Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is The Ash Warframe?

Tetelu

Question

Because i thinking to buy a new warframe (actually i have Volt) but i see opinions that this warframe Volt is bad at high lvls. So i change warframe,and the only warframe that i like than others is Ash. I didnt see Ash in combat but the shuriken skill surely gonna be incredible (than electric current of Volt). I think that this warframe,Ash,is the best same appearance like a ninja. So i like to know opinions about this warframe. Is good at high lvls? Is better than Excalibur? Becuase Excalibur do a lot of damage with cutting skill,and i think that Ash do the same with shuriken skill :D

If you build Ash, you will have to put up with losing thousands of kill per game. Getting to an enemy, but then your teammates kill it. Blade storm, fun to watch, horrible for killing, your teammates (most likely Nova or Rhino) would have killed it. However, I would recommend Ash because of how much fun he was...Loki would be a better alternate though. 

Don't know what these other posters here are talking about with losing kills because of Bladestorm. Whenever I feel myself lagging behind in kills with Ash is when I actually even bother activating Bladestorm,.and I always end up with the higher kill count than most if not all the other players when I do. Bladestorm doesn't always show you all the enemies you are killing either, the animation is mostly cosmetic, so pay no nevermind to the one at a time cuts.

The dude claiming that a Rhino will get more kills then my Ash sounds like a joke to me. You guys just don't mod Ash right clearly, especially the people spending 100 energy to do Bladestorm.

I agree that Ash really does have some utility that needs fixing though, his Shuriken is pretty lackluster, and  his telerport isn't as good as Loki's due to Loki being able to switch teleport with his Decoy, givng him a defacto teleport with more control. His smokescrene could also  stand to be longer, but proportionate to Loki's, it cost less, so it can be spammed more to make up for it, and Ash invisibility DPS seems to be higher too.

Edited by UrielColtan

It's just that Ash's skills are slightly 'rigid' in terms of usage, his SS being the only skill with some decent late game usage, but it's not that great since Ash doesn't have that high a energy pool, on the other hand, maximizing duration, efficiency and energy pool of Loki with Energy Siphon, makes you more or less a invisible blender which works in end contents while Ash's SS is too short, so the duration buff isn't as much as Loki, maxed efficiency isn't actually that much greater than Loki and due to his low energy pool, it's harder to spam it

i prefer my loki over ash

appearance wise

hammer head shark > shellfish

skills...

they both excell at melee due to invisibility, but loki does it better

they can both teleport equally well, but loki's teleport has trolling potential

shuriken is noob and bladestorm is more like a free grace period rather than kill everything

while loki gets an equally useless decoy but atleast radial disarm scales well

Don't know what these other posters here are talking about with losing kills because of Bladestorm. Whenever I feel myself lagging behind in kills with Ash is when I actually even bother activating Bladestorm,.and I always end up with the higher kill count than most if not all the other players when I do. Bladestorm doesn't always show you all the enemies you are killing either, the animation is mostly cosmetic, so pay no nevermind to the one at a time cuts.

"Hits up to 7 / 9 / 12 / 15 enemies one at a time within a 20 meter radius of your initial target for 750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 damage."

its not cosmetic, ash's ult hits 2x higher than anyone else's ult for the reason being he doesnt hit EVERYTHING

Edited by FadingFaith

try to focus on Smoke Screen and mobility build , use fast and mortal melee with smoke screen can cause a lot of dmg and use blade storm to regeneration your shield and deal some damage to enemies around you

he's one of the fun to use frame

ps. loki's invisibillity is still better anyway , but this doesn't mean ash suck

Edited by Hellbuster

It's just that Ash's skills are slightly 'rigid' in terms of usage, his SS being the only skill with some decent late game usage, but it's not that great since Ash doesn't have that high a energy pool, on the other hand, maximizing duration, efficiency and energy pool of Loki with Energy Siphon, makes you more or less a invisible blender which works in end contents while Ash's SS is too short, so the duration buff isn't as much as Loki, maxed efficiency isn't actually that much greater than Loki and due to his low energy pool, it's harder to spam it

Spammed more to make up for the shorter time, didn't say he had more energy or anything. Loki's higher energy pool is superficial when it cost more to be invisible still, Loki's invisibility span is not really notable when taking that into account. And you're honestly going to pull the Energy Siphon card? Forma says hi.

Edited by UrielColtan

i prefer my loki over ash

appearance wise

hammer head shark > shellfish

skills...

they both excell at melee due to invisibility, but loki does it better

they can both teleport equally well, but loki's teleport has trolling potential

shuriken is noob and bladestorm is more like a free grace period rather than kill everything

while loki gets an equally useless decoy but atleast radial disarm scales well

"Hits up to 7 / 9 / 12 / 15 enemies one at a time within a 20 meter radius of your initial target for 750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 damage."

its not cosmetic, ash's ult hits 2x higher than anyone else's ult for the reason being he doesnt hit EVERYTHING

Who cares about how helmits look when you can change them?  And who the heck said anything about bladestorm hitting EVERYTHING? I said the one at a time cutscene does not always show the enemies you kill.  Speaking from experience, when I clear a small room of enemies yet only two cuts are shown, then that tells me something, as does the end kill results, I usually dominate in defense and survival mission kill counts simply using Bladestorm. while Loki is better at support than Ash, sure, but I question the claim wthat he is better at killing. No Loki has ever outkilled me on a mission  Ash's invisibility also stuns and cloaks your sentinel, unlike Loki's invisibility.

Edited by UrielColtan

Every frame is good.

Ash, however, is fantastic.

He's fast, fun to play, and surprisingly durable.

Get him, focus entirely on Smokescreen, and you'll do just fine.

While a frame like Loki is fantastic late-game, he depends too much on his skills to prevent his demise.

Ash is a frame that has a little less utility than Loki, but a group stun coupled with invisibility is pretty hard to pass up.

Plus, he doesn't NEED it.

He's easily an incredibly durable frame, and if you throw an Ash into a massive group of enemies on his own, he'll be able to hold his own better than most frames currently in the game.

Get him, but don't depend on Shuriken or Blade Storm.

It's all smokescreen baby.

Agree, plus ash shares the highest base health in game with saryn. I use mine mostly for melee.

Who cares about how helmits look when you can change them?  And who the heck said anything about bladestorm hitting EVERYTHING? I said the one at a time cutscene does not always show the enemies you kill.  Speaking from experience, when I clear a small room of enemies yet only two cuts are shown, then that tells me something, as does the end kill results, I usually dominate in defense and survival mission kill counts simply using Bladestorm. while Loki is better at support than Ash, sure, but I question the claim wthat he is better at killing. No Loki has ever outkilled me on a mission  Ash's invisibility also stuns and cloaks your sentinel, unlike Loki's invisibility.

let me take you to places where damage abilties are completely irrelevant cuz everything has well over 4000~10000 hp

but really there are plenty of other factors, i wouldnt count on damage abilities being a good deciding factor

my ogris > bladestorm  

Edited by FadingFaith