The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Overheating Problems

Neah

As of Update 11.8(approximate), my ASUS K55DR laptop has been overheating constantly while running Warframe, causing system shutdowns.I could not run Warframe for any more than 20 minutes due to the overheating problem.

One thing I've noticed is that my laptop's active cooling (while ramps up the fan RPM while temperature is high) does not engage while running Warframe,  it engages just fine while running other games( and also pre-U11.8 or so, since the overheating problems only started recently, around 2 weeks iirc ).

Software upgrades are not a problem as there are no recent software updates to my memory.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

seems more like a problem with the hardware then the software.  Laptops are prone to overheating and aren't really meant for gaming.  Its hard to keep all that hardware cool in such a confined space.   Either tone down the graphics if able, or see if the fans and vents need cleaned out, if it still presists I'd take it in to a service center and make sure all the hardware is fine.

From what that I know there are cooling pads for laptops that you put the laptops on and it keeping it cooling (i have no idea if it works or not i just saw some online) also try to clean from dust (inside of the laptop aswell) I have no idea if it's working or not this is the tip that i got when my laptop got overheated (My mom sent it to a fix the day after >.>)

Thing is, I've been able to play Warframe for around 5 hours straight without any of the overheating problems before this, and I do clean up my laptop regularly , so dust clumping up the fan/ducts is not an issue. I've also tried turning off runtime tesselations, lower graphics and still, the problem presists.

i had the same issue 2 years ago, i let a computer company completly clean out my computer from dust etc, it was not expensive and took 1 day, the next day i took my "clean" notebook and heaqded to a store for cooling mat, you will need something that can blow cold air inside the notebook, not at the passages where the warm air is blown out, my ntb is 5 years old and since the cleaning im running him on that cooling mat everyday even if im only using Word or that kind of stuff.

since many cooling mats have build in cooling fans, you have to find what is ideal for your computer i own a toshiba and they are a similar build with asus so i would recommend you something like this http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/B003ZMF27G_2.jpg, make sure you have no dust, dirt etc under the fans, and dont play WF all day long at high settings, notebooks that are not build for gaming can do a part job of gaming but it hurt them

it could have been since you have it for 1 year... try to get cooling pads for your laptop...or try to send it to a lab to fix it but if you send to a lab make a backup of your laptop...I don't really understand about this overheating problems and I give the same advices that were given to me when I had it, I hope you'll find a way to fix it :X

You might check and see if there's a BIOS/UEFI update for your model.

I would recommend - if you're not doing so already - commonly suggested is to use a cooling pad.

Another would be to angle your laptop on whatever surface you use with something that won't move around, but will allow you to prop the back of your laptop upwards to ensure there's airflow underneath the laptop.

I run this game with a K55A ASUS laptop since Feb, playing this game since April - while this system does tend to overheat with Warframe, the fan has no issues dispersing the heat while there's airflow underneath the laptop.