Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aftertouch Mod (Back To Dark Sector)

Icefall_Magister

I really love Dark Sector and all the lore thats been put into this game and way that the game has expanded on those ideas. One of my favorite things from Dark Sector was the after touch abilities for the glaive. It got me thinking that why not have a mod that allows for some control rather than this randomized bouncing. If Nova can control her anti-matter bomb why cant you control a thrown weapon in the same way? It would basically be the same effect but would allow someone to turn their weapon slightly to hit that grunt that dodge out of the way or even let you choose the return path a bit better to maximize damage potential. What do you think?

Yes I've wanted the same thing but my idea was like the bounce of the glaive will bounce toward and enemy and every level increases the amount of enemys it will bounce to so like 1st bounce 1 enemy 2nd bounce 1 enemy and so on

this then adding bounces would have a purpose

maybe with melee 2.0 it could happen

As someone who has played, and enjoyed Dark Sector, I would say "all of my yes".

The problem being, is that "Aftertouch" must be used in slow motion - for the most part. The issue I see hindering this, is that - even in other online/multiplayer games that have some kind of "SlowMo" attribute (KillingFloor w/ZedTime as an example), it affects both the host and client at the same time. Thus, if a player wanted to use the Aftertouch of the Glaive, not only would the player experience the slow motion effect, but everyone as well in consequence - breaking immersion.

If this were to work, instead of slowing down the game, the glaive travel speed would have to be reduced in some way to ensure the player has at least some kind of control over the glaive, but at the same time, fast enough to keep up with the fast-paced gameplay and not look like Tenno are throwing a slow motion frisbee.

As someone who has played, and enjoyed Dark Sector, I would say "all of my yes".

The problem being, is that "Aftertouch" must be used in slow motion - for the most part. The issue I see hindering this, is that - even in other online/multiplayer games that have some kind of "SlowMo" attribute (KillingFloor w/ZedTime as an example), it affects both the host and client at the same time. Thus, if a player wanted to use the Aftertouch of the Glaive, not only would the player experience the slow motion effect, but everyone as well in consequence - breaking immersion.

If this were to work, instead of slowing down the game, the glaive travel speed would have to be reduced in some way to ensure the player has at least some kind of control over the glaive, but at the same time, fast enough to keep up with the fast-paced gameplay and not look like Tenno are throwing a slow motion frisbee.

I completely understand what you're saying and thats why i mentioned NOVA. Her anti-matter bomb is a floating orb with a decent travel speed but when you zoom in it slows down a bit so you can load it up with damage before steering it into enemies to explode. If this were applied to thrown weapons you could throw the weapon easily zoom in to make it slowdown a smidge while still firing or ect. without affecting the pace of gameplay. In fact it would add another layer of strategy and skill in my opinion

On another note it would combo with banshee very well to hit those tricky crit spots

Yes I've wanted the same thing but my idea was like the bounce of the glaive will bounce toward and enemy and every level increases the amount of enemys it will bounce to so like 1st bounce 1 enemy 2nd bounce 1 enemy and so on

I do wish that the bounces werent quite as random. I dont exactly wish them to be auto seeking after a bounce but i hate when it just goes all over the room i tend to use power throw and quick return to try to get the 1-2 punch of the throw and return right away.

I really love Dark Sector and all the lore thats been put into this game and way that the game has expanded on those ideas. One of my favorite things from Dark Sector was the after touch abilities for the glaive. It got me thinking that why not have a mod that allows for some control rather than this randomized bouncing. If Nova can control her anti-matter bomb why cant you control a thrown weapon in the same way? It would basically be the same effect but would allow someone to turn their weapon slightly to hit that grunt that dodge out of the way or even let you choose the return path a bit better to maximize damage potential. What do you think?

Because  AMD is slow and a glaive is fast? Remember, to use Aftertouch in DS it went into a slowmode setting which you cannot have on WF outside of maybe solo play