Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bronco Series

TheStag

Well, many people have raged against the Bronco, Dual Bronco's, and Bronco Prime due to the fact that they are hand cannons such as the Brakk, but they have no damage fall off. Even though the Broncos should logically have damage falloff, I believe they should stay the way they are.

Why?

The Bronco and Dual Broncos are a nice upgrade from other sidearms for fairly new players. They are powerful and able to hold their own against many enemies, but they are not always thought to be end-game material. These weapons are mostly impact damage because of their shotgun-like nature, but they are still viable against all factions. This makes them fairly balanced.

The Bronco Prime is a bit different. It is a very nice weapon that has a hefty damage output with nice stats. Although it does mostly impact damage, like the other Broncos, it is still very viable against all factions. The Bronco Prime is one of the sidearms with damage close to that of the Brakk, although the Brakk is still the primary choice for raw damage. I have used the Bronco Prime in late wave survival and defense, and it has not failed me yet. 

The Broncos are good against all factions and the Bronco Prime is a good late game to end game weapon, but these sidearms are still behind the Brakk in raw damage. The no damage falloff makes these weapons more versatile than the Brakk. Sometimes, versatility is better than raw damage. That is why I believe these weapons should keep the no damage falloff.

The Detron is fairly similar to this. It has projectiles with travel time and less damage than the Brakk, but it has no damage falloff due to the type of weapon it is (energy based). The Detron is more versatile than the Brakk just liek the Bronco series is, although the raw damage output is less.

Please leave feedback below. Thank you for your time reading this.

It's like they think this is their game or something...

Ya ikr! We own this game. Loki already switch teleported DE's "game files" with cookies... sugar free cookies....

Back on topic now pls.

Edited by TheStag

Ya ikr! We own this game. Loki already switch teleported DE's "game files" with cookies... sugar free cookies....

Back on topic now pls.

One could simple argue that Tenno and Corpus "hand cannons" don't have damage fall off, but Grineer ones do.

Or, like we've illustrated already (oh what? Arch was on topic while being off topic??) we can just point to the fact that DE follows the beat of their own drum, and we as players can't always make sense of things in a logical way.

I'd still rather call them hand/pocket shotguns. Or even better, pocket shotties. There's just something so affectionate about calling a shotgun your "shotty".

But you make a very good point, about the Bronco series' versatility as opposed to the Brakk's raw damage. I support this idea.

Don't forget the spread. The whole reason damage fall off was introduced was because the hek was powerful and accurate with just about no spread. Nearly all the pellets will hit their mark even at far distances.

Try engaging an enemy at a very far range with any bronco series weapon expect 90% of your pellets to miss their mark.

Don't forget the spread. The whole reason damage fall off was introduced was because the hek was powerful and accurate with just about no spread. Nearly all the pellets will hit their mark even at far distances.

Try engaging an enemy at a very far range with any bronco series weapon expect 90% of your pellets to miss their mark.

This is true. Unless your fighting low levels at long range with a potatoed Bronco Prime, your lack of damage falloff means nothing past mid to short range due to spread. 

Edit: +1

Edited by TheStag

To be honest, I think the Broncos should be the "standard" of what a pocket/hand shotgun/cannon should be, rather, shotguns in general I believe. No damage dropoff, some spread that pellets can strike even past effective range, but not in a literal 90+degree cone from the barrel where you -need- to be in touching distance to shove 4+ pellets down their throats. You should be able to at least saturate long range targets with pellets to deal some damage, but not enough to effectively blow their head off with 5+pellets in a spread of 16 or more.