The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Restore Overheat To Ember

NikolaiLev

Accelerant: 15s

Probably should just proc the fire stun the whole time so we can stop trying to revive Embertank mode.

That's debuff time period.

The stun lasts 5 seconds. Which should be more than enough to revive someone, escape, or cast WoF. 

That's debuff time period.

The stun lasts 5 seconds. Which should be more than enough to revive someone, escape, or cast WoF. 

Well yeah, but if they just made it an AoE +fire stun for 15s I don't think anyone would complain.

I mean...we've got even more powerful skills out there that we have to deal with randomly.  Just give her this one and call it a win for both sides.

lets see how well you do "avoiding" a machine gun...or a ice leader...or a survival mission

lets also see how well you do in a lv 60+ mission with 15 armor, no speed, and the enemy shooting you from outside of accelerant's range.

while your teammates are all w8ing for you to revive them, while a room full of enemies are standing between you and them.

a duration based skill is much better at those levels than a strength based one such as iron skin, iron skin can be dropped and your shields gone at higher levels in an instant depending on the amount of mobs around, while a duration based skill will last its duration irrelevant of the mobs.

I love my accelerant, shove accelerant onto 3 and put overheat on 2? k.

so replace fire blast...

sadly i agree with this

fireblast isn't really useful when u have world on fire.

any i'd give up any skill to get overheat back <.<  even the nerfed overheat

Molt is an outlier in Saryn's kit, it's not really castery, it's not really melee. Replacing it with an 'Overheat' would give her two close range/melee/tank abilities. And two DoT/AoE/castery oriented abilities. It would make her more flexible, not less.

I don't see a problem with it being an outlier.  This kind of thinking stinks of Riot, which has far less interesting champions compared to DotA, which has awesome things like autoattack buffs on supports (see: Visage) and heals on carries (Necrolyte).

Ember's already been stated by DE to be frail. She doesn't have to be a pure caster, but bulky is not at all an option for her. I'd think it more apt for her get a more direct boost to her mobility. Fire tends to be an excellent archetype for nimble mages. And that's what Ember should more be around, a Fire mage/Scout hybrid.

I don't care what DE stated.  I think they're worng and am going to insist on that, especially when others agree.  DE's word is not law; their minds can (and should) be changed.

Giving her mobility could be neat, but what Ember used to be was fine as she was.  We can have a nimble caster later.

Just extended her 2's stun duration to 5 second. 1 second is too short especially it's unmoddable. As it's now, Ember is fragile and still not doing enough damage. Frame like Nova supress her in every way. 

Edited by Neogeo

Just extended her 2's stun duration to 5 second. 1 second is too short especially it's unmoddable. As it's now, Ember is fragile and still not doing enough damage. Frame like Nova supress her in every way. 

Nova is an aberration. Ember has to play to utilize her strengths; Nova does not. 

Overheat needs to stay gone. Will agree accelerant needs a longer stun though

how about giving us the option to choose if we want overheat or not.

cause i'd rather have an ember that can SURVIVE past wave 13 of tower 3 defense.

its really sad that nova is more survivable. hell EVERY frame is more survivable. cause ember has no survivability at all. so either her skills need to do ALOT more freakin dmg (i'm talking more than any other frame) or she needs a survivability mechanic.

and no. accelerant is not a survivability mechanic. 

So you just want Ember to be the mage-brawler? You don't want another another mage-brawler?

what niko was saying is we want ember to be a bit survivable. if that means being a mage brawler then fk yes.

but as she is now...hiding in the room the group last cleared and trying to kill people through walls, only to die when 1 enemy spawns behind you.

----before reading this, keep in mind all frames are good low levels, its how they perform high levels that determines if they underpowered or not----

well.....ember USED to be the pyromaniac who ran through the house setting everything on fire laughing like a madwoman and squealing in delight. (which was SO MUCH FUN, literally she was my favorite frame)

but now. she's either the burning corpse who didnt even make it to the front door. 

or the person whose a mile away watching a fire and hoping no one realizes she's the one who set it.

which is boring as S#&amp;&#036;.

be honest, would you rather be the pyromaniac having the time of your life setting everything you pass on fire and laughing all the way.

or the corpse lying in the corner of the room cause u couldnt take 2 shots before dying.

what niko was saying is we want ember to be a bit survivable. if that means being a mage brawler then fk yes.

be honest, would you rather be the pyromaniac having the time of your life setting everything you pass on fire and laughing all the way.

or the corpse lying in the corner of the room cause u couldnt take 2 shots before dying.

