Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Timed Missions ("self-destruct sequence initiated")

Phurl

Some of my favorite moments in this game have occurred when overrun by enemies and completely out of ammo. Or when faced down by a dozen enemies while a broken window and the cold vacuum of space suck all the oxygen out of the air and the shields and health out of my torso. In both cases, the best solution was usually to GET THE HECK OUTTA THERE ASAP!

With that in mind, I'd love some timed missions which require sprinting to escape pods while under fire. It'd fit in perfectly with those missions which require you to destroy the ship's core - the ship's power would short out and electronics and pipes would start exploding with increasing frequency.

It'd also help if they added some more mobility moves like wall running and wall jumping and more environmental obstacles, too, but that's a different topic.

So, thoughts? I know some people hate timed missions but I think it'd be a great fit for this game

Edited by Phurl

Some of my favorite moments in this game have occurred when overrun by enemies and completely out of ammo. Or when faced down by a dozen enemies while a broken window and the cold vacuum of space suck all the oxygen out of the air and the shields and health out of my torso. In both cases, the best solution was usually to GET THE HECK OUTTA THERE ASAP!

With that in mind, I'd love some timed missions which require sprinting to escape pods while under fire. It'd fit in perfectly with those missions which require you to destroy the ship's core - the ship's power would short out and electronics and pipes would start exploding with increasing frequency.

It'd also help if they added some more mobility moves like wall running and wall jumping and more environmental obstacles, too, but that's a different topic.

So, thoughts? I know some people hate timed missions but I think it'd be a great fit for this game

Destroying the core and escaping within the time limit has already been implemented, just not for every single "destroy core" mission. Time limit is set to 5 minutes, as shown on the top left of your screen. But as I've said, it doesn't happen for every mission.