Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"could Not Update Account Information, Progress Not Saved!"

(PSN)Wa_Pox

Hi, I've been playing Waframe for over a month now and enjoying the hell out of it, but I've been confronted with an annoying (bug?) lately.

I've never had this before, but now I've received this message once yesterday and thrice in my last four games today :

"Could not update account information, progress not saved!" when I finish a mission.

This is pretty annoying and disappointing since it made me lose some pretty nice stuff (a Dread BP dropped by the ever-elusive Stalker, and some rare plant extract for the Cicero Crisis event.)  I don't know if it's due to the U11.5, but I played since its implementation and haven't got this message in the first few days. Please tell me it's a known problem and that there's a way around it.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me today when I finally got the twin gremlins BP to drop and yesterday when a decent mod I needed dropped.. Urgh.. Back to the grind.

Same here. For the first time ever. Happened today while I was trying to get my Soma back up to level 30 after putting a Forma into it. Got it up 4 levels in Survival and after extracting and going back to the star map, I got that prompt and the progress I put into my Soma along with every Fusion Core I picked up along the way were gone. I'm pretty put off by that. But I can go back in and redo it though.

Just found the below from support about the problem in another forum post. FYI -"My game crashed during a mission." & "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved."

This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.

• 1 month later...

I think I have a fix for this !!!!!

I too had this problem and I googled it. I think it is related to DNS. I changed my DNS settings to google's DNS from my ISP's and I have not seen the issue again.

Please google ISP DNS issues, its a common with internet browsing but I cannot find it linked to this issue. You can setup each "computer" to use a custom DNS or you can setup you router. I chose to set my router to use GoogleDNS.

My ISP is demon, but from the news groups it is a common issue for many ISPs.

Other DNS providers are available.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

If it works for you please spread the word on other threads.

Edited by (PS4)BillyBag2

GAME IS BROKEN, CAN'T PLAY AM DONE INTO THEY FIX THIS CRAP, FIRST TIME IN THE MORNING AFTER 2 DAY WITHOUT PLAYING I COME BACK AND GUESS WHAT FAIL TO CONNECT TO SERVER 3 TIME BACK TO BACK. THE MOST FUNNY IS THE SILENCE THEY HAVE. WHAT ABOUT MY BOOSTERS, BOTH  AF AND CRED THEY STILL RUNNING , MY MONEY WASTED.GREAT GAME BUT SICK LOW PERFORMANCE. LOOKS LIKE A PS3 GAME MASS EFFECT 3 LOOKS BETTER, NEXT GEN GAME MY BIG DICE.

Just found the below from support about the problem in another forum post. FYI -"My game crashed during a mission." & "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved."

This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.

YEAH IS EASY FOR THEN, I SPEND MONEY AND MY BOOSTER STILL RUNNING, NO TIME FOR PATIENCE WITH MONEY IN THE MIX

My guess is the fix will automatically happen after the 12.4.4 event ends. The beggining of 12.4.4 was the beggining on any issues I am experiencing. I shouldn't have to set up my router, especially when the game was working fine before 12.4.4.

Did I mention 12.4.4 ? :/

Ha, now they have extended this Tathras event another week. Just think of all the other players who will lose interest in the B.S this game is producing. Maybe the game isn't profitable for the developer anymore, and they no longer care. Oh well.... It's sad

Ha, now they have extended this Tathras event another week. Just think of all the other players who will lose interest in the B.S this game is producing. Maybe the game isn't profitable for the developer anymore, and they no longer care. Oh well.... It's sad

I sincerely doubt that.Do you know how many lazy players pay for prime access because they happen to have spare cash or want to feel better than others? Maybe it's different for others but I'm just about forced to buy plat any time I need a reactor,catalyst,or weapon slots not even because anything DE did,other people are just never fun to work with in barter.Too many people wanna have their cake and eat it too. If they found no profit in the game we likely wouldn't even get 12.4.4,which btw PC is a bit ahead of us on that proving there is more to come and we are just riding out one of I'm sure many storms to come. This is a port to a system that runs different,just saying.