Fire Procc and accelerant. Ember has lots of CC in her kit now. You shouldn't be dying. 

Fire Procc and accelerant. Ember has lots of CC in her kit now. You shouldn't be dying. 

you obviously have not seen how rarely that "panic cause u on fire" thing happens in lv 30+

robots. tend to ignore it.

heavy grineer, ignore it (as do some regular melee based grineer)

infested, ancients run at you while panicing and rip you apart.

oh, and if they got a shield cause u in the void. then nothing is going to panic

your logic "you can use accelerant to stun them and then set them on fire"

your plan in motion. 

1. accelerant activates

2. you hit the key for a fire ability

3. you get mauled by either

A. an enemy out of range of the stun that has a gun aimed at your non armored &amp;#&#33;.

B. all the enemys you stunned who came out of the stun before your cast time finishes and knocked you down and massacred you.

4. your team groans as they have to stop killing and come back to res you for the umpteenth time.

plan in motion part 2

1. accelerant activates

2. you start shooting your ignis to use the fire proc

3. you get mauled by either 

A. an enemy out of range of the stun that has a gun aimed at your non armored &amp;#&#33;

B. any of the enemys listed above who were in the stun and are now either knocking your &amp;#&#33; down or beating you to death

4. your team groans as they have to stop killing and blah blah you get the point.

and since you dont seem to understand how survivability in a frame works(cause u skipped my earlier post)

nyx's chaos means she has a oh fk button to get out of there while enemys out of range shoot the enemys that were affected

she also has absorb to protect her

vauban has the paralysis field as a oh fk button to get out of a place alive. or res a team mate

ash has smokescreen to res a teammate, or an oh fk button

frost...yeah i dont evne have to name it do i? snow globe

loki's radial disarm works as well  or u got decoy

mag is a bit troublesome. but her ultimate makes her invincible for its duration (along with knocking all enemys in the ultimate's range down)

banshee. ultimate makes her invincible for the duration

saryn's molt gives her the chance to escape an enemy, or res a team mate

trinity. link. enough said

excalibur has slash dash to escape enemys, or super jump.  or radial blind to take them out of the picture for 15 secounds to res a team mate

Rhino, enough said

Valkyr, armored without skills,  or paralysis as a spammable stun(5 energy per use), or hysteria for a 30 secound invicibility to do whatever!  or rip line to get away

Edited by Arenta

you obviously have not seen how rarely that "panic cause u on fire" thing happens in lv 30+

Can't say that I've noticed it having problems. I'll check again though. 

excalibur has slash dash to escape enemys, or super jump.  or radial blind to take them out of the picture for 15 secounds to res a team mate

And this was my suggestion. Give Ember an escape. She doesn't need raw survivability. She needs mobility. Ember isn't meant for a tank role, and that's alright. She needs the mobility to get in and out deal her damage and then leave. 

Edited by LukeAura

Can't say that I've noticed it having problems. I'll check again though. 

And this was my suggestion. Give Ember an escape. She doesn't need raw survivability. She needs mobility. Ember isn't meant for a tank role, and that's alright. She needs the mobility to get in and out deal her damage and then leave. 

which is what overheat was for. to let her get in and out.

even the nerfed overheat let her do that(which in my opinion was balanced!)

but accelerant. while it might be a useful skill for it. its USELESS without her having her 1 survival skill

Edited by Arenta

But it's a tanking based ability. A mobility skill accomplishes the same effect, and is much more in line with what they want for Ember.

ok then, overheat was a fire based ability that worked by super heating the armor.

what skill do you suggest, and how do you suggest it works.

keep in mind you can't use something that is to similar to something another frame has.

so no fire explosion that makes her do an excalibur super jump

no fire running that lets her do what volt does

no flame flash that blinds enemys(thats excal again)

Arenta, on 03 Apr 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

keep in mind you can't use something that is to similar to something another frame has.

And why not?

Slash Dash / Rhino Charge

90% of ults.

Freeze and Fireball.

Invisibility and Smokescreen

The game is filled with similar abilities, that are all with their unique twists on the concepts.

We even have divebomb, which is pretty much instant heavy impact.

I would suggest a parabolic arc of movement ability though. Not a jump, it involves a rapid ascent up and a rapid/boosted descent down. Probably mix it with fireblast so it has added CC at its end point.

Edited by LukeAura