Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Experience Vs Weapon Level

Balduron04

Right now, weapon experience is based on kills. However, a kill is just a kill, and nothing more. Higher level weapons level faster than lower level weapons because they can kill more, and kill faster.

I just picked up a low level weapon without thinking and entered a lvl 25 grineer mission with it. The result was a semi-difficult time killing things with it to level up. I did switch to the backups when I ran out of ammo, but what really got me thinking was the rewards at the end.

I killed the same amount with both weapons. I got the same experience on both the lvl 4 weapon and the level 25 weapon. Shouldn't I have learned more by killing with my low level weapon on those more difficult enemies?

I'm not terribly up to date on exp values per enemy, but it seems to me that killing with my weak gun should have gotten more bang for its ammo in terms of experience. I know i could mow through lvl 5 grineer with it and level it up a few times, but imo 5 lvl 25 should be worth a good deal more than 16 lvl 5's. I'm just estimating here, but if someone could do the math and show that those higher level guys are worth more than a handful of lower level guys, I'd shut my mouth and go back to having fun.

TLDR: Higher enemies should give more weapon exp per kill to lower level guns than they do right now. The bigger the level gap, the more exp they should give.

well, actually if get 1000xp on a lvl 4 weapon it will probably level up to 5, a level 25 weapon instead wont make any level with such xp, so you kinda made more experience with your level 4 weapon cause it's now lvl 5... isn't it?

anyway, any enemy type has his xp value, and it rise with level, a lvl 1 greener butcher will award about 56xp, the same kind of enemy on a higher level will give 56 + something

so it's all about the enemy itself, not much about his level (consider that some enemies spown only on a certain tier, and higer tier missions have higer enemy type)

Edited by Regar

Creating your own problem IMO. Don't take rank 0 weapons into Lv25 missions. Take them into lower level missions where you can slaughter lowbie enemies. The only gun that I ever had problems with at Rank 0 on Apollodorus was the Miter, and you get so many saw men coming at you on that mission it's very easy to get to rank 5-10 in one mission.