The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Believe Warframe Will Never Become A Great Game.

Pendragon1951

Lore et cetera will get put in...eventually.

Obviously, it is not a priority on the production/executive level, but it's on the list, somewhere.

Warframe is being developed in an iterative process. Meaning that they start with a very rough draft and not much sense of direction and then shape it and refine it over time (much like the old Blizzard, RIP, did).

It also means that if things are fundamentally broken they'll be fundamentally changed (id est mod system, damage system) and overhauled instead of sticking to a broken system and trying to stitch it up as everything is falling apart.

It does not mean the solutions they come up with will necessarily be best implemented or most fitting, but it means that they will be reviewed and remedied over time as needed.

So long the production doesn't get cut, it will reach places.

Albeit not at the pace we would like or according to what we consider most important first, but it will.

Have a little faith. - Arunmor

Edited by OriKlein

You guys do realize the "constant filler updates with new weapons and such" are on an entirely different design track right?

All of the major changes require a ton of work, if you've never touched the creation side of a game you really have no idea just how ungodly the amount of work that actually gets done. Complaining about DE "hiding the real issues with minor content updates" is pointless because these minor content updates are not driven by the main part of DE staff. There is literally a team dedicated to these small updates with a very large backlog of items. The grunt work takes far longer to accomplish, so yeah it may look like there is a bunch of filler updates, and personally I feel they should be less frequent because they tend to add to the main workload(say they're unbalanced or bugged in some significant way). But complaining and calling them a cover for real issues is wrong, not in a moral sense, in a rational sense.

To quote a great artist; "Never say never".

Unless DE decides to stick it's collective head in the ground and recoil more daily weapons there's a possibility for change. Moreso if they see themselves making less money but attracting more players.

Couldn't agree more, but thats basically what this mindless consumer society has fallen to.

Play shiny graphics with less than superficial gameplay. Aslong as its shiny and they're under the illusion that its more fun to shoot with the reskin of a gun with some different stats.

But more importantly as long as DE is getting dat cash. They couldn't care less.

You me or anyone ain't have S#&$ to say once they getting dat doe.

What isn't a reskin of the same gun with different stat?

Cod, Battlefield, Even doom, all reskins of a "gun" with different stats. It been that way for quite some time now.

"it's in beta" argument is no longer valid"

^this is so true.

It doesn't look or feel like a beta version.

It doesn't have to be in beta for it to be in continuous development, and you should never use "beta" as a shield against unresolved issues, considering the fact that some players do pay $$. Unresolved issues in an mmo is normal and constant (while some get resolved, other occur), DE doesn't have to excuse themselves, they just have to work on it, that's all.

But more importantly as long as DE is getting dat cash. They couldn't care less.

You me or anyone ain't have S#&$ to say once they getting dat doe.

I'm sorry, i didn't know creating an mmo, investing tons of time and effort in it, is all just for charity, so that you might have something to play when you're bored. It is only normal for them to get profit, that's the point. You think they don't have to eat, or pay bills?

Let's define great, when it comes to a game. 

A. Game that is enjoyed by many, and people invest immense amount of time into the game.

B. A Game that captures the hearts and souls of its players where the game will live on as a legend and memory.

Warframe has definitely succeeded in getting point A. But I think it is far from B. 

The game is fun even in its grind fest. But since this is an MMO the game is as fun as the people you are playing with. Just like Call of Duty, Halo, etc. While Warframe is coop it is the same theory. 

The reason why this game may never reach B is the lack of Lore, end game content, and overall story line. 

I love this game but I can guarantee that it will be one of those games that will now be played when I am trying to find a way to kill time. I will always defer to the B category games and seeking those out.

B. A Game that captures the hearts and souls of its players where the game will live on as a legend and memory.

Warframe has definitely succeeded in getting point A. But I think it is far from B. 

The reason why this game may never reach B is the lack of Lore, end game content, and overall story line. 

I agree with what i quoted above. However, they've announced repeatedly (and showed some content, here and there) that they're working on it. The easy part is finding what to implement. The hardest part is finding how to implement it. This game has a great potential, which should be exploited. 

Don't other games do the same like halo, call of duty, etc by just coming out with new map packs?

