Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making The Tetra Unique

egregiousRac

As the Tetra stands now it is essentially just a worse Supra. The four-clip system is quite cool and is the only thing that sets the Tetra apart from other weapons. Sadly, it has no mechanical purpose. I propose that the Tetra be remodeled a bit and turned into a burst weapon in order to solve this issue.

The change would be giving it four barrels to go with the four clips. Something like this: http://puu.sh/6wLvp.jpg Subsequently, the Tetra would fire four shots simultaneously in a square pattern. Increasing the base firing speed to 8 would cause it to fire twice per second, giving the ability to have strong, meaty shots and placing the Tetra on its own as a unique weapon.

This weapon is just a bridge line, giving new players more weapon options.

Edited by cryotech9020

You're using malignant force, ammo mutator and wild fire to compare dps? Those are bizarre choices. The straight elemental mods give you more dps and the Boltor has plenty of ammo for normal missions. For a long endless game type, the Boltor is plain a horrible choice. And you don't use speed trigger?

I guess I understand malignant force because you're using a dps program that incorrectly says that elemental procs do double damage.

I highly recommend http://dpsframe.com. Unfortunately he hasn't added Tetra yet.

All arguing aside, I believe that the Tetra should have a more Corpus feel to it. without bringing up stats or comparisons, I think that it needs a rework to give it a more energy weapon feel to it, instead of a boltor that fires glowsticks and makes pew pew sounds.

It needs corpus influince in it's design to make it unique instead of just a reskin of a current weapon

Here's my idea:

Get rid of crit damage, since it's only a placeholder, discard any remaining ammo in the clip on reload, cut the reload time in half, and give it a more efficient/larger ammo pool.

Based on my experience with the corpus, this seems like the weapon that they use, as the Dera has perfect accuracy.
They, however, do not.

So it only seems logical that this would fit the role as a cheap infantry rifle, which is exactly what it is supposed to be

Don't the majority complain about burst weapons?

Because they're using laptops or 5+ y/o PC's. 

Buying/upgrading a PC (with decent, high-end hardware) every 3 years? Nope, aint got moneh fo da shid bro!

New console and overly expensive games? Takemymoney.jpg!