The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Infested 2.0

MECT_HET

I dunno why all these people are crying about stunlocks? Stunlock is great idea to force people to avoid infested in cqc. You know what it will mean for you if you will stop so you're just keep running from them.

And your suggestion is good enough, but completely not about reworking an actual infested. If we're talking about increasing their diversity, adding a brand new infested into their forces - yes, please. Otherwise... no. As devs mentioned before there will be some kind of "leader" caring about their own squads, increasing their abilities and strength - yes, this is there you idea could be added. Why don't you go there and suggest?

I'm suggesting some minor improvements, not a major overhaul - something able to increase their potency without a huge rework. Forget about stunlocks, actually there are at least 4 points per each infested. 

Except you're missing a premise, why should we be avoiding Infested in close quarters? They're the only faction melee's remotely viable against at higher levels as-is: to reiterate, the overwhelming majority of melee weapons along with a full-third of the shotguns are slash damage (a damage type resisted by only one member of the entire faction and it's a boss) that's obviously by design; i.e. we're meant to be fighting Infested in close quarters, it's been that way pre-damage 1.0 (what with the slash/serrated blade damage of updates past having a 3x multiplier against infested, a damage type shared by melee weapons and stuff like the range-limited Flux Rifle).

Likewise to reiterate, slapping the controls from the player's hands is the kind of tactic I expect from a five-year old. It's overused in the game already.

Edited by Taranis49

Except you're missing a premise, why should we be avoiding Infested in close quarters? They're the only faction melee's remotely viable against at higher levels as-is: to reiterate, the overwhelming majority of melee weapons along with a full-third of the shotguns are slash damage (a damage type resisted by only one member of the entire faction and it's a boss) that's obviously by design; i.e. we're meant to be fighting Infested in close quarters, it's been that way pre-damage 1.0 (what with the slash/serrated blade damage of updates past having a 3x multiplier against infested, a damage type shared by melee weapons and stuff like the range-limited Flux Rifle).

Likewise to reiterate, slapping the controls from the player's hands is the kind of tactic I expect from a five-year old. It's overused in the game already.

Why should we? Maybe because an entire faction is dam melee faction? They are not that huge in their nimbers to be overwhelming, so what possibly could place them in one row against Corpus/Grineer? The answer is - very strong cqc fighting. Coprus/Grineer is able to pin down a player with their firepower while fighting against infested only requires ability to moving faster than they do - actually you do not even have to run from them, your walking speed is more than enough to kite'em up. 

So we're not meant to be able defeat them in cqc at ease, not by a longshot. I'm able to handle with any corpus/grineer folk with my melee, but to overshoot them - I could use my brains, same song is about infested: there are no actual issue to gun'em down, but if you're going to go melee, you've should be either crazy or VERY sure on yourself. 

So I'm keep suggesting increasing infested's movement speed and their cqc abilities to make player think twice inbefore even start swinging his sword.

Translation: I hate melee

Seriously, this just translates to "Get 4 rhinos with energy siphon perma-iron skinned with gas ignis" mode.

Translation: I've just got not any point from the entire thread.

Seriously, reread the first post again inbefore suggesting some bs just like you did about 4 rhinos. 

These sound like pretty good ideas for miniboss-type enemies or rare encounters.

Infested should generally be dumb, but they should also have some degree of coordination/difficulty. A swarm of "Alpha" Infested, or a pack of normal (Infested) with a leader, would work pretty well. Forces you to plan to fight them, but doesn't make your life endlessly painful.

Edit: People like Infested because they're easy to fight, and swarm so much. But there's the issue of lag. Players who can't react fast enough due to bad connection will get swarmed and killed already. I agree that Infested need to feel a little more difficult, but because they'll surround you from every side, you will be stunlocked.

And later on, a Charger or two can actually kill a Grineer Lancer. I see it fairly often in Invasions. Those claws already hit pretty hard. The best strategy against Infested is not being able to beat them in melee combat, but being able to kite them. I'd like to see some Infested that slowed the player down (More Noxious Crawlers?) if I wanted a challenge.

Edited by Nyxem

Why should we? Maybe because an entire faction is dam melee faction? They are not that huge in their nimbers to be overwhelming, so what possibly could place them in one row against Corpus/Grineer? The answer is - very strong cqc fighting. Coprus/Grineer is able to pin down a player with their firepower while fighting against infested only requires ability to moving faster than they do - actually you do not even have to run from them, your walking speed is more than enough to kite'em up. 

So we're not meant to be able defeat them in cqc at ease, not by a longshot. I'm able to handle with any corpus/grineer folk with my melee, but to overshoot them - I could use my brains, same song is about infested: there are no actual issue to gun'em down, but if you're going to go melee, you've should be either crazy or VERY sure on yourself. 

So I'm keep suggesting increasing infested's movement speed and their cqc abilities to make player think twice inbefore even start swinging his sword.

Again, still missing an actual premise and the weight of the evidence is against you here, I'll repeat the point as many times as necessary: the overwhelming bulk of the melee weapons and a third of the shotguns in the game have a damage type with a bonus against Infested surface types, by contrast, both the Grineer and Corpus have have entire unit types where that damage type takes a penalty (hell, even in the background fluff info, Tenno melee'd with infested, given the Ether Sword description).

Seriously, Infested are the only faction where melee's actually encouraged by design; it's completely non-viable against Grineer/Corpus outside of Ash/Loki (and even that's a stretch at higher levels), there's a reason you're encouraged to maintain standoff ranges against them (what with close-range ground pounds and shield attacks).

Hint, is there a Sniper Rifle that primarily deals slash damage rather than impact and puncture? Nope. That's probably a pretty big clue that CQB is intended to be viable against Infested, not that we should just maintain standoff range.

Edited by Taranis49

Again, still missing an actual premise and the weight of the evidence is against you here, I'll repeat the point as many times as necessary: the overwhelming bulk of the melee weapons and a third of the shotguns in the game have a damage type with a bonus against Infested surface types, by contrast, both the Grineer and Corpus have have entire unit types where that damage type takes a penalty (hell, even in the background fluff info, Tenno melee'd with infested, given the Ether Sword description).

Seriously, Infested are the only faction where melee's actually encouraged by design; it's completely non-viable against Grineer/Corpus outside of Ash/Loki (and even that's a stretch at higher levels), there's a reason you're encouraged to maintain standoff ranges against them (what with close-range ground pounds and shield attacks).

Hint, is there a Sniper Rifle that primarily deals slash damage rather than impact and puncture? Nope. That's probably a pretty big clue that CQB is intended to be viable against Infested, not that we should just maintain standoff range.

Key word is viable. Making you think more how to deal a damage in cqc not making this kind of combat any impossible. Hell, I could melee down a toxic ancient without a single issue if I am willing to.

So the suggestion is the same - infested should be STRONGER in cqc than any other faction. That's all. They haven't to be easy pray for some dude who's willing to go melee.

Key word is viable. Making you think more how to deal a damage in cqc not making this kind of combat any impossible. Hell, I could melee down a toxic ancient without a single issue if I am willing to.

So the suggestion is the same - infested should be STRONGER in cqc than any other faction. That's all. They haven't to be easy pray for some dude who's willing to go melee.

Again, missing a premise of "why". And meleeing "a" Toxic Ancient isn't all that hard, as pointed out, Infested swarm.

And it's a weak suggestion if you can't defend it or explain it with an actual reason or evidence, which you've failed to do for the entire thread. ;-)