Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Categorizing Weapons As Clan Vs. Not Clan

ThePresident777

As far as we know Tenno do not have any form of community other than clans.  So, I don't see how a Tenno could acquire Tenno weapons except within a clan facility, excluding stolen or copied weapons which I think would not be a major source anyway.

So, I think that all Tenno weapons should be clan weapons.  The weapons available strictly through clan should be only Tenno weapons and researched, stolen, or otherwise hard to acquire non-Tenno weapons.

The weapon market should be looked upon as Grineer and Corpus shops, merchants, and dealers selling more common Grineer or Corpus weapons.

As far as we know Tenno do not have any form of community other than clans.  So, I don't see how a Tenno could acquire Tenno weapons except within a clan facility, excluding stolen or copied weapons which I think would not be a major source anyway.

So, I think that all Tenno weapons should be clan weapons.  The weapons available strictly through clan should be only Tenno weapons and researched, stolen, or otherwise hard to acquire non-Tenno weapons.

The weapon market should be looked upon as Grineer and Corpus shops, merchants, and dealers selling more common Grineer or Corpus weapons.

good idea, in terms of lore, but it shoulb be difficult for the beginners and the solo players :/

this kinda makes sence

what if they seperated the market into the 4 factions each with a unique ui and had darvo selling you freash *lifted* equipment

but rare tenno suplys would be from the guild maybe like new tenno guns  that are more ornate and complicated can be clan research but simpler ones like the soma and the vectis can be store only

hell maybe for cheaper you can research the tenno weapons in your clan and completly screw darvo

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Well, to be clear most research weapons are reverse engineered common exotic enemy weapons turned to be used by tenno, the market serves absolutely no purpose plot-wise, as for making common weapons research only (and for common I mean most of tenno weapons such as vectis, paris, Lex, etc...)? yeah it would have a heavy impact on new players, it should be the other way around, low tier low level weapons for beginners, strong hard to earn weapons on experienced players, that's how it works on every other game.

good idea, in terms of lore, but it shoulb be difficult for the beginners and the solo players :/

But, this is already the case with Clan tech.  All I'm asking is that it make some sort of sense.

Moving the Tenno weapons into clan wouldn't leave a big hole in a Tenno's arsenal if those weapons have commonly available alternatives, or they are alert only weapons so making them clan weapons makes them more available but the alert system has a lot of items to distribute anyway and none of those weapons have particularly awesome DPS.

The weapons listed as Tenno weapons in the Wiki are:

Boltor, Soma, Tigris, Vectis, Orthos, Scindo, Dual Kamas, Kama, Ankyros, Akmagnus, Magnus, Akbolto, Bolto, Hikuo:  There exist commonly available alternatives.

Glaive, Pangolin Sword: Alert system weapons.

Skana:  It's a starter weapon.  Available for credits, I would leave it as such and assume that there are plenty of them available in Tenno Craig's List.

Dual Skana:  No one will miss it.  Mastery fodder.

Paris, Cernos:  These are the only case where I see no commonly available alternatives.  Making these into clan weapons would hurt solo players.  Their DPS is terrible so the power curve will not be affected.  Consider them basic weapons that every Tenno would know how to make and give the BP out for free.

Mire:  Not a Tenno weapon, but, a relic from the Great Plague, so I would consider it hard to find so therefore researched tech.

Edited by ThePresident777