Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Flying Across Rooms, Etc

Panelope

If I had joined the game this late into it I would prb just say it's P2P/Leech2P because even alot of the basic mods have been moved/put on really obscure mobs.

Honestly I think the mod system is a bad idea in general, I like customizing and leveling my gear, but I don't want it to increase the effectiveness of said gear by an infinitly large procentage like it does in this game.

Example: level 0 frame cant even use abilitys, but if you have the correct aura mod you get a whole lot of stuff all of a sudden and then add 60 slots from reactor and bonuses of 1000% health or abilitys with 800% increased damage...

Basically it's a math problem, I don't claim to know how DE got these numbers, but I doubt they used calculators.

Speaking of insane numbers, level scaling increasing by time, making the scaling SCALE and the same with armor...

Level 0 frames can use their 1 ability if it is also unranked.

The MK1-Braton is hardly the reason that Rushers are damaging the game. Players don't magically become "useful" to their teammates once they upgrade from it.

In terms of damage, mods are the real reason why new players feel useless, not because of their weapon choice.

I agree with you to some extent, but as I was saying into my post (sorry I was editing while you responded. I hardly ever manage to post my thoughts the first time through) the game has its hands tied. I doubt it could afford to split the community further right now and it's too scary for new players because of the MK1 being utter crap. If they started with the Reg Braton instead, they wouldn't be so affected. Seriously. Several of my friends could NOT go through the first rank test at all with the MK1. Rank 1 comes fast and if I didn't urge them to TRY another gun, they would have dropped out then and there. (because new players will NOT comprehend how bad the MK1 is compared to everything else, and how easy it is to find something much better).

It is very demoralizing to have progression halted purely because you are under-equiped at such an early stage. It is devastating to then face the Corpus and see your damage output being reduced to nearly nothing with no explanation on the how or why. If not for my intervention, my friends would have quit then and there. Several have anyway.

MK1 is the bane of this game, and so is reg. Skana to a lesser extent.

Edited by Eruend

I agree with you to some extent, but as I was saying into my post (sorry I was editing while you responded. I hardly ever manage to post my thoughts the first time through) the game has its hands tied. I doubt it could afford to split the community further right now and it's too scary for new players because of the MK1 being utter crap. If they started with the Reg Braton instead, they wouldn't be so affected. Seriously. Several of my friends could NOT go through the first rank test at all with the MK1. Rank 1 comes fast and if I didn't urge them to TRY another gun, they would have dropped out then and there. (because new players will NOT comprehend how bad the MK1 is compared to everything else, and how easy it is to find something much better).

It wasn't like this before DMG2.0, that patch ruined alot of early game balance, the first few levels ware actually more "balanced" as in, "felt better" than the late game does/did... Maybe DE will get around to fixing things like this eventually but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

You know what? I'ma start a new topic about how to help make this game more newb friendly. We need more players. Always. :p

Don't bother.

Nobody with any kind of importance in DE is going to read your thread. Nothing will come out of it. You'll just waste time.

I know, but it NEEDS to get fixed. Maybe DE just didn't notice this particular problem yet. You're putting way too little stock into DE's will to make a good game.

Am I actually reading "Don't try because you'll fail for sure"?

Are you guys just here to whine uselessly then? Sorry if this comes off as rude to any of you, but you guys really need to stop acting like pussies.

Edited by Eruend

I know, but it NEEDS to get fixed. Maybe DE just didn't notice this particular problem yet. You're putting way too little stock into DE's will to make a good game.

Are you guys just here to whine uselessly then? Sorry if this comes off as rude to any of you, but you guys really need to stop acting like pussies.

It's more about "This has been done so many times before by multiple different people and nothing has changed."

Then we'll do it till it does. I'll stake my account on it if needed.

If I need to flood the "issues" section to be heard, I will. But I'll only cross that bridge when I get to it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a game to fix.

