The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tetra

TheGameYouJustLostIt

Well, it finished building today. It seems pretty standard, nothing to write home about.

Apart from when i first started firing it and i thought the grineer were throwing many many grenades at me, but it turned out it was just the clips popping off the front of the gun.

Herp Derp.

Anyone ranked it up and tested it out on the higher level areas?

My opinion is that it is a filler gun (better bring something like the Tetra for Tenno reinforcements than nothing) with boring and uninspired design, Bad Sound (do i hear a Duck quacking everytime i stop shooting?), mediocre damage, no polarities or other stuff setting it apart and bad accuracy (due to travel time and recoil). It's a LSD weapon (Level, Shelf or Discard) weapon for 3k Mastery points. That's it.

But that's just my opinion.. i'm sure there are people out there liking the Tetra but for me it's just the sound it makes when you stop shooting: meh!

Edited by Namacyst

Tetra is probably best compared as a Corpus version of Karak. 

it's not amazing or anything, but it's reliable. 

in direct comparison to Karak, higher Physical Damage, as a tradeoff for shooting slower. so it'll be effective a little longer than Karak is, which is already a pretty decent weapon.

tetra does have more damage that boltor, but worse rate of fire.

it feels out of place. its innacurate, has travel time and a low ROF wich wont help to compensate against its travel time.

for me its a laser latron, wich is a pity because it really looked like a laser grakata.

IMO its is an upgrade for standard issue weapon for new tenos. Bullet travel time.. meh, funny sound effect while shooting (pew pew pew)... meh, fast reload? not really, and damage? about average. I have added few forma into it already just to see if it can be end game weapon. But that turn out to be a waste of formas =.( Don't pay plat for it just build if for fun. Not worth it.

It's the first one lately I haven't wanted to put a forma in. It's a good solid weapon. It's mastery 0 which makes it a great weapon for new players. But it's not unique, and apart from a large clip size doesn't offer much at all over some existing weapons.

So for me, mastery fodder. Shelved.

I really like it. Took a brand new one to the catalyst alert and didn't have any trouble. Reload animation is super nice, I like the visual indicator of remaining ammo without having to look away from what I'm shooting at. I find it to be accurate out to medium range, same as the Braton really. The travel time doesn't really bother me either, you have 60 shots in a clip, if you can't adjust over a whole clip maybe you should try a different weapon. 

With a 4 forma'd Dera at my disposal, I don't really see myself wasting the time to level up Tetra over and over putting forma's on it.

If people don't have access to the Dera or Supra, then yes it is a good mid-game gun as you work up to clan-tech. But I just can't put a potato on it, since I think it would need multiple formas to even come close to some of my other guns.

It's a pretty average weapon, unfortunately. Nothing to write home about.

I do love the animation and sound work on it, but that alone isn't enough to justify its use long-term. Also the four-magazine design is really kind of goofy. Still, it's got a nice flavor to it, and it IS a lot easier to build towards than a Dera, so... it's got its uses at least.