Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Crit Chance/dmg Of Akmagnus, As It Is Lower Then The Single Magnus.

Kato-san

Right now Akmagnus is the only dual pistol where its crit is lower then the single gun version. Now if its base dmg was higher it would make up for it, but it is not, and I feel it should be changed to be equal to the crit dmg and chance of the single version of Magnus.

Edited by MindlessWar

it already has a higher fire rate, lower recoil, double magazine size while the reload is only x1.5 times longer, to make up for the lower crit

Most dual weapons come with a 2x modifier on fire rate while the Akmagnus is not even a 1.5x modifier, then it lacks a polarity as well unlike the original's V.  Even accounting for the lower recoil (which is odd in itself), it's probably the weakest "upgrade" comparatively of other single->dual weapons.  I wouldn't even be surprised if it turned out to not really be an upgrade at all.

ive always thought dual versions were supposed to be sidegrades anyway

Sadly your thoughts and this game's past patterns don't align.  I wouldn't mind if that was the case though, I've always preferred holding a handgun in a single hand in games.  Feels a bit more realistic and I've passed the stage of "OMG I FEEL SO BAD &#!" just by dual wielding.  Unless I could dual wield rocket launchers anyway, then I'd probably feel bad &#!.

Personally I think they should make the change from Magnus to Akmagnus more like the change from Vasto to Akvasto. The fire rate should be about doubled, just like on the Akvasto and many other dual versions. At the same time the Crit Chance and Multiplier should be the same as regular Magnus, again the same as the change from Vasto to Akvasto.

If players are going through the extra expense of building it and are giving up a polarity slot, then they should get more out of it than they currently are with the Akmagnus.

At least that's my opinion.