The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hardware Failure - Graphiccard Kernel Stopped Working

buriburi

Since I've bought a new computer, i got a couple of Hardware Failures. It's always the same way: 

-Playing warframe

-"Nvida kernel mode has stopped working and has been recoverd"

-Warframe hardware failure page (which is wrong btw. right one)

I have a "Palit Geforce GTX 760 Jetstream". Driver: 332.21

What i've tried so far:

-Reinstalling the driver

-Installed afterburner to see stats (can't read them):

What i noticed on Afterburner is that my GPU workload is often at 100%. 

In game pics: just the main menu (solar system) ~250FPS

45726,unbenannt696W7.png

Sologame Mercury: ~200fps

45727,asdRVNLW.png

I dont use vsync because it messes up with the mouse movement + i wanna play with more than 60fps.

What are my options here? Is it a software problem or a hardware problem? 

Edited by buriburi

Step 1 Dont use MSi afterburner as it steath installs programs, Instead using something like EVGA Precision X or Asus GPU Tweak 
Step 2 If problem is still occuring its due to GPU core/memory clock speeds being to high and is causing the card to be unstable (i.e. Driver/Kernel crash) so try and bring them down buy 50mhz and then try playing for a bit. 
Step 3 If the issue is still occuring contact your video card Manufacture and let them know about the issues with it causing the display driver/Kernel to crash

Step 1 Dont use MSi afterburner as it steath installs programs, Instead using something like EVGA Precision X or Asus GPU Tweak 

Step 2 If problem is still occuring its due to GPU core/memory clock speeds being to high and is causing the card to be unstable (i.e. Driver/Kernel crash) so try and bring them down buy 50mhz and then try playing for a bit. 

Step 3 If the issue is still occuring contact your video card Manufacture and let them know about the issues with it causing the display driver/Kernel to crash

i "solved" it differently: installed nvidia inspector. i used fps limit. the main difference to vsync is that you don't have any input lag, even playing on 60fps.

to 2) it seems that the graphic card is OC from the manufacturer. As you can see in the pics, it runs at 100%. my solution is good for now. 

thx for your reply.