Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion

Doom_Bunny

After finishing the latest invasion I went to a mission on Earth where the corpus took over mid-game. I love watching the grineer and corpus attack each other then turn to face me only to get a bullet in the head. Though I would like develop this further cause at the moment who ever invades during a mission is sneakier than us because they just appear out of no where.

So I think that DE should have who ever is invading the mission actualy attack the opposing ship. We could have deployment pods come in through the sides of the ship, shaking as the opposing ship fires upon the one you're on, lotus telling you that cryogenics core has been hit or fire has broken out on deck and possibly the core has become unstable and you have to either extract or stabilize the core. All this while you're weaving in and out of battles.

Deployment pods

Single pods containing a squad or a heavy could crash through walls close to the tenno for a surprise attack. For larger amounts of opposing forces there is a tile in invasion missions with a long corridor and multiple pods attached to it this could help to deploy large numbers of the opposing force.

Shaking

The shaking would eventually stop as the opposing force has been wiped out or the ship has been crippled. Once this has stopped you will be left with remnants of both sides still fighting or hiding in some areas. By hiding I mean just the usual standing around or crouched behind cover.

Fire and Cryo

This will just cause the usual shield reduction, fire dmg and stay till the end of the mission.

Unstable core

I'm not confident about the unstable core part as this could terminate the entire mission but It could be fun as a rush mission or an opposite to the sabotage mission.

Developing on this even further we could have more than just exterminate invasions. DE could make invasions a more intense versions of regular missions.

Such as sabotage instead of attacking one core you would be sent from the friendly ship to the opposing ship to disable multiple weapons and or deployment pods/hanger.

In capture missions you would have to get the enemy captain or various officers and return to the friendly ship.

Defense I think could be really fun as incoming pods deploy troops and create a spawn point on the first wave. Instead of defending a pod or some orikin thing we would be defending the ships core.

Planetary invasion

So far all invasions have been on ships but what about the planets. I'm thinking of a scene of rubble, broken buildings and scattered containers (lockers, crates and those big orange ship containers found on corpus planets).

When the opposing force is invading (as in during a mission) I think a rain of enemy pods (contaning either a single heavy or a squad) would look awesome causing craters as they land and grineer/corpus inspired drop ships for a larger deployment of forces. If a pod lands close to you depending on how close you are it can cause shaking or a knock down and dmg to your shields which is increased if you are closer to the pod when it lands.

A defense/capture mission on an invading planet could involve finding and escourting a person that has important intel. Of course there would points at which he/she would go down due to injuries and you would defend that position for a while. It would go on like this until you reach extract. side note: the person carying or shouldering the target would only be able to use their secondary.

Ok I've typed enough so post thoughts and things that could improve/develop this idea and hope you enjoy.

Edited by Postal_pat