Yes but those games have other things that keep them afloat where new maps is all they need to keep players interested.

Games that have a heavy PvP element are going to have an easier time staying relevant as long as the core game is good (which is the case with Halo and CoD).  So those games have good campaigns (amazing in the case of Halo), and a very strong PvP element to keep it going after the fact.

Warframe has no real pvp.  It's basically entirely PvE.  Yet we have no campaign, no story to follow, no lore to really get us behind the characters.  We just have missions that have no real purpose other than the stated objective.

I want to constantly point people to this lore writeup http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History

After you read that, it automatically (at least for me) made me more interested in Warframe than I already was.  And it made me thirst for more.

Who is the Lotus?

What is her goal?

Why are all of these factions fighting?

More info on the Stalker and relationship between the Tenno and Infested.

So much to elaborate on.  And a campaign could easily be spun up around this.

I also think we need a 5th (or 6th if you count the Orokin) faction to be the main antagonist.  That is debatable though.

What glitches are there that they aren't fixing between Hotfixes?

The way I see it, every hotfix has a list of fixes that I have never even noticed was broken.

So tell us, what really needs "fixing"?

Is it the RNG to sate your never-ending greed?

Is it the lack of lore that prevents you from enjoying the game?

Is it the lack of risks a company is not willing to take to suit you and a vocal minority?

Literally, every hotfix/update that was ever released, there was nothing but a slew of complaints and whining.

We had like what? 3 threads in the past that actually thanked DE on their design choice(s)? Even then we had people complaining in there.

Edited by Kagumin

look at a year ago, the state of warframe. i played warframe then and sincerely enjoyed it.

look at how far it's come in this period of time, and the content has no hint of slowing down.

yes, the current gameplay can get a bit stale after you really grind it for a week straight, but i always take breaks and come back after a day or two feeling better. maybe i just have a lot of patience or am easily amused, but i absolutely love warframe as is, and i'm very excited to see what the future brings

What glitches are there that they aren't fixing between Hotfixes?

The way I see it, every hotfix has a list of fixes that I have never even noticed was broken.

So tell us, what really needs "fixing"?

Is it the RNG to sate your never-ending greed?

Is it the lack of lore that prevents you from enjoying the game?

Is it the lack of risks a company is not willing to take to suit you and a vocal minority?

Literally, every hotfix/update that was ever released, there was nothing but a slew of complaints and whining.

We had like what? 3 threads in the past that actually thanked DE on their design choice(s)? Even then we had people complaining in there.

They should give us a reason to thank them then. This game is mediocre. Nothing to be thankful for.

They should give us a reason to thank them then. This game is mediocre. Nothing to be thankful for.

By all means, enlighten us to what is mediocre about this game.

It has its problems, sure, it's obvious, but even so, there's nothing mediocre about this game.

Edit: and still: nobody's forcing you to play. I play it because i enjoy it. I don't understand people that take quite an offensive position towards DE, are you playing this game because you don't enjoy it? If you do enjoy it, then why are you complaining so much? It's normal to complain selectively about things, because yes, some are not that good, but saying "nothing to be thankful for" is a bit too much, if you ask me.

Edited by bodyshk

It has its problems, sure, it's obvious, but even so, there's nothing mediocre about this game.

Oh man where to begin.

Redundant mods, older guns being left useless, blatant power creep in effect, dumb AI, no end game, new player experience is horrible, parkour is between bad and useless. No context for whatever we do. No lore. List goes on and on.

The things that are good in this game, are not just good they're amazing.  That's the controls, shooting mechanics, sound, graphics, feel, and polish.  Plus some others.

As far as what's "bad" in this game, that would probably be the reliance on RNG and alerts?  But that's all that I would call "bad".

There is nothing mediocre.  What we need/desire simply doesn't exist to even be called mediocre.  That would be story/lore/campaign, etc.  Basically content.

Warframe is like having the most amazing gun in the world, and no ammunition to fire.

EDIT:  In lieu of General_Krull's post, I can agree that I'd like to see redundant mods and power creep eliminated.  Also more/better boss fights.  The AI isn't as bad for me.
Edited by Bakercompany86

Oh man where to begin.

