The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Quick Thinking?

Zephyric_Reaper

Considering it's draining only 2 health per regen, I don't see how armor is going to help at all anyway.

What you mean by it's draining only 2 health per regen?

According to the describe, when frame's health drops to 2, QT will take effect.

Also according to the describe, the effect should happen in this order: take damage->calculate damage effected by armor->reduce the energy points.

But in the game, QT works as  take damage-->reduce the energy points.

Since you are testing with Nova, which have minimen armor, the second step "calculate damage effected by armor" would have minimal to none effect on you.

Edited by lucio1019

Guest Shibboleet

Thank you, it shows exactly what everyone is saying - energy evaporates faster than health. Vigor or max shield recharge mods are better and cheaper if you have extra slot for defence mods. 

It shows that instead of dying you do not die and trade off 5-?? energy per death. The point of the mod is not to tank enemies...it's there to save you every once and a while so that you do not need to be revived.

Guest Shibboleet

What you mean by it's draining only 2 health per regen?

According to the describe, when frame's health drops to 2, QT will take effect.

Also according to the describe, the effect should happen in this order: take damage->calculate damage effected by armor->reduce the energy points.

But in the game, QT works as  take damage-->reduce the energy points.

Since you are testing with Nova, which have minimen armor, the second step "calculate damage effected by armor" would have minimal to none effect on you.

The descriptions on mod cards are vague at times such as the fatal attraction card. If the card ignores health at the 2 mark, the energy drained portion would not be affected by armor. In essense, at this point you have 3 drain bars that enemies need to chew through: Shields, health, energy.

And even still, I will continue to use this mod because it is better than a shield/health mod.

Edited by Shibboleet

The descriptions on mod cards are vague at times such as the fatal attraction card. If the card ignores health at the 2 mark, the energy drained portion would not be affected by armor. In essense, at this point you have 3 drain bars that enemies need to chew through: Shields, health, energy.

And even still, I will continue to use this mod because it is better than a shield/health mod.

Well.

DE changed the descrition and I did not notice it. My bad.

While I see your point in that I find it more effective to actually bring CC instead of an enemy needing to take away 3 bars and the third being more so a weak shield. Also, it needs too many mods to be useful and it depletes your energy in the process. I never really needed this mod but it's quite sad that it doesn't fulfill the purpose I thought it would. I guess instagib slashes shall still be so. 

Guest Shibboleet

While I see your point in that I find it more effective to actually bring CC instead of an enemy needing to take away 3 bars and the third being more so a weak shield. Also, it needs too many mods to be useful and it depletes your energy in the process. I never really needed this mod but it's quite sad that it doesn't fulfill the purpose I thought it would. I guess instagib slashes shall still be so. 

Which mod does it require to be useful?

I place QT in because there isn't anything else to place in the 10th slot for nova.

Guest Shibboleet

I use QT in place of Vigor/Vitality/Redirection/Fast deflection....and never Equilibrium. I don't use wormhole because I can get anywhere without it; Wormhole is more for messing around.

DE shouldn't have changed the way Quick Thinking worked, only reduced efficiency of it greatly.

Taken from the Wiki: "Prior to Update 11.1.0, it could be combined with Rage, to convert energy to health for your Warframe many times in a row with 96% efficiency."

Instead of having 96% efficiency, all it needed to have was a much lower efficiency, and it would have been fine.

I advocate an energy -> SHIELD solution. It would basically be the same thing, but it doesn't work with Rage - and that's the only problem with it, right?

It shows that instead of dying you do not die and trade off 5-?? energy per death. The point of the mod is not to tank enemies...it's there to save you every once and a while so that you do not need to be revived.

Except not dying is about sustaining damage and QT does it very poorly. If you run out of health enemies are still on you they will drain your energy in 1-2 shots and its over anyway. 

Lets not argue about builds, the point is that QT got overnerfed. 

I advocate an energy -> SHIELD solution. It would basically be the same thing, but it doesn't work with Rage - and that's the only problem with it, right?

