Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Mod Fusion: Tooltips Would Be Nice.

Taihus

Hey Tennos,

Now I know that all you closed beta testers probably know each and every ability inside and out, but as someone who's just started playing I don't.

Basically, I've been playing around with Mod fusing. It's a pretty cool system, but I have one fairly major new-player gripe: while I can tell what gets affected when most mods are upgraded, since I can see the numbers in the mod description go up, when I fuse and upgrade Ability mods I have no clue what the fusing actually does.

Take, for example, Slash Dash. When I upgrade my Slash Dash mod, what gets upgraded? Damage? Range? Both? There's currently no way of telling.

If there was some kind of tooltip or pop-up with the ability's stats I think it would probably solve this problem.

More information in the mod UI over all would be good, at the moment it relies way too much on random unexplained symbols, colour coding, etc to explain what is going on. What players need however, is actual text explaining exactly what is going on, and exactly what will happen if you fuse the mods, including stat increases, which mods get consumed etc.

kind of ironic really

as long as i can remember we've (Tenno beta playerbase) been asking for more clear stats/data/gui in the menus

now the guns did get a nice improvement and with that i am happy, melee weapons still show nothing until purchased however

and since the new mod system got rid of the upgrade trees there is no way of seeing most of even the base stats for frames or weapons

we had MORE info (even though some of it wasnt accurate) in U6

=/

Hey Tennos,

Now I know that all you closed beta testers probably know each and every ability inside and out, but as someone who's just started playing I don't.

Basically, I've been playing around with Mod fusing. It's a pretty cool system, but I have one fairly major new-player gripe: while I can tell what gets affected when most mods are upgraded, since I can see the numbers in the mod description go up, when I fuse and upgrade Ability mods I have no clue what the fusing actually does.

Take, for example, Slash Dash. When I upgrade my Slash Dash mod, what gets upgraded? Damage? Range? Both? There's currently no way of telling.

If there was some kind of tooltip or pop-up with the ability's stats I think it would probably solve this problem.

a bit ago while the Skill Tree was still there the Warframe's Ability had basically a level range of 1-3 so basically from level 1 to level 2 Slash Dash would increase the Range and Damage you deal when you cast this skill and so on, Rhino's Iron Skin would increase the Duration, Nyx's Chaos would increase the Range and amount of enemies affected as well as the Duration and so on but even so there werent any info over how much Damage or Range or Duration it would improve anyways.

a bit ago while the Skill Tree was still there the Warframe's Ability had basically a level range of 1-3 so basically from level 1 to level 2 Slash Dash would increase the Range and Damage you deal when you cast this skill and so on, Rhino's Iron Skin would increase the Duration, Nyx's Chaos would increase the Range and amount of enemies affected as well as the Duration and so on but even so there werent any info over how much Damage or Range or Duration it would improve anyways.

Yes, but where does it tell you that IN GAME now? Like I said, some clarity of info would be really really nice.

Yes, but where does it tell you that IN GAME now? Like I said, some clarity of info would be really really nice.

I mean that even before 7.0 there wasnt any specific information about that... Only Health, Energy, Armor, Shield, etc... right now, yes, there's nothing so far =x