Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Prime Not Working With Skins

Booletmagnet

As title states, Glaive Prime does not work with skins, namely the "Day of the dead" glaive skin.

This is honestly pretty darn depressing for me, as an avid Glaive fan. I purchased said glaive skin prior to the release of Glaive Prime, and after grinding for the parts, finally aquired said Glaive Prime today, only to find I cannot use this skin I enjoy so much on Glaive Prime.

... I understand that the model differs, so it cannot simply transfer 1:1, hence why it doesn't work... However, it surprises and disappoints me that DE did not add an alternate skin to function with this, due to how Glaive Prime is a direct upgrade from Glaive, and all previous skins functioned fine on their variants. 

Wraith Twin Vipers works with the "Forest Camo Skin", Frost Prime and Mag Prime work with "Immortal" skins, so I feel a bit cheated and more than a little disappointed that Glaive Prime doesn't work with "Day of the dead" skin. 

None of the prime weapons work with the skins. It was brought up when the Day of the Dead skins were introduced. I want them to work, and I don't care if we have to use the 'vanilla' model to do so.

Reaper Prime works with the Candy Cane skin.

Which I'd be happy with, if I could retain the stats of glaive prime. I feel cheated either way, because glaive prime didn't exist when I bought the skin. I don't see why they couldn't simply use the glaive day of the dead skin (model and all) on glaive prime. 

If you equip an alternate helmet on frost prime, you can't visually tell the difference between primed and not primed frosts. I don't see why they should hard-force this skin to not work.

My immortal + squall frost prime looks identical to an immortal + squall regular frost, I don't see why I can't have a glaive prime "day of the dead" that looks identical to a glaive "day of the dead". 

I mean, obviously I'd prefer if they made a reskin of Glaive Prime using the same style, but I'd just as happily use the regular glaive model with this skin. If not, I really kinda feel like I wasted my platinum.

It'd be like if they suddenly released a syanada that gave bonus stats on it, like +10% movement speed. Wouldn't everyone who bought syanadas previously, especially ember prime syanadas be up in arms?

Reaper Prime works with the Candy Cane skin.

That too. This is the only skin I know of that works on the regular version, but not the "upgraded" version. Well, except for IAHgames's braton, but that wasn't a widely-available item. 

Edited by Booletmagnet

That too. This is the only skin I know of that works on the regular version, but not the "upgraded" version. Well, except for IAHgames's braton, but that wasn't a widely-available item.

This is likely because the skin isn't just a repainted skin, but an entirely different model. It actually replaces the model of the scythe it's equipped to, not just repaint it with a different skin design.

Either way, Glaive prime is the only weapon that can't equip a (paid) skin from it's regular counterpart. :/

It's not the only one. The only prime that can equip a skin is as someone pointed out, the Reaper Prime with the candy cane skin. None of the others can.

Anyway, if the prime models are different to what the skin is intended for then we should just use the model the skin was made for. Means more money for DE. I bought the Braton DotD skin and had to get a refund as it did not work :(

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler