Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Grind Necessary! Balance Ruined

Story4

So this is just my own oppinion, but i believe that the balance is completely ruined. I was just playing with Ember (who at level 14 has more shields and hp than level 30 Loki) and i was literally 1-shot by the boss that drops mag blueprints. Also, i have leveled all abilities to level 2 and i can't even kill a level 15 grineer with fireball and at level 20 it barely takes half their hp, not to mention corpus which are almost impervious to fire damage.

Same with Loki, the decoy barely stays alive enough for me to do some damage and since no one gets hp/shields per level they are all pretty weak. Even a weak boss like jackal is very hard to defeat because he can take down alot of the team immediately because they are all so weak.

It almost feels like the devs wanted to make the sentinels necessary so that we have to buy them. And if you want to craft it good luck getting a control module from hyena, we were 4 guys and we didn't even get it's shields down. I have about 50 hours of playtime atm and even though i don't think that i should be able to defeat a level 50 single-handedly, at least a boss like jackal with 4 team-mates should be a breeze! And one like Hyena should be a challenge, but not so impossible since it is also the only one who can give you a control module!

I just feel like the game makes you grind too much for a minimum gain, which is why i don't think it's worth that much of an investment anymore. Before the Update i had fun, was good on some maps failed on others but i was enjoying myself, with this update it all feels so boring like your just playing so you can get just a little bit better instead of actually, you know, getting better.

Edited by Story4

So this is just my own oppinion, but i believe that the balance is completely ruined. I was just playing with Ember (who at level 14 has more shields and hp than level 30 Loki) and i was literally 1-shot by the boss that drops mag blueprints. Also, i have leveled all abilities to level 2 and i can't even kill a level 15 grineer with fireball and at level 20 it barely takes half their hp, not to mention corpus which are almost impervious to fire damage.

Same with Loki, the decoy barely stays alive enough for me to do some damage and since no one gets hp/shields per level they are all pretty weak. Even a weak boss like jackal is very hard to defeat because he can take down alot of the team immediately because they are all so weak.

It almost feels like the devs wanted to make the sentinels necessary so that we have to buy them. And if you want to craft it good luck getting a control module from hyena, we were 4 guys and we didn't even get it's shields down. I have about 50 hours of playtime atm and even though i don't think that i should be able to defeat a level 50 single-handedly, at least a boss like jackal with 4 team-mates should be a breeze! And one like Hyena should be a challenge, but not so impossible since it is also the only one who can give you a control module!

I just feel like the game makes you grind too much for a minimum gain, which is why i don't think it's worth that much of an investment anymore. Before the Update i had fun, was good on some maps failed on others but with this it's just too hard to be fun.

While I agree to an extent, your complaints about the bosses and lower-level Warframes are not strictly true. The first thing I ran when Update 7 hit was Hyena, to craft my Shade Sentinel. The shields are tough, but a team of four players (at this point, none of had a single mod on any piece of equipment) managed to take him down several times to get our control module. These weren't people I know, just randoms. It's possible, just tough - keep the fire on him. If one of you stops to reload, the other players HAVE to keep shooting. Stagger your reloads, and you'll onyl have to tkill the shield once.

While I agree to an extent, your complaints about the bosses and lower-level Warframes are not strictly true. The first thing I ran when Update 7 hit was Hyena, to craft my Shade Sentinel. The shields are tough, but a team of four players (at this point, none of had a single mod on any piece of equipment) managed to take him down several times to get our control module. These weren't people I know, just randoms. It's possible, just tough - keep the fire on him. If one of you stops to reload, the other players HAVE to keep shooting. Stagger your reloads, and you'll onyl have to tkill the shield once.

I dunno, i think i tried once or twice and we failed both times. After that i just got annoyed and didn't try again. And i don't have a problem with lower-level warframes, i have a problem with higher-level ones (Loki having less HP and shields than level 14 Ember).

Edited by Story4

I dunno, i think i tried once or twice and we failed both times. After that i just got annoyed and didn't try again. And i don't have a problem with lower-level warframes, i have a problem with higher-level ones (Loki having less HP and shields than level 14 Ember).

Why? Loki is a trickster who has powers that allow him to avoid or escape damage and danger, alongside higher base speed that lets him quickly reposition, while Ember's powers are all damage orientated and he moves at a normal pace. So Loki relies on his powers for utility and survivability, while Ember has higher shields to balance this? I'm not outright disagreeing with you, just curious as to why you have such an issue with it? Factoring in Decoy and Invisibility, Loki is much more likely to survive an attack than Ember is even at the same level.

Also, it WAS annoying, don't get me wrong. We took forever to kill that damn thing, several times. I'm just pointing out that it is possible, with a little planning.

Guys, I have bad news for you, if you can't kill Hyena with full team +_+

Just did it with my friend, two of us, almost no mods in frames and basic mods in weapons. Hyena takes 3 minutes and 0-1 revives. So polish your skills some more, that game rewards it.

bring a boltor, it's the new bossing rifle with higher accuracy and crit putting gorgon down to 2nd, killed the new boss jackal hyena etc with it.

It pretty much melts all bosses, just aim for headshots and spam, EVEN better if you have a fire rate, you basically just made yourself a machine gun.

Boltors crit now too, making it more viable along with its natural armor pierce abilties.

Boltor is the new OP even better than hek and gorgon.

forgot, it also melts ancients in xini really quick.

Edited by --Sensei--