Redundant mods, older guns being left useless, blatant power creep in effect, dumb AI, no end game, new player experience is horrible, parkour is between bad and useless. No context for whatever we do. No lore. List goes on and on.

every single element in your argument there has nothing to back it up.

Redundant mods: inserting a max serration that gives 165% more damage is redundant, as the effect is the same without it. Logical.

Older guns being useless: i'm not using my max potatoed soma at all, because, well, it's old and i must not use it. Same for galatine. Who uses galatime? it's old.

dumb AI: really. Dumb. The AI. Have you played this game?.

New player experience is horrible: it's the vice-versa, actually, as a new player you have a lot to enjoy, compared to "veterans".

Parkour is between bad and useless: sure, it's not like you're using it to get around every single time you play. And you say it's bad. Arguments? well it's bad because... it's bad.

No context: it's not like the lotus is talking to you continuously throughout the mission.

No lore: it's far from complete, yes, but no lore? Sure, the whole zanuka project, it's so generic.

/sarcasm

You're just trying to find reasons. You want this game to be bad. Reality doesn't change based on your perception.

Oh man where to begin.

You sure do post a lot and I am assuming you have invested a lot of time for a 'mediocre' game.

every single element in your argument there has nothing to back it up.

Redundant mods: inserting a max serration that gives 165% more damage is redundant, as the effect is the same without it. Logical.

Older guns being useless: i'm not using my max potatoed soma at all, because, well, it's old and i must not use it. Same for galatine. Who uses galatime? it's old.

dumb AI: really. Dumb. The AI. Have you played this game?.

New player experience is horrible: it's the vice-versa, actually, as a new player you have a lot to enjoy, compared to "veterans".

Parkour is between bad and useless: sure, it's not like you're using it to get around every single time you play. And you say it's bad. Arguments? well it's bad because... it's bad.

No context: it's not like the lotus is talking to you continuously throughout the mission.

No lore: it's far from complete, yes, but no lore? Sure, the whole zanuka project, it's so generic.

/sarcasm

You're just trying to find reasons. You want this game to be bad. Reality doesn't change based on your perception.

If you aren't even going to try to understand ´my points then why are you trying to argue them?

I meant redundant mods that have no reason to exist, such as elemental resist mods, knockdown resist mods etc. because mod space is limited there is no reason to use them over redirection, focus and other power mods.

As for old guns being useless I mean they keep releasing more and more powerful weapons making some old guns completely worthless in comparison. Or are you saying Hind is appealing compared to soma or penta? They should rebalance existing weapons before adding new ones.

AI is dumb, have you played the game? Most of the time they either hide around the corner doing nothing or ranged units rush at you. AI is bad.

New player experience is horrible, have you even read the threads describing it? Even DE admits it's horrible. Partially because of rng to get mods or because the beginner weapons are horrible.

Are you saying parkour is perfect or even good? When I try to jump near a knee high fence I instead mantle it ruining my jumps. Sometimes I jump near a wall and it makes me wall run. It needs serious tweaking.

Lotus keeps talking about how Grineer enslave people or how Jackal is horrifying etc. But what does it actually change when we do these missions? What difference does it make if we kill Tyl Regor? Or Vor? I've killed Alad V multiple times and yet he keeps taunting me when harvester comes after me, I mean he would if harvester actually did come after me. This ties to lore, nothign is really explained. Why do Tenno care what grineer or corpus do? WHy do tenno uphold balance?

You are trying to dismiss criticism for no reason, I bet you call reviews bad if they say bad things about warframe. Why? Why are against other people having opinions differing from yours?

You are trying to dismiss criticism for no reason, I bet you call reviews bad if they say bad things about warframe. Why? Why are against other people having opinions differing from yours?

No. I'm just against negativism and counter productive arguing. If you hate this game so much, why are you here? Would a person that doesn't like football go to a stadium and rant about how football is stupid and useless? Seriously, "nothing to be thankful for"? You are playing their game from your own initiative, DE didn't come to your house and said "play our game or else", they are improving the game very fast compared to any other game you want to mention, yet "nothing to be thankful for"? yeah, they made this game to make you feel bad, why should you thank them