Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo Room Option Suggestion

Immortal

Ok so you ever been wondering around in your Clan's Dojo of awesomeness and you bring up the map and your like; "where the heck am I this map is just so big...", and then you just end up spinning around in a panic going, "AHHHH WHERE AM I!!!!!!".

rauf.gif

Well I can tell you my fellow Warframe Clan and Clan Dojo enthusiasts I have been there. You end up running around in circles for hours before you end up where you spawned into the Clan Dojo and then you swear to yourself that you passed that decoration twice. So my concept that I think would help you and myself figure out just what room we are currently in or trying to get to is:

-Adding a feature to the Dojo Room Option for each room of the Clan's Dojo rooms that allows Clan Decorators to set a short room message stating what that room is. This message would then appear briefly at the upper left hand corner of the in-game UI and/or in the center of the screen.
-Another tool that would prevent Clan Members from getting lost would be when they bring up their map for the Clan Dojo using the default "M" key or the default button on their controller they would see a small text over each room area based on the room that was created.
20n3.png

Well there you have it, my suggestion for Clan Dojo's. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any comments please feel free to leave a reply below and i'll make sure to try to read every last one.

-Thanks guys for taking the time to read everything, Take care.^-^

Edited by Imortel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I never have any problems navigating my Dojo, but then again it's pretty small and straight-forwardly designed, plus I built most of it myself.

Personally I'd say any Dojo that you can get lost in is not well-designed and its current Architect needs to have his privileges revoked and handed over to someone else. The example in particular seems almost painfully inefficient. Sure it makes a cool map, but seriously, what purpose do all those redundant pathways actually serve?

I never have any problems navigating my Dojo, but then again it's pretty small and straight-forwardly designed, plus I built most of it myself.

Personally I'd say any Dojo that you can get lost in is not well-designed and its current Architect needs to have his privileges revoked and handed over to someone else. The example in particular seems almost painfully inefficient. Sure it makes a cool map, but seriously, what purpose do all those redundant pathways actually serve?

I built my dojo all by myself as well, but its the concept of adding names to the dojo map for the major rooms. To help people identify the more important rooms better. And redundant pathways, that is like telling someone not to be creative with their dojo and forget decorations cause its redundant. 

Keep in mind new people play this game everyday and not all know right off the bat what each room is in a dojo. Unless they build it themselves or have a friend to show them within the clan and explain every room to them.

Edited by Imortel

I built my dojo all by myself as well, but its the concept of adding names to the dojo map for the major rooms. To help people identify the more important rooms better. And redundant pathways, that is like telling someone not to be creative with their dojo and forget decorations cause its redundant. 

Keep in mind new people play this game everyday and not all know right off the bat what each room is in a dojo. Unless they build it themselves or have a friend to show them within the clan and explain every room to them.

Ah, point. I know you can have little text messages at each room's management console, perhaps you could use this to make little direction arrows to which hallways go where?

Ah, point. I know you can have little text messages at each room's management console, perhaps you could use this to make little direction arrows to which hallways go where?

I did that already actually, but it seems to small and off to the side in alot of rooms. Feels like people don't pay attention to them and just run past them. But the first concept/idea is the one i would really like to see more then the second;

"-Adding a feature to the Dojo Room Option for each room of the Clan's Dojo rooms that allows Clan Decorators to set a short room message stating what that room is. This message would then appear briefly at the upper left hand corner of the in-game UI and/or in the center of the screen."

This only appears for a few of the Research Rooms Currently and the Observatory. Would be nice if each room message did function this way.

Edited by Imortel

I did that already actually, but it seems to small and off to the side in alot of rooms. Feels like people don't pay attention to them and just run past them. But the first concept/idea is the one i would really like to see more then the second;

"-Adding a feature to the Dojo Room Option for each room of the Clan's Dojo rooms that allows Clan Decorators to set a short room message stating what that room is. This message would then appear briefly at the upper left hand corner of the in-game UI and/or in the center of the screen."

This only appears for a few of the Research Rooms Currently and the Observatory. Would be nice if each room message did function this way.

Oh, so for example once you enter a fork hallway, you could get text on your screen saying something like

"<-- Clan research wing | Dynamo wing -->" ?  I get it, that's a bit better than what I initially thought. Could be fun just for tomfoolery too.