Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Apply Magnetic + Radiation On Synapse?

(PSN)molnizzle

No matter what order I place Hellfire, Stormbringer and Cryo Rounds I cannot get my desired combination of Magnetic + Radiation on the Synapse. From what I understand, using the order of Cryo-Stormbringer-Hellfire should produce my desired result, but instead I end up with Magnetic + Heat.

Working as intended, or is this a bug?

Indeed its working as intended, the system does not include the standard weapon damage, only the order in the mod loadout so unfortunately you cannot mix those two, the stormbringer will always apply to form magnetic in that loadout leaving heat on its own.

Working as intended. 

If you put multiple mods with the same element (hellfire / wildfire for example) it won't form two combos, it will just combine all fire damage onto the first fire mod on the weapon. Elemental weapons basically just work as if there were a ninth mod in the #9 slot, of the element that their base damage is. So if you add that to your mod setup it would be Cryo - Stormbringer - Hellfire - Snyapse electric. Just like hellfire/wildfire, the synapse "mod" with the electric damage just combines with stormbringer and continues to increase magnetic.

You can do this with combo elemental mods though. Like Penta is Cold+Fire=Blast, but you can put radiation on it since the fire won't combine. Presumably the invisible 9th slot has a raw blast damage number there, rather than two numbers combining? I'm speculating, but that's how it works.