+ Hitscan = more hits

+ Higher accuracy = more hits

+ Bloom instead of recoil = .... more hits

+ Nearly twice the rate of fire = burst DPS is very good

+ More balanced mix of damage types = effective against most targets

Tetra has:

+ 15% higher base damage

+ Better fire:reload ratio.

Seeing as I already have a potato in Karak, I don't think I'll be putting one into Tetra.  Tetra is a weapon ideal for a situation where you're facing a ton of easily defeated enemies wearing armor that keep coming in endless swarms.  So...  Apollodorus farming.

Not giving the Tetra enough credit I'm afraid. Both weapons are worth a blutato, but both aren't fitting for players expecting them to be a gun for missions like t3 void defense, BUT can push the envelopes to that level of difficulty and try if patient enough with them(and carrying ammo regen packs). I can take the Tetra and Karak comfortably to around level 55 limits in Nuovo-Ceres and Palus-Pluto respectively without pulling back often from armor and damage and with appropriate elements, 

Keeping in mind of their damage and spread/accuracy, Using a rank 4 HC on the tetra and rank 8 HC on the karak, both guns will do 111 -112 raw physical damage per bullet/round if hitting a paper dummy using a serration/HC/Bane combo, top it off with a shred, split chamber, and 3 elements. Bullet speeds from each gun and firing methods fitting both for their types of dps methods help more as well(hitscan and burst & travel time and sustained). The Tetra is fast enough with very mild leading to land hits and headshots against somewhat slower grineer forces, especially heavies. With corpus enemies, the hitscan helps with shields and drones... god thoses drones. They just whizz around and make it hard to hit, so hitscan helps.

Both guns got their place is all. b-_^