Also as a side note,if you have your rewards then that literally does not hurt you at all,only your own impatience is doin that friend.This is coming from someone who loses progress every other match and frequently gets kicked from the menu by the way,I have all my crap but I don't care one wit about the extensions because I know some people that literally can't play at all through no fault of their own.Twould be a shame if they missed out because an error be it from Sony or DE,don't you think?

I sincerely doubt that.Do you know how many lazy players pay for prime access because they happen to have spare cash or want to feel better than others? Maybe it's different for others but I'm just about forced to buy plat any time I need a reactor,catalyst,or weapon slots not even because anything DE did,other people are just never fun to work with in barter.Too many people wanna have their cake and eat it too. If they found no profit in the game we likely wouldn't even get 12.4.4,which btw PC is a bit ahead of us on that proving there is more to come and we are just riding out one of I'm sure many storms to come. This is a port to a system that runs different,just saying.

Also as a side note,if you have your rewards then that literally does not hurt you at all,only your own impatience is doin that friend.This is coming from someone who loses progress every other match and frequently gets kicked from the menu by the way,I have all my crap but I don't care one wit about the extensions because I know some people that literally can't play at all through no fault of their own.Twould be a shame if they missed out because an error be it from Sony or DE,don't you think?

I am not being impatient . All I am saying is the new event content screwed up the game. This game is awesome to play, but I also enjoy earning my gear. If every other match that I play dosnt count, it is frustrating. Half of the reason I or anyone else plays this game is to build from nothing into something, and the other half of the reason is to have fun. I and many other people are losing interest because they can't build their warframe into that something. It's like going to work and not getting paid at the end of the week. It's like goin on a date and not getting any. It sux.

I too had this problem and I googled it. I think it is related to DNS. I changed my DNS settings to google's DNS from my ISP's and I have not seen the issue again.

Please google ISP DNS issues, its a common with internet browsing but I cannot find it linked to this issue. You can setup each "computer" to use a custom DNS or you can setup you router. I chose to set my router to use GoogleDNS.

Im going to try this when I get home.

I am not being impatient . All I am saying is the new event content screwed up the game. This game is awesome to play, but I also enjoy earning my gear. If every other match that I play dosnt count, it is frustrating. Half of the reason I or anyone else plays this game is to build from nothing into something, and the other half of the reason is to have fun. I and many other people are losing interest because they can't build their warframe into that something. It's like going to work and not getting paid at the end of the week. It's like goin on a date and not getting any. It sux.

True enough friend,specially the dating bit,sadly all we can really do is wait. I will say this,if one would decide to take a break this game won't go anywhere.Personally I think that's the most likely outcome,a lot of people will put it down for a while and come back when the kinks are ironed out. I wanna say we're just riding out what PC people already dealt with but I could be mistaken. Either way I'm thinkin this'll be fixed in due time,just dunno when. Thankfully Dark Souls 2 for some and Infamous second son for others is still hanging around to bide time.

Just an update to this, it did not work for me.  Game is nigh unplayable.

It would be good if they could find a work around for the host migration issue. I get that it is running P2P and the host will be holding all the cards, so to speak. But would it be that hard, really, to have a local copy of all the mods, pickups, XP earned that you receive? At least that way, when the host bugs out you won't have wasted all that time and effort. It would go a long way to soothing some angry players!

The cynical side of me says that the reason DE don't see it as an issue is that in the long run it tips the scale for players who might spend money on the game. If they can't farm the equipment they need they might buy it instead. What's the stats? It's like >98% of players don't pay a penny\cent\guacomarlen rosecrown towards the game. So the small % who do shouldn't go unheard.

Edited by (PS4)CuttlefishJones

I think in my 325 hours of play I've crashed or not saved approximately 5 times. After u13 drops on PC and ps4 I'm pretty sure they said they will work on more performance and bug fixes since a lot of their resources have been going into melee 2.0 and their secret release of badlands.

My progress yesterday refused to save back to back. Match after match for most of the day. Mods that I wouldn't normally find (Hell's Chamber, Incendiary Coat, etc.) along with around 70+ Oxium on Mimas were lost. Along with the levels earned for my Grinlok. The game literally wouldn't let me attempt to complete my build as it'd force me to stay with a level 6 weapon. It was so frustrating to see all my progress tossed out of the window. I wish they'd at least set it to save things as you pick them up rather than when you get back to the Star Chart.