Depends on how you make it work. Shields = 0, QT kicks in and energy converts to shields continuously, out of energy - start taking health damage -  Rage kicks in and converts lost health to energy - QT kicks in and converts energy to shields...  It could work. except in NM, and I suppose many people would hate to lose energy as soon as they run out of shields

Depends on how you make it work. Shields = 0, QT kicks in and energy converts to shields continuously, out of energy - start taking health damage -  Rage kicks in and converts lost health to energy - QT kicks in and converts energy to shields...  It could work. except in NM, and I suppose many people would hate to lose energy as soon as they run out of shields

Nah. As in when your HP drops to zero, QT replenish your shields. However, one problem I see how is that this makes it useless against Slash procs,

I've already found another combo that works almost just as well (it essentially works the same way) as Rage and Quick thinking except it doesn't work against the stalker or in PvP, lol. Well, almost as well.  It requires two cards most people use anyways and three to four more cards.  

Edit: Correction.  It requires two cards most people use anyways and then 2 more cards.  (Really, just one of the two cards most people use anyways would work so three cards total).  Obviously more cards that boost the effectiveness of the combo help it more.

(There is a reason why whenever I play trading card games such as Yugioh and MTG, I don't join tournaments anymore-my decks get systematically banned because of my absurd combos (one minor TCG, I made a deck that made me invincible within 3 turns (essentially either turning the game into a draw or a win for me)).  In a tabletop RPG, I made a character that at level 1 (think unranked in Warframe terms), had every ability in the game maxed, had infinite energy, infinite health, and always rolled a perfect roll among other things it could do-Needless to say, that character got retired fairly quickly (our game got a new patron diety) because it was too powerful.)

TL;DR (on the small text): My suggestions are given considering possible combos and attempts to break the game (so to speak).

What I think should be done is to have Quick Thinking either:

1) Work similarly to Guardian (use a portion of your energy that is decreased by rank to instantly recover your shields).  It would be more useful, but it wouldn't protect you from direct health damage such as poison or slash in exchange.  Let us say that it could start at 20-50 energy to recover your shields and then it could take as low as 10 energy at max rank.

2) Be a health regeneration instead of a heal (more like Oberon instead of Trinity).

3) Be how it used to be but have a cooldown like Guardian has (so it can save you once every 30 seconds).

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

Guest Shibboleet

Except not dying is about sustaining damage and QT does it very poorly. If you run out of health enemies are still on you they will drain your energy in 1-2 shots and its over anyway. 

Lets not argue about builds, the point is that QT got overnerfed. 

If you actually used the mod or watch the video, you can see that enemies take a much longer time than '1-2 shots'; The only time I can think of where you could be swarmed and die in a few hits is if you're hugging toxic ancients -or- you regularly are killing level 1600's of any faction and attempting to tank them. I was merely stating that with QT you don't need to use the other mods as a sort of trade off. How is it overnerfed?

Edited by Shibboleet

If you actually used the mod or watch the video, you can see that enemies take a much longer time than '1-2 shots'; The only time I can think of where you could be swarmed and die in a few hits is if you're hugging toxic ancients -or- you regularly are killing level 1600's of any faction and attempting to tank them. I was merely stating that with QT you don't need to use the other mods as a sort of trade off. How is it overnerfed?

If you actually read the thread you would know that I ran QT build  and it prolonged the life for only couple seconds vs lvl10 mobs and same said by topic starter. QT is not saving you when its needed - when you are taking lots of damage, when you get knocked down and swarmed, in NM. In a situation where you only face few weaker enemies or can dodge you can obviously survive anyway. Using shield/health mods is more effective than QT that is reliant on energy you might not even have and cheaper equip-wise. 

Guest Shibboleet

If you actually read the thread you would know that I ran QT build  and it prolonged the life for only couple seconds vs lvl10 mobs and same said by topic starter. QT is not saving you when its needed - when you are taking lots of damage, when you get knocked down and swarmed, in NM. In a situation where you only face few weaker enemies or can dodge you can obviously survive anyway. Using shield/health mods is more effective than QT that is reliant on energy you might not even have and cheaper equip-wise. 

In real scenarios it saves me all the time when I do happen to do something stupid, whether it's a weaker penta shell, let myself be swarmed, or hit by a level 200.