Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Channel Need Some Improvement

ExorcistEX

Please add some limit such as

-Cool down timer between message

-Text limit per message.

Currently many player spamming the same long message and blocking the channel.

example

ybe5.jpg

Most of these player will spam the same message when their name disappeared. (Which usually around 30secs-1min...)

Separate the channel into 2 channel

Trading channel

-Individual (list less than 4 items)

-Bundles   (list more than 4 items)

They took away the Paste function from chat, so people spamming the same long messages every10 seconds are obviously scripting.

DE please look this up!

I also /i all those damned spammers.

As trading expands into more items, as I'm sure it will, preventing this and adding a delay to how often one can post in terms of frequency in trade chat are going to be more and more important.

Let me clarify a few things about trade and the trade channel.

(1) There is already a cooldown on posting any message in the channel. The issue is that:

- You can post another message, or change your original message a bit, and just repost again right away.

- There are a LOT of sellers, so even if each player can only post once every so often, the channel will still be flooded, especially in peak-times.

(2) There is already a 300-character limit on each message.

(3) You do NOT need any scripts or bots or hacks, or anything you guys are insinuating, to copy/paste a bit of text.

I do not know if any of you have played other games and MMOs that do not have a market or stall or auction house systems, but they all have the same thing happen in the trade chat, and in many cases their chat is a LOT worse.

Also, I see some players who keep blaming, flaming or ignoring sellers for posting "large" paragraphs of goods, i.e. BUNDLES, (by large I mean 4-6 lines of text), even when they are not actually spamming (once every 1 or 2 minutes is NOT spamming, sheeesh). Yeah, I hate spammers too, those who spam the same thing every few seconds, but you are complaining about or getting annoyed with sellers who post large paragraphs or bundles. Well, there are many mods in this game, and sellers need to market their items to make some plat. And that's why the trade chat is there, so deal with it.

You still have a few ways around that:

(1) You can expand the chat box itself to make it bigger and see more text. That should solve a large part of the problem.

(2) If you want, you can just ignore the players you think are "spamming" excessively.

(3) If you have stuff to sell and there are too many sellers posting and you do not have the patience to compete, simply wait for off-peak times or change to a less active or populated region.

(4) The trade channel is optional: you are not forced to be there if it bothers you. And it is still better than having no option to trade. Also, it is a lot better than many other games with a similar system.

(5) You can use the Trade Post in the Forums here to buy or sell.

With that said, having a market or auction house could be a nice option as well, but the game economy needs to develop a lot more for that to be viable. Perhaps once materials, resources, blueprints, etc can be traded. 

Edited by Hadronox