mods are showing right now.

Percentage upgrades instead of flat do suck for lower health/armor frames though. But then, they do make for more meaningful differences between the frames. I'm not convinced the lighter frames have enough advantages to make up for the survivability difference though.

WTB droprate increase.

I've gotten Vitality (health mod) several times as the wave 5 and wave 10 reward at Venus - Kiliken. Gonna farm Mercury - Tolstoj a bit for Redirection (shield mod) and see how it goes.

Edited by Toastradamus

Health is 50%, not 100%, and shield is 40%, not 30%. And each can be ranked up 10 times, for totals of 550% and 440% (although it will take tremendous amounts of mods fused to get them that high). At least, that's what my mods are showing right now.

Percentage upgrades instead of flat do suck for lower health/armor frames though. But then, they do make for more meaningful differences between the frames. I'm not convinced the lighter frames have enough advantages to make up for the survivability difference though.

You must not have met Ash. You should be introduced. His beefed up smoke screen amplifies is melee and I just teleport on a friend when things get to dicey. But now bullet deflection is helping him compensate for low shields. That and my 120% shield capacity mod.

Oh your right i totally forgot I had upgraded the health mod once. So yea 50% not 100%. Not that bad then.

I've gotten Vitality (health mod) several times as the wave 5 and wave 10 reward at Venus - Kiliken. Gonna farm Mercury - Tolstoj a bit for Redirection (shield mod) and see how it goes.

Well yeah, I've been doing the same. Just got done doing two Defense missions, both getting to wave 15, only to get pistol max ammo capacity.

And Tolstoj gives me generally nothing but rares.

You must not have met Ash. You should be introduced. His beefed up smoke screen amplifies is melee and I just teleport on a friend when things get to dicey. But now bullet deflection is helping him compensate for low shields. That and my 120% shield capacity mod.

Good to hear you're doing well with Ash! I probably didn't express myself well; I meant to say that I am undecided about survivability for lower armor/health/shield frames with the new mods, not that I think they are underpowered. I've been leveling a baby Rhino most of the time since the patch so I don't have a feel for the other frames, although for the little I played Nyx she handled the lowish stuff well. And no, I haven't tried Ash yet. Have the blueprints, but keep spending my rubedo on other frames. Figured Loki was sort of close enough.

Well yeah, I've been doing the same. Just got done doing two Defense missions, both getting to wave 15, only to get pistol max ammo capacity.

And Tolstoj gives me generally nothing but rares.

On Kiliken I was always worried the host would leave and I would lose all the mods I'd gotten in the host migration so for the most part I've been leaving on wave 5 or 10. You miss out on the larger mod drop numbers in the higher waves (I got 20 mods the time I stayed until we failed at wave 22), but you get more shots at the low level rewards that way. And since Vitality is common, I suspect it comes up as a reward more often (possibly only?) in the early stages.

Hopefully my Tolstoj farming will go better than yours... I might switch to one of the other Mercury missions if I don't get a Redirection in the first few runs.

Edited by Toastradamus