Edited by Eruend

I am far from a newbie and I am really tired of people saying either go fast or go solo for a solution. This game was designed to work as a team. As the old saying goes, there's not I in team. You people that want to go fast, go solo yourselves.

Edited by Panelope

People have been talking about the newbie problem for a year.

Even before damage 2.0 when it was a bit better.

DE did nothing but introduce damage 2.0 and make it worse.

And yes, you'll fail for sure. Because, you know, everyone before you did, and you're not some sort of prophet.

I am far from a newbie and I am really tired of people saying either go fast or go solo for a solution. This game was designed to work as a team. As the old saying goes, there's not I in team. You people that want to go fast, go solo yourselves.

Well then, let me set that I like to go fast, so I can have a team of people who go fast.

There we go, problem solved. And on the first part of my message : this has been proposed countless times, and nothing happened.

And oh, do you remember the reputation system ? Yeah, me neither.

Do you have proof that rushers are "damaging" the game? And are you really saying new players "choose" to use Mk1-Braton? cause I sure as hell didn't, I hated the thing.

Rushing was a huge, huge issue many months ago, and a very large portion of the forumers hated it. We've just accepted it over time because we've lost hope that DE is going to do anything about it; that doesn't mean it's not bad for the game.

If you need proof, look at the OP. Look at all of the people who left the game because of Rushers. Coptering is debatable, but if you think that Rushing through levels and leaving teammates behind is anywhere close to "intended" or "healthy", then you are sadly mistaken.

And where the bloody hell did you get the idea that I said that new players got to "choose" the MK1-Braton? I'm not saying that the weapon's not an issue, I'm saying that it's nowhere near close to being the main issue.

Edited by SortaRandom

If everyone else is going fast but you then isn't it you who should go solo? After running the same capture/sabotage/deception/assassination mission multiple times it gets less about "must get resources" and more "I just want to get this over with so I can wait 3 and half days for this frame."

There really is no reason to go slow in any mission because survival,defense and mobile defense are great for resources and affinity farm.

Why would going slow be more "right" than going fast? What are you trying to say here, do you want to find a solution or do you just want satisfaction for yourself?

Edited by GleamingEye

Why would going slow be more "right" then going fast? What are you trying to say here, do you want to find a solution or do you just want satisfaction for yourself?

If going "fast" means leaving your teammates behind and ruining their game experience, then it is no more "right" than going slow is.

It's not like people who are going "slow" are trying to bog down the team or something; they're killing things and opening lockers and such, the way the game was intended to be played. The players who leave their teammates behind to complete nothing but the most primary objective are more harmful to their teammates' game experience than their teammates are to them.

Edited by SortaRandom

Rushing was a huge, huge issue many months ago, and a very large portion of the forumers hated it. We've just accepted it over time because we've lost hope that DE is going to do anything about it; that doesn't mean it's not bad for the game.

If you need proof, look at the OP. Look at all of the people who left the game because of Rushers. Coptering is debatable, but if you think that Rushing through levels and leaving teammates behind is anywhere close to "intended" or "healthy", then you are sadly mistaken.

And where the bloody hell did you get the idea that I said that new players got to "choose" the MK1-Braton? I'm not saying that the weapon's not an issue, I'm saying that it's nowhere near close to being the main issue.

It was never huge issue. And I'm pretty sure nobody actually quit because of rushers, please present proof.

And like gleaming said how is rushing more wrong than going slow? And to me it seems people crying about rushing are getting their way with double doors and veeeeery slooooooooow elevators. The game is not built for teamwork, no matter what it says. And if 3 people are going fast and 1 guy gets left behind then the slow guy is the one in the wrong.

If going "fast" means leaving your teammates behind and ruining their game experience, then it is no more "right" than going slow is.

Well going slow would ruin MY gameplay experiance, please think about both sides of the coin before posting.

And no I never said going slow was "not right", don't put words in my mouth

Edited by GleamingEye

I'll need some stats on people "leaving because the meanie rushers go faster than me".

