Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Gameplay Needs To Have Abit Of Rework

K1LLSW1TCH

I have been trying to play stealth for some mission in awhile, using a Paris Bow and stuff. And out of 50+ enemies, i only get to do the backstab kill once. Even when sneaking, i still cant get that kill because either 1) my warframe would use normal atk 2) the enemies infront would notice me (its hard to find enemy whos not in group u know)

Another thing is that, once u have been detected by 1 person, whole enemies in that mission just know where u are, where u hide and all. Come on man, are they psychics? lol. Once mistake and boom, u just engaged in your usual firefight, and ur efforts in play stealth once just diminished.

My suggestion is that, this stealth gameplay needs a rework. By including a cool down timer, even if u got detected at first, when the cooldown completes the enemies will go on search mode, not just run directly to u and shoot in your face. I would say 40 sec cooldown is good enough for the players to hide and plan their stealth attacks once they made a mistake. Because hiding, stealth nor that stealth warframe, isn't worth it if stealth gameplay is this harsh.

And please fix the backstab. It doesn't work always. Once u see ur warframe fails to execute the backstab and instead he swings the sword, it means the end of the stealth gameplay. So please take this into consideration heavily. Stealth gameplay should be smooth and not too punishing to the players

Ways to improve stealth system:

1. Create more defined patrol routes. When a bunch of enemies go about their business at random it's hard to take them out one by one.

2. Make enemies stand still for a bit before turning around. Right now they're too unpredictable and turn around instantly.

3. Shade's Ghost ability must cloak the sentinel too and have a bigger radius of activation. Basically, when a person is hiding close enough to the door for it to open and an enemy is passing through the middle of that door, at roughly that distance the person must become cloaked.

4. Make states of enemy alertness more obvious. For example, by music - loud battle music for an all-out combat, muffled but discernable and tense music for suspicion and silence/quiet ambient for low alert.

5. Make enemies calm down after a while if they don't see the player. Make them go from red alert to yellow and then eventually to green if they don't find the player.

6. Adjust vision distance of suspicious enemies. It should be better than on low alert, but not ridiculously so. Right now they can spot you across the very large room while you're crouching behind a railing.

7. Make triggering the alarm take a bit of time. Not much, of course, 2-3 seconds or so. Also, adding a sound clue would be nice, like enemies screaming "Sound the alarm!" or something like that.

8. Make players able to switch the alarm off by hacking a terminal.

Edited by FedorHooch

1. Create more defined patrol routes. When a bunch of enemies go about their business at random it's hard to take them out one by one.

2. Make enemies stand still for a bit before turning around. Right now they're too unpredictable and turn around instantly.

3. Shade's Ghost ability must cloak the sentinel too and have a bigger radius of activation. Basically, when a person is hiding close enough to the door for it to open and an enemy is passing through the middle of that door, at roughly that distance the person must become cloaked.

4. Make states of enemy alertness more obvious. For example, by music - loud battle music for an all-out combat, muffled but discernable and tense music for suspicion and silence/quiet ambient for low alert.

5. Make enemies calm down after a while if they don't see the player. Make them go from red alert to yellow and then eventually to green if they don't find the player.

6. Adjust vision distance of suspicious enemies. It should be better than on low alert, but not ridiculously. Right now they can spot you across the very large room while you're crouching behind a railings.

7. Make triggering the alarm take a bit of time. Not much, of course, 2-3 seconds or so. Also, adding a sound clue would be nice, like enemies screaming "Sound the alarm!" or something like that.

Yes! These are all excellent suggestions that would make stealth actually work, they need to do this or remove it entirely, because the only thing stealth is atm is a fun thing to play around with for the first 5 minutes of the map before you inevitably F*** up and you have to shoot people.

Also its even harder to stealth against Corvus because you cant backstab the Moas due to their shields which is $&*&*#(%&.

6. Adjust vision distance of suspicious enemies. It should be better than on low alert, but not ridiculously so. Right now they can spot you across the very large room while you're crouching behind a railing.

i am sensing splinter cell or mgs fan here xD

Genius! Would love all these suggestions in the game!

i am sensing splinter cell or mgs fan here xD

These are all vital mechanics for a succesful stealth system. The reason a bunch of good stealth games implement them is simply because these mechanics work. Fixed patrol routes and different states of alertness are bread and butter of any stealth game.

"Shade's Ghost ability must cloak the sentinel too..."

I love you

I mean shade with "ghost" + "revenge" is great except the enemy sees shade and shoots till it dies... that's just dumb as s**t.

(I'm pretty sure this is just a temporary flaw though)

Edited by Kazut0