The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Energy System Need A Rework?

lautalocos

Personally i would like to have a cooldown system (reasonable ofc).

As an example.

1st power - 1s or 1.5s cooldown time.

2nd power - 1.5s or 2s ct.

3rd power - 2s or 2.5s ct.

4th power - 2.5s ct or 3s ct.

And energy siphon at max rank would give a X% cooldown reduction.

As far I like spamming my abilities i would also love to think more about when and what should i do...

There are some difference between a Universal Cool Down (like how Mass Effect powers work) and a Regenerating Power pool. The BIGGEST advantage is being able to cast lower-level powers again FASTER.

In a regenerating energy system the "Cool Down" is the time it takes to regain all power to cast a Power again. If the regeneration is 1 Energy a Second powers that cost 25 energy have a 25 second cool down. When you cast a 100 cost Ult, you can cast a 25 energy power 25 seconds later instead of 100 seconds as a Universal Cool Down system would force. Also reducing power costs (which is already in the game) reduces "Cool Down" times.

There is little reason to push cool down when energy regeneration will yield a superior result.

There are some difference between a Universal Cool Down (like how Mass Effect powers work) and a Regenerating Power pool. The BIGGEST advantage is being able to cast lower-level powers again FASTER.

In a regenerating energy system the "Cool Down" is the time it takes to regain all power to cast a Power again. If the regeneration is 1 Energy a Second powers that cost 25 energy have a 25 second cool down. When you cast a 100 cost Ult, you can cast a 25 energy power 25 seconds later instead of 100 seconds as a Universal Cool Down system would force. Also reducing power costs (which is already in the game) reduces "Cool Down" times.

There is little reason to push cool down when energy regeneration will yield a superior result.

That doesn't help people who enjoy spamming powers.

The way I've thought of it working would be that we get a combo/score system that would directly tie in to gaining energy. Ninja/Awesome like behaviour would reward energy points. Jumping and shooting, wallrunning into a slam attack. Blackflipping over a ledge to escape. 
So you don't necessarily have to kill a lot, you just have to play well. Interaction with enemies in some fashion, taking damage, avoiding damage, giving damage, dodging them, hiding from them, sneaking around them, drawing aggro,  would also be necessary to complete a combo/earn points for it so Warframes couldn't charge energy by wallrunning about a mostly empty room.