I also want you to be aware that people who were fine with rushing never came to *@##$ on the forums for a very obvious reason. And that the forums never represented the majority of the players.

Seeing lots of "zorencopter" repeated.

Option b: Wall running. If you wall run, you move quite fast, and when you jump at the end, you spring off forcefully, launching across the room.

Many people NEVER wall run, so you wouldn't notice this if you didn't do it yourself, but try it--it's impressive how much speed and distance you can get that way.

Option b: Wall running. If you wall run, you move quite fast, and when you jump at the end, you spring off forcefully, launching across the room.

Many people NEVER wall run, so you wouldn't notice this if you didn't do it yourself, but try it--it's impressive how much speed and distance you can get that way.

If it wasn't for that I would not be playing WF, the parkour makes this game, the zorencopting just adds to it imo, the crazy moves you end up doing is what makes WF FUN, who in the world would want to remove that...

Seeing lots of "zorencopter" repeated.

But dear Llyssa. It is obviously an exploit !

And it is completely unrealistic that a heavy frame such as Rhino can suddenly cross half a room just because he jumped on a wall, and then off it !

Plus, you'd leave all the players who don't know that little trick behind ! And that's bad !

But dear Llyssa. It is obviously an exploit !

And it is completely unrealistic that a heavy frame such as Rhino can suddenly cross half a room just because he jumped on a wall, and then off it !

Plus, you'd leave all the players who don't know that little trick behind ! And that's bad !

Are you really going the realism route ? this is a videogame nothing is realistic. And are you sugesting that we shouldnt be able to wallrun and jump off from the wall ? is so WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ???? HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is the whole game FFS where is the downvote button ?

It's not like people who are going "slow" are trying to bog down the team or something; they're killing things and opening lockers and such, the way the game was intended to be played. The players who leave their teammates behind to complete nothing but the most primary objective are more harmful to their teammates' game experience than their teammates are to them.

It's not like those rushing people benefit in any way, shape or form from you slowly killing unnecessary stuff in the beggining of the map and opening lockers. You, for some reason, ignore situations in which rushing majority suffers from minority, that prefers to take take it easy and take in the scenery.

Edited by Deicul

Well going slow would ruin MY gameplay experiance, please think about both sides of the coin before posting.

And no I never said going slow was "not right", don't put words in my mouth

Did I say that it wouldn't ruin your gameplay experience? No. I said that fast players leaving teammates behind are just as harmful to their slow teammates as slow players are to their fast teammates. 

I also did not say that you said that going slow was "not right". You're the one putting words in my mouth, mate.

I also want you to be aware that people who were fine with rushing never came to $#*(@ on the forums for a very obvious reason. And that the forums never represented the majority of the players.

While the forums aren't even close to representing the majority, they do represent the population of players who care the most about the game's future.

I'll need some stats on people "leaving because the meanie rushers go faster than me".

It was never huge issue. And I'm pretty sure nobody actually quit because of rushers, please present proof.

Do you expect me to find the players who quit and ask them about it or something? Seriously.
Go and prove to me that nobody left. Works both ways, bud.

There are many old threads about the issue that died months ago when the devs said that they'd be trying to solve the issue (which is why missions are getting revamped in the first place). Find them yourselves.

And are you honestly under the impression that nobody has left the game due to rushers? You're arguing with a bunch of people who feel that rushing is an issue. Stop pretending that it's not a problem that other people experience as well.

And like gleaming said how is rushing more wrong than going slow? And to me it seems people crying about rushing are getting their way with double doors and veeeeery slooooooooow elevators. The game is not built for teamwork, no matter what it says. And if 3 people are going fast and 1 guy gets left behind then the slow guy is the one in the wrong.

Like I already said, how is going slow more wrong than rushing?

It's not like the "slow" players are having their own peaceful dandy time when the mission gets completed before they clear out three tiles. When a team is separated, everyone suffers.

The game is not built for teamwork, no matter what it says.

That is the issue. It's a co-op game, and it sure as hell should be built